GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Also the retarded Varys shit is going to end up playing a role. He is going to turncoat at some point that much is clear. I'm also losing hope Bran is going to get any more significant screen time and that entire 3 eyed raven stuff was just basically to confirm Jon's parentage.

They are playing fast and loose with the way they are writing this shit, Arya and her road dog, just slip away as some sort of killing duo who are apparently going to act on their own desires, and not be a part of any plan that involves actual warfare. I mean, she is their biggest weapon besides a dragon.

I dont know I could go on and on about how stupid some of this shit is turning out to be but it's almost expected now. Brienne is now a damsel in distress, Dany turned beggar, Jon worse pet owner of all time, I mean just really bad.
i thought they got Varys very much right. he serves the realm, he does what he can to keep bad shit from happening to it. he's also very much anti magic. he is only giving his opinions based on that perspective. Dany is a wild card, he is arguing a more even handed option in jon. Book Varys is more extreme.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Except she literally reiterates a phrase she uses in the very first episode, 'it's not me', thus maintaining the consistency of her character from the very beginning of the show. She wanted to bang Gendry. That doesn't mean she wants to settle down and be a lady. When she sees her Direwolf in the forest in season 7, she tells it to come back home with her and it walks away. She watches it leave and says "it's not you". She and her direwolf are the same archetypes. This isn't 'no particular reason'. It's the jist of her entire character. You guys need to be more careful with your complaints
I dont get the connection that marrying Gendry means a life of embroidering and shit, which is what she was objecting to the whole time.

I'm fine with her not marrying Gendry. I thought it was stupid how there was no tension or dilemma in the scene, just "lol nope, I don't do marrying" as if shes taken a vow of celibacy or something. just one more thread theyre tying off in the least interesting way possible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just watched this, but i'm still stuck at what was the point of the night king arc, the Long night, winter is coming, etc. ?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Uninvolved civilians. lol.

I find it hard to call any wealthy person in Astapor an 'uninvolved civilian', but book Dany is also like what, 13 or 14 at that point?

Uninvolved in said arms deal. I am not sure where the moral confusion is coming from here either - it's like arranging to buy a bunch of missiles off Raytheon, showing up, shooting all their reps and then firing the missiles at Waltham MA, because fuck those guys, they are all partially responsible for Raytheon existing.

Adding slavery and racism doesn't make it any better, it's just a justification for an obvious war crime.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uninvolved in said arms deal. I am not sure where the moral confusion is coming from here either - it's like arranging to buy a bunch of missiles off Raytheon, showing up, shooting all their reps and then firing the missiles at Waltham MA, because fuck those guys, they are all partially responsible for Raytheon existing.

Adding slavery and racism doesn't make it any better, it's just a justification for an obvious war crime.

Yeah that's totally an accurate comparison.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
dany is absolutely the good guy in her mind. and the scenes with her had generally been done from her point of view, or at least from the point of view from the people who benefitted from what she was doing. that in no way makes her any less culpable. ANYTIME there's an issue with dany, her response is scorched earth. the people around her beg for restraint and sometimes she acquiesces, sometimes she doesn't, but she always looks annoyed about it.

I think she used to be the good guy in her own mind. Compared to the Baratheons and the Lannisters she clearly was. Now she realizes Jon is much more "good" than she'll ever be and people follow him because they choose to and not because he has dragons and demands it. The fact that he's more fit to lead and her birth right is actually is, she's just left with selfishness and resentment. Also, don't half of the Targaryens go insane anyways?

So like people are saying, good plot point but written terribly

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Minor autism rage point about earlier episode: Dany said Jon has a better claim to the throne because he's male, but that's actually not true. He has a better claim because he is the son of the Rhaegar, who is older than Dany. Targaryens do have male-preferred inheritance laws, but even if Dany was a male, Jon would still be ahead of her in the line of succession.
Writers either don't understand the material or wanted to score "muh evil gender oppresshion" points.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Minor autism rage point about earlier episode: Dany said Jon has a better claim to the throne because he's male, but that's actually not true. He has a better claim because he is the son of the Rhaegar, who is older than Dany. Targaryens do have male-preferred inheritance laws, but even if Dany was a male, Jon would still be ahead of her in the line of succession.
Writers either don't understand the material or wanted to score "muh evil gender oppresshion" points.

