GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Szlia

You guys need to differentiate between not liking that they are telling poorly the story they want to tell and not liking the story they want to tell. Dragons being actually a bit shit and Jon being a reluctant leader is the story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
You guys need to differentiate between not liking that they are telling poorly the story they want to tell and not liking the story they want to tell. Dragons being actually a bit shit and Jon being a reluctant leader is the story.

Ever have a contractor doing work at your house for a long time? They get bored of the job site. You get bored of them. By the last week, you almost don't care how sloppy their work has become because you just want them not to show up tomorrow.

I think that's what 8 years of Game of Thrones has become. The contractor started pissing in the house bathroom around season three, and 5 seasons later he's leaving coffee cups and shitting and not flushing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think Jon is going to kill her, she is going to realize the other half of the world loves her and in the end she will sail off to rule over Dothraki screamers and freed slaves.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I agree with you, I'm sure they are taking the characters mostly in the directions GRRM plans to, but the way they're taking them is fucking stupid and shitty and fuck them.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seige of KL is inevitable, rest is just lead up and doesn't matter. Keep gets overrun, Cersei's back is to the wall, orders Qyburn to blow up the city. ARYA OUT OF KNOWHERE to kill Cersei, except zombiemountain intercepts her and rips Arya in half. Queue Cleganebowl. Meanwhile jaime grows a concious and kills Cersei for trying to do the same thing the Mad King did. Too late. KL goes boom, Dany walks out of the burning city naked with a melted crown. Jon refuses Dany and the kingdom divides. Jon walks past the wall where ghost is waiting. Credits.

Shit, i wonder if HBO is hiring writers.
This is basically what I see happening.

Siliconemelons

well they did have the "need a dick" to rule convo- so Jon is like "I AM A MAN BUT NOT A MAN TO RULE!" chops it off and wears it gold plated

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Re: Dany

I am not seeing her as a villain in the classical sense. She's not akin to Cersei at all. However, she is not one to be fucked with, as her scorn knows no bounds. I know I'm repeating what has been said, but I'm trying a different angle with it so bear with me. She goes into the slaver cities and lines the roads for miles with dudes crucified. Did they deserve it? Abso-fucking-lutely as they were just getting a taste of their own fucked up medicine. When she burnt mother fuckers to toasty bits in Essos, it was the same thing. They deserved it as well. She comes over here and torches Tarly and his real boy. Why? Because she destroys her enemies. She views herself as a savior and largely was in Essos. At the same time, she believes it is her destiny to rule the 7 kingdoms and that she is the only one capable of doing it justly. Anyone else can be corrupted. It's why she begged Jon as she is a control freak who thinks she is the only one capable of carrying out this divine destiny, and it will ultimately be her downfall. She's going to slaughter KL. I don't need spoilers for that shit. She's going to piss off Varys and to some extent Tyrion (more out of family loyalty to Jaime). Varys is going to work with Sansa to overthrow her. Tyrion will just work against her. She's ultimately going to die. Not because she is evil per se. She's just too fanatical to the point that it will drive her mad and make enemies out of her allies.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Isn't it obvious what happened? They had to get the wood for those Balistas from somewhere??
Deforestation at its finest.

Now why the mountains are no longer there is due to having a military based advantage. They had to clear out everything so as to be able to see the dragons coming from miles away. Its actually brilliant and has absolutely nothing to do with the truth.

• 3Worf

spronk

FPS noob
One of the most jarring tonal shifts in the show from season 5 onwards is the application of modern sensibilities and morals to the GoT world, and this episode perfectly encapsulates how stupid it is on reflection. The characters are a bit weirded out that Brienne of Tarth is a virgin. That would make perfect sense pre 1900 in any human culture - noble ladies were expected to be virgins until marriage, no one would think thats weird.

The second is how Tyrion and Varys constantly try to talk Dany out of burning KL to the ground and instead siege the city until the people revolt. The latter would involve starvation and death just as much as the former, Tyrion literally has had two speeches where he tells the people of Kings Landing that he despises them and he hopes they all die, and Varys was an advisor to the King when Robert/Tywin attacked, murdered and raped and killed babies and didn't bat an eye. KL isn't even the most populous city, and we have to completely ignore how Cersei is feeding anyone, how are the armies and fleets getting supplied, etc.

