GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Varys rips open his robes to reveal his giant magic-fire penis and single handedly wins the battle with it while shouting "For the realm!" Dany is enraptured by it like all fire and they wed, soon after breeding a dragon-human hybrid that leads the realm to everlasting peace.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
They had to send Jaime back to kings landing. Cersei is going to try to burn the city with the green shit when she’s losing and Jaime is gonna stab her, mirroring his kingslayer history. Plus it’ll satisfy the prophecy on cersei being killed by her brother

. Those fuckers went on jimmy kimmel and acted super shifty when asked if the white walker plot line was over, so still wondering if that shit would show back up. But seems like a stretch at this point. Might be some kinda epilogue thing that will tie into one of the many planned spinoffs. (Bran becomes the new night king or something dumb)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't remember the dragonbone bow scene AT ALL...was it highly sought after because it's made of dragonbone? or because of it's combat effectiveness? like, kings were gifted golden swords all the time but you absolutely never should fight with one.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's fiction. Any way they decide to kill the dragon off is effortless. They could've just had him die in the battle of Winterfell if they simply wanted him dead. They wanted to introduce something to the plot to take away Dany's ace up her sleeve. She thought she could just fly in and roast everyone, but now that option is off the table.
In some ways, the dragon was representative of the entire northern army; battered and bruised, but on the mend and marching toward the next battle. Right when you think the dragon is healed up and ready to go, they're like "nope". Taking away that moment of relief is meant to be reflected on the army in general.
The problem isn't that Rhaegal died, it's that he died in an extremely stupid manner. It's the problem with everything these past few seasons.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no one even points out the angle of the two bolts that hit rhaegal. one comes dead center of his chest, coming from in front of him, then the second one comes from the side to pierce his neck. instead of getting pissed, dany should have pulled a deadpool and broke the 4th wall, telling the writers to try again becuase that's nonsense.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
no one even points out the angle of the two bolts that hit rhaegal. one comes dead center of his chest, coming from in front of him, then the second one comes from the side to pierce his neck. instead of getting pissed, dany should have pulled a deadpool and broke the 4th wall, telling the writers to try again becuase that's nonsense.

Euron used the teleporting tech on his ships to teleport those bolts mid-flight so they could hit from a different direction.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
h1GKD1U.png

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Cybsled

This forum playing D&D:

DM- you open the chest and find an enchanted dragon bone bow!

Player - dragon bone? What a shitty material

DM - The chest is now a mimic. It engulfs you and you die. No saving throws

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This forum playing D&D:

DM- you open the chest and find an enchanted dragon bone bow!

Player - dragon bone? What a shitty material

DM - The chest is now a mimic. It engulfs you and you die. No saving throws

What kind of description is that? How can the PC even tell it's enchanted. Is it glowing? Describe that instead of just reading the stats out aloud. What size is the bow anyways, longbow, shortbow? Is the PC even knowledgable enough to recognize dragon bone at first glance?

DMing a group isn't autopiloting them. UGH!

- this forum reacting to your DND stream.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
D&D are really just bored DM's at this point putting no effort into their creation in order to wrap shit up so they can get on to creating the next campaign, never realizing that the only quality stuff in the current campaign was copied from a fucking module.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Not True, there are "industry insiders" that said that doing these last 6 episodes were fucking crazy tight in all aspects of time and budget, ppl are citing the easily discovered starbucks cup, in 8 seasons now is the time they decide to fuck up? or were they all just that rushed for time, also the writing is shit too

Contracts maybe? Wonder if their IP license was set to expire...

Oldbased

> Than U
Jesus this thread has like 60 pages since I last checked it 2 minutes ago. What the fuck people?

Anyways, did anyone notice the episode prior to this one was so dark it was hard to see anything?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cercei also had a dozen bows ready to shoot Tyrion but somehow didn't, after sending an assassin after him not half an hour before.
Cersei has an opportunity to do to Tyrion what he did to their father and instead kills the meaningless translator. I would have forgiven this episode had they just butchered Tyrion at the wall. The only redemption left now is somehow Ghost is the only survivor and curls up on the iron throne.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't believe you guys are fine with "well, magic" as an explanation while simultaneously complaining about the physics of what is essentially just an even larger bow (maybe not you in particular). I've clearly underestimated the level of nerd logic on this board. As you were

The Battle of Winterfell completely broke my suspension of disbelief, so the ballista shit and the invisible fleet (attacking breaks invisibility) just adds insult to injury.

Shorty after the scene (whilst watching Dani stand well within range of the guns that just killed her 'child'), I did hearken back to that +5 Cold Bow of the Giants shenanigans. It was silly then too, but forgivable (at that time). This was due to it being used by a fantasy being, and that the rest of that season (& the show in general) had been sold up to that point (my suspension of disbelief was left in tact).

isn't her face all fucked up from Biter as well?

Correct, from the wiki:

At the inn at the crossroads near the Trident, Brienne encounters another group of former Brave Companions led by Rorge, who has been masquerading as Sandor while raping and murdering in the riverlands. Defending the orphans at the inn, the outnumbered Brienne kills Rorge but is grievously wounded by Biter, who chews the flesh off her cheek. After Gendry rescues her from Biter, he and the remaining members of the brotherhood without banners take her captive, along with Podrick and Hyle. Delirious from the bite, she calls out for Jaime Lannister.

I guess I need to go back and read the books again, maybe once (if) Winds is release.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Those fuckers went on jimmy kimmel and acted super shifty when asked if the white walker plot line was over, so still wondering if that shit would show back up. But seems like a stretch at this point. Might be some kinda epilogue thing that will tie into one of the many planned spinoffs. (Bran becomes the new night king or something dumb)
Cersei or Danerys the Mad wins, plunges Westeros into a reign of terror, the Starks flee north, become wildlings, Bran is the new Night's King, or something equally fucking dumb.