View attachment 206525

maybe i'm misremembering, but i thought varys was the one who said he had a better claim to the throne because he was male. i mean, he did say that, but i don't remember dany saying anything of the sort.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i have a question that i can't seem to get a clear answer to, hopefully you guys can help me with it.

dany is aerys' youngest daughter... i keep seeing people talk about dany being like, 13 in the first book, but the story starts like 15 years AFTER robert's rebellion. how old is dany supposed to have been when her father died?

edit: the wiki for the show says that she wasn't born until after her dad died, and when her mother died during the delivery, viserys took his newborn sister with him to essos for 17 years. so season one basically says she's 17, but i know it's a different timespan for the books, right?

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
maybe i'm misremembering, but i thought varys was the one who said he had a better claim to the throne because he was male. i mean, he did say that, but i don't remember dany saying anything of the sort.

Varys said something about a male being more acceptable to the lords of Westeros iirc.
dany is aerys' youngest daughter... i keep seeing people talk about dany being like, 13 in the first book, but the story starts like 15 years AFTER robert's rebellion. how old is dany supposed to have been when her father died?

I don't think Aerys knew Rhaella was pregnant when he sent her and Viserys away to Dragonstone, which didn't fall until quite a while after the sack of King's Landing.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Welp after watching that I can never jerk off to Emilia Clarke again. Botox is stupid, but she really needs to find something to paralyze her fucking face, its pumping out a Warner Bros cartoon reaction every 0.25 secs.

lmao. She's still gorgeous, and Melissandre too. But they are fucking annoying with their accents and talking so loud, haha!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There has been a lot wrong with the last 2 episodes. Most or all of which has been discussed ad nauseum already. Sliding into a craptacular finish it seems. Feels bad man.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its just shameful how money changes shit. Look how fucking good season 1 was. Let's not even think about Harrenhall or the Red Wedding or any of that, just season 1 alone was perhaps the best run of episodes in the history of television.

Then it catches fire, becomes a worldwide phenomenon, makes a ton of money and on top of that the source material runs dry. I can see why it has become a shit show.

Either way there is no excuse for how they are writing in certain story elements and lazily tying up loose ends. Uber ballista that can just totally nullify dragons....lol. They build up dragons as these magical, immensely powerful, awesome creatures but then make them trivial to serve the story when it suits them.

The Bronn scene was handled very sloppily. He relented so quickly and then just walks away.

Lol.

I also dont understand why Jon is still such a tragic figure. His death and rez, all of the shit he's been through, and he pretty much never wants to take any sort of power, or is reluctant of it. There are 2 episodes left, if he doesn't kill somebody and actually be like...a badass I'm chalking the entire series up to garbage.

If Arya kills Cersei it's basically a show about Arya crossing all the names off her list.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Its just shameful how money changes shit. Look how fucking good season 1 was. Let's not even think about Harrenhall or the Red Wedding or any of that, just season 1 alone was perhaps the best run of episodes in the history of television.

Then it catches fire, becomes a worldwide phenomenon, makes a ton of money and on top of that the source material runs dry. I can see why it has become a shit show.

Either way there is no excuse for how they are writing in certain story elements and lazily tying up loose ends. Uber ballista that can just totally nullify dragons....lol. They build up dragons as these magical, immensely powerful, awesome creatures but then make them trivial to serve the story when it suits them.

The Bronn scene was handled very sloppily. He relented so quickly and then just walks away.

Lol.

I also dont understand why Jon is still such a tragic figure. His death and rez, all of the shit he's been through, and he pretty much never wants to take any sort of power, or is reluctant of it. There are 2 episodes left, if he doesn't kill somebody and actually be like...a badass I'm chalking the entire series up to garbage.

If Arya kills Cersei it's basically a show about Arya crossing all the names off her list.

They’re obviously teeing him up to kill Dany. She’s starting to go psycho, she’ll raze KL and flip out on him or something and he’ll have to knife her. It’s the kind of cheesy bullshit they’ve been doing this season. Forcing certain characters into forced interactions to try to shock the audience.

Maybe I’m wrong though, I thought he’d have at least a little to do with the night kings demise but that theory didn’t pan out.