Instead every moment is written to 2019 morals but in a funny thing even modern leftists aren't happy, with all of them mad that people of color are killed as red shirts constantly, that only the white guy seems to succeed constantly, that the women are all bitches to each other, that there isn't any LGBT loving going on in the "post battle fucking", etc. Of course if you point out that every guy has pretty much turned into a limp dicked retard who gets overshadowed at every moment by a dumbass chick you get told to stop being sexist and that the show is both simultaneously empowering to women and sexist. Uh, ok.

How to make a show for guys: show tits, show battles, talk some politics, don't get too complicated.
How to make a show for women: show hot shirtless guys, show hot women getting rejected, show ugly women getting all the attention
how to make a show for modern 2019 "progressives": ??? have a dyke talk about sadness for 1 hour?

Gotta suck working at HBO, after this show ends Veep also goes off air permanently. The only show worth watching on the network I think is Barry? Westworld is another piece of shit

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Minor autism rage point about earlier episode: Dany said Jon has a better claim to the throne because he's male, but that's actually not true. He has a better claim because he is the son of the Rhaegar, who is older than Dany. Targaryens do have male-preferred inheritance laws, but even if Dany was a male, Jon would still be ahead of her in the line of succession.
Writers either don't understand the material or wanted to score "muh evil gender oppresshion" points.

View attachment 206525

It's pretty much taken for granted that thrones are passed down to males. It was just a quick and clean way for the writers to convey to the audience that Jon has the more legitimate claim. Much cleaner than having Dany whip out the chart that you just showed us. Sometimes simpler is better to get plot points across even if they're not technically the truest explanation.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's just frustrating as a long invested fan. This is what we get after all this time?

It's just lazy uninspired writing milking a franchise that should of died with the Sept if Bealor.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's pretty much taken for granted that thrones are passed down to males. It was just a quick and clean way for the writers to convey to the audience that Jon has the more legitimate claim. Much cleaner than having Dany whip out the chart that you just showed us. Sometimes simpler is better to get plot points across even if they're not technically the truest explanation.

I can't rewatch it right now but someone definitely said something akin to "as a male he has a better claim", when it should just have been "as Rhaegar's child, he has a better claim". Doesn't seem too complicated; even if Jon was a woman he'd be ahead of Dany.

It's a minor issue in the scope of things, but it's just sad that they can't even get the details right on what used to be such a well written show, or worse, deliberately changed it so they could complain about this fictional world's problematic patriarchy.

• 3Like

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kraznys mo Nakloz-
1. Buys little slave boys and cuts off their cocks.
2. Abuses them to the point of destroying their minds so they become unfeeling atamotans.
3. Talks all kind of shit in a language he thinks his buyer cant understand.
4. Cuts the nipple off one of the Unsullied to show that he won't even flinch.
5. Routinely sells this slave army to people so that they can conquer other lands.

Masters-
1. Slavers
2. Crucifies child slaves to show their 'power'
3. Refuses to peaceably change their ways

Dany-
Kills them all.

This board-
Kraznys is not a good guy.
The masters are not good people.
DaNy iS The ViLlIaN... WhAt a CuNt!!! ShE tRiEd tO mAkE pEoPle cHanGe ThEir CuLtUre! SJW!! Reeeeeeeeeeee!

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Kraznys mo Nakloz-
1. Buys little slave boys and cuts off their cocks.
2. Abuses them to the point of destroying their minds so they become unfeeling atamotans.
3. Talks all kind of shit in a language he thinks his buyer cant understand.
4. Cuts the nipple off one of the Unsullied to show that he won't even flinch.
5. Routinely sells this slave army to people so that they can conquer other lands.

Masters-
1. Slavers
2. Crucifies child slaves to show their 'power'
3. Refuses to peaceably change their ways

Dany-
Kills them all.

This board-
Kraznys is not a good guy.
The masters are not good people.
DaNy iS The ViLlIaN... WhAt a CuNt!!! ShE tRiEd tO mAkE pEoPle cHanGe ThEir CuLtUre! SJW!! Reeeeeeeeeeee!

There is nuance to almost every character in the books and some people are mistaking that with shit tier writing on the show. It is legitimately confusing.

You, however, are always a contrite faggot that lacks any nuance and just tries to score cheap points and make yourself feel morally superior.

Fuck off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users