GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Kraznys mo Nakloz-
1. Buys little slave boys and cuts off their cocks.
2. Abuses them to the point of destroying their minds so they become unfeeling atamotans.
3. Talks all kind of shit in a language he thinks his buyer cant understand.
4. Cuts the nipple off one of the Unsullied to show that he won't even flinch.
5. Routinely sells this slave army to people so that they can conquer other lands.

Masters-
1. Slavers
2. Crucifies child slaves to show their 'power'
3. Refuses to peaceably change their ways

Dany-
Kills them all.

This board-
Kraznys is not a good guy.
The masters are not good people.
DaNy iS The ViLlIaN... WhAt a CuNt!!! ShE tRiEd tO mAkE pEoPle cHanGe ThEir CuLtUre! SJW!! Reeeeeeeeeeee!

The discussion was about Dany becoming a villain, not if she already was one. She didn't kill those people because they were bad. She killed them get an army. Her good acts towards innocents has just been to feed into her fanatic desire to be loved by the people as she is their rightful queen. She's a child that grew up believing she owned the world, and everyone truly loves her. Every act has been towards pursuing that, and when something gets in the way of that or pierces the delusion: "Dracarys"

It amazes me how people don't understand the fundamental aspects of characters they've been following for over two decades.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't know where this "Dany is going insane" idea is coming from. Her character has shown almost no change or growth at all. She's reckless, arrogant and childish. Always has been.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They also could be doing that 'always darkest before the dawn' redemption arc where the hero is sorely tempted to compromise their moral center but manages to rekindle their spirit or whatever at the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I don't know where this "Dany is going insane" idea is coming from. Her character has shown almost no change or growth at all. She's reckless, arrogant and childish. Always has been.

The books and show have had many themes about lineage and family traits being passed on. The whole first book came down to hair color of children giving away the paternity of the royal children. How is it so much of a stretch to question the sanity of the daughter of the Mad King?

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The books and show have had many themes about lineage and family traits being passed on. The whole first book came down to hair color of children giving away the paternity of the royal children. How is it so much of a stretch to question the sanity of the daughter of the Mad King?

It isn't. What I'm saying is this idea that she is suddenly turning into someone else... seems like a big stretch. She doesn't seem much different at all. She's gotten pissed plenty of times before. She's always been reckless, arrogant and childish and this just seems to be more of the same.

Unless you're really trying to say getting angry about your friends dying is proof she's going mad like her father...

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

From the book.

The Targaryens have always danced too close to madness. King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It isn't. What I'm saying is this idea that she is suddenly turning into someone else... seems like a big stretch. She doesn't seem much different at all. She's gotten pissed plenty of times before. She's always been reckless, arrogant and childish and this just seems to be more of the same.

Unless you're really trying to say getting angry about your friends dying is proof she's going mad like her father...
this is all down to HBO playing sinister music when Dany sees Tormund hailing Jon as a king in the great hall. they also had Varys say Dany is losing her mind. so even though Dany is still the same Dany we know and hated for 8 years who always burns shit down, now they decided she is crazy when she wants to do it this time. because white people

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

I think what people are saying is that the shitty, hamfisted show writing could be showing her going mad in a pretty dumb way very late in the story simply to match the ending that Martin 'might' have written. I'm not agreeing with it either, but given the way the show has devolved in the last season and a half I would not put it past them to shoehorn it in.

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

I think a lot of the long shots of her tortured facial expressions are supposed to show her psyche fracturing.

I don't buy the insanity angle, just saying.

Maybe Qyburn will run a Madichlorian count on her.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Somehow, despite it being very fucking clear that their armies were wiped out to the man and down to a handful of fighters literally pressed up against the walls. Winterfell was completely occupied by the wights, white walkers, and even a fucking undead dragon, yet somehow thousands of troops survived? Where?

In a normal battle this would be believable. Throughout history even experienced men tend to break at 15-20% casualties. So armies can look like they are wiped out but in reality what happened was everyone split up and ran for the hills. (And even large seas of men can look a lot "less" if they are spread out.) Real armies in history used to let men flee so they could press their objective. If they really wanted to inflict more casualties, they'd form up their calvary and start riding people down (But their infantry wouldn't usually chase, it could turn a win into a loss by splitting their lines) In history though, except for Cannae and a few other examples, even massive routes often didn't kill more than a quarter of the men.

