GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Oldbased

> Than U
The Battle of Winterfell completely broke my suspension of disbelief, so the ballista shit and the invisible fleet (attacking breaks invisibility) just adds insult to injury.

Shorty after the scene (whilst watching Dani stand well within range of the guns that just killed her 'child'), I did hearken back to that +5 Cold Bow of the Giants shenanigans. It was silly then too, but forgivable (at that time). This was due to it being used by a fantasy being, and that the rest of that season (& the show in general) had been sold up to that point (my suspension of disbelief was left in tact).

Correct, from the wiki:

I guess I need to go back and read the books again, maybe once (if) Winds is release.
Even the dragon way in the back was well within range given the distance Euron took out the 2nd dragon.
What Cersei should have done was kill Dany, the last dragon and Tyrion and just archered down the remaining unsullied there. Then let Mememesiwhatever her name is help her conquer all of the sand land too.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Euron used the teleporting tech on his ships to teleport those bolts mid-flight so they could hit from a different direction.

Nah, there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll at Dragonstone.

• 2Like
  • 2Jonesing
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
httk813q00x21.jpg

• 15Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 19 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i just read an article about the conversation between the hound and sansa. jessica chastain was super pissed, yelling about the whole scene being insensitive to rape victims and that rape is not a "character building moment"

uh. listen, woman, i'm sorry that you think "rape is insensitive" but it absolutely IS a character building moment, just like every other tragedy that can befall someone.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i just read an article about the conversation between the hound and sansa. jessica chastain was super pissed, yelling about the whole scene being insensitive to rape victims and that rape is not a "character building moment"

uh. listen, woman, i'm sorry that you think "rape is insensitive" but it absolutely IS a character building moment, just like every other tragedy that can befall someone.

Especially funny as she stars in a film (Molly's game) that uses a man beating the shit out of her character as a plot point.

j00t

Especially funny as she stars in a film (Molly's game) that uses a man beating the shit out of her character as a plot point.

wait a minute... are you saying that a hollywood actor is being hypocritical?

thats-unpossible.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

You know I actually thought about that when I first saw the episode, and my first thought WAS that it was insensitive. Sansa was essentially saying 'I needed to get brutally raped to be able to sit at the big table with the other adults'.

But when I actually took two seconds to think about it more deeply, it occurred to me that it is not only a fairly common literature trope during introspection (if things had happened differently, I wouldnt be me), but it's also not an entirely uncommon coping mechanism for victims of traumatic experiences in real life.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Game of Thrones
The Last of the Starks
Season: 8
Episode: 4
Air date: 2019-05-05

Guest stars: Pilou Asbæk, Rupert Vansittart, Richard Dormer, Bella Ramsey, Anton Lesser, Richard Rycroft, Daniel Portman, Ben Crompton, Danielle Galligan, Alice Nokes, D. B. Weiss, David Benioff, Andrew McClay, Staz Nair, Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, Micheal Fitzgerald
In the wake of a costly victory, Jon and Daenerys look to the south as Tyrion eyes a compromise that could save countless lives.

Okay so how about this theory. In the last scene of episode 4 with Cersei on the wall, Cersei is already dead and that’s Arya wearing her face. She’s plotting with sansa to kill daenerys

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

You know I actually thought about that when I first saw the episode, and my first thought WAS that it was insensitive. Sansa was essentially saying 'I needed to get brutally raped to be able to sit at the big table with the other adults'.

But when I actually took two seconds to think about it more deeply, it occurred to me that it is not only a fairly common literature trope during introspection (if things had happened differently, I wouldnt be me), but it's also not an entirely uncommon coping mechanism for victims of traumatic experiences in real life.

well, also let's not ignore the fact that this has been 80% of bran's lines this season. i'm not going to argue that it's GOOD writing, but it's not like this line of thinking is out of the blue.

and yes, you're exactly correct in that it's a fairly normal coping mechanism. and honestly i didn't take the scene to be that she was THANKFUL for it, by any stretch of the imagination... but pressure is what turns worthless coal into diamonds. it's a common trope because it's extremely relatable.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

every event in your life, good, bad, wonderful or terrible contributes to your story. all of it can be used to build you character.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

Dude's - Bran is gonna warg rez the dead dragon and tranaknon the fleet... but somehow get infected by the power of the undead or the NKs touch is still on him as some kind of virus and branarama wheels himself norf to mess with tormund and his generations of gianttiddaymilkkids

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

It wasn't rape.

She consented to marriage, as part of Littlefinger's plan. Marriage in this society involves immediate consummation of the marriage.

People are dumb.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Just sad they left out the stuff about Ramsay making his wife do stuff with his dogs. That shit was something.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

It wasn't rape.

She consented to marriage, as part of Littlefinger's plan. Marriage in this society involves immediate consummation of the marriage.

People are dumb.

well... i mean i get your point, but in reality, if she DIDN'T consent, he would have killed her. which isn't really consent. let's not devolve into a "it was or wasn't rape" conversation.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
well... i mean i get your point, but in reality, if she DIDN'T consent, he would have killed her. which isn't really consent. let's not devolve into a "it was or wasn't rape" conversation.

Dude...if Mist is gonna argue that something WASN'T rape, that's a topic worth exploring. Besides, this is the thread for it.

My question is did she actually consent to the marriage to Ramsay before the Boltons had control of her? I honestly can't remember.

j00t

it's sort of a blur to me too. i just know that they have consistently shown sansa as completely passive and terrified of anyone and everyone trying to kill her at any moment as soon as ned died. she was HAPPY to be marrying joffrey right up until shit got real then she went perma-dear-in-the-headlights. right up until she married ramsey and he pushed her over the edge. she had just been waiting for everything to hit the fan and ramsey did it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Jesus this thread has like 60 pages since I last checked it 2 minutes ago. What the fuck people?

Anyways, did anyone notice the episode prior to this one was so dark it was hard to see anything?
I wish the last episode was that dark so I could miss everything that happened.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users