But this was undead, I doubt they'd just let men flee. The undead in this show have always been seen to chase anything living down, even if they have to move around and split their lines--they don't get tired so its no big deal for them to chase people. It's just another example of the show not really following its own lore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
- Bran's job in the battle was to be the goat supposed to lure the tiger. He did just that.

but-why.gif

There was zero reason for the Night King to care about Bran. There was a hand waived explanation of him being the "memory of the world", but why does he need to personally kill him? Why does he need to strike the blow? What connection is there? Why not just DROWN the fucker in undead? Is he afraid Bran will annoy him with more crows?

- The Night King lieutenant did nothing, because they really had nothing to do. Why would they engage some heroes when they can just drown them in undeads

And yet the most important asset they have, the person that if they lost would SURELY mean their total destruction, engaged them instead of just drowning them in undead.

Derp. Its always bad when you can't even go a full thought without making your last thought sound retarded. Which is why people were angry. I could do this with most of your points. The shows logic is just lazy as fuck and contradictory.
- The dragons suck. That's kinda the point of the story here again. There is a theme of the re-enchantment of the world, but instead of going all high fantasy, the revived glorious past breaks its teeth against logistics and modernity.

What show are you watching? At this point the dragons have won every engagement against humans they've been in, single handedly destroying the most powerful nations of Essos, which have been shown to be more advanced than Westeros. If this was the "point" it only became one at the most convenient time when they needed the dragons gone to add tension to the final battle.

636379629384452945-AP17220666087642.jpg

Much logistics and modernity above. Again, lazy, bad writing.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
In a normal battle this would be believable. Throughout history even experienced men tend to break at 15-20% casualties. So armies can look like they are wiped out but in reality what happened was everyone split up and ran for the hills. (And even large seas of men can look a lot "less" if they are spread out.) Real armies in history used to let men flee so they could press their objective. If they really wanted to inflict more casualties, they'd form up their calvary and start riding people down (But their infantry wouldn't usually chase, it could turn a win into a loss by splitting their lines) In history though, except for Cannae and a few other examples, even massive routes often didn't kill more than a quarter of the men.

But this was undead, I doubt they'd just let men flee. The undead in this show have always been seen to chase anything living down, even if they have to move around and split their lines--they don't get tired so its no big deal for them to chase people. It's just another example of the show not really following its own lore.

Yes, in a normal battle this was a common thing and casualties were far fewer than most people assume, but as you said this wasn't a normal battle. The defenders retreated into the castle and there was nothing shown at all to suggest that anyone retreated out through the opposite side. The entire battle was shown to be a desperate last stand down to the last man to the point the NK/WW'ers just strolled into the godswood with not a sound of battle to be heard, and then the next episode we're told half the army survived without a single explanation as to how.

Are we to believe that the Unsullied broke and ran? That half the Dothraki screamers survived that charge along with their mounts? They need to give us something, anything to explain the survivors. I don't care what, just something as just hand-waving it all into existence is not only creatively bankrupt, but insulting to the viewer.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jon couldn’t even give Ghost a little goodbye pet or even a fucking nod? What an asshole.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She’s had about as much growth as Sansa. You basically have pre-mother of dragons Dany and post mother of dragons Dany

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Kraznys mo Nakloz-
1. Buys little slave boys and cuts off their cocks.
2. Abuses them to the point of destroying their minds so they become unfeeling atamotans.
3. Talks all kind of shit in a language he thinks his buyer cant understand.
4. Cuts the nipple off one of the Unsullied to show that he won't even flinch.
5. Routinely sells this slave army to people so that they can conquer other lands.

Masters-
1. Slavers
2. Crucifies child slaves to show their 'power'
3. Refuses to peaceably change their ways

Dany-
Kills them all.

This board-
Kraznys is not a good guy.
The masters are not good people.
DaNy iS The ViLlIaN... WhAt a CuNt!!! ShE tRiEd tO mAkE pEoPle cHanGe ThEir CuLtUre! SJW!! Reeeeeeeeeeee!

You realize you can kill bad people and still be a bad person yourself, right? What are you 2 years old?

First, killing bad men helps other bad men by eliminating rivals, you twat. There doesn't need to be a noble reason for it. Second, there is a temporal aspect to this. You can do good and then later do evil as context changes. Are you claiming that if someone does a good deed killing their rivals they are forever the "good guys"? So since Walter White killed some murderous meth dealers at the start of Breaking Bad, when he's poisoning children at the end he's not the villain?

You are a dumb mother fucker. God damn. Genuinely fucking retarded.

Last edited:
  • 1Like