GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
More major male characters died than female ones in this episode? I mean which females died in this episode that were notable other than Cersei? Meanwhile you have Varys, The Mountain (if you don't consider him dead already), The Hound, Qyburn, Jaime, Euron.

He’s talking about all the women and children being raped and murdered in the street.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another couple things that sucked was half the Lannister army standing outside the wall on a flat plain. Fucking retarded. Also, where did Dany summon an entire Dothraki army from? We watched the entire army other than a few stragglers get snuffed out two episodes ago. They really fucked up and trivialized the only scene from that episode that felt like it had any weight.

Terrible.

At first I agreed like where were these Dothraki hiding?? Although then it kind of really only turned out to be not very many. Unsullied and Northmen were vast majority of the force. I guess if Jorah could have been smart enough to turn around and ride back when all the sword torches started going out in ep 3, then some dothraki could have, as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Need a good video of Drogon destroying the city while Goodbye Blue Sky plays to fulfill my fantasy.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
end the entire "Big Bad" of the entire series in one 80 minute episode.

What the writers failed to do was give a good sense of the march of the dead across Westeros. We got the scene from Last Hearth, but there needed to be more to convey the idea that the dead had already overrun a large part of the North. The way they did it, it just felt like there was a big battle at Winterfell and that's where it all happened. There needed to be a sense of a tidalwave of destruction sweeping toward them. Maybe reports of more towns being overrun, other castles being swarmed and decimated, etc. The scale felt a bit too small

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This show is now too shitty for even The CW to air, that it’s on HBO is a DISGRACE to the network.

Genuinely the worst 5 episodes of the series, and lucky for us!! They’re all in the same season.

Jamie’s arc makes no sense, but after his lol I love brienne, no hole up I love sis swircheroo last week you knew these retards had nothing better. Varys, gone like a bitch. Clegane bowl, lol gay as fuck darth Vader unmasking, loved qyburns end though. The whole thing was just eye roll after eye roll

Thank god this got popular, because after this season I’d be embarrassed to tell any of my normal friends I watched this shit. Dirty lil secret like WOW and EQ.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hey guys and Szlia Szlia at what point tonight did Drogon run into logistics and modernity? When he wiped out the ENTIRE fleet that last week a small portion of wrecked him? An ENTIRE fleet armed with the "anti dragon tech" that they prepared and essos didn't which was CLEARLY the reason they won last time? Or maybe it was when he wiped out the castle walls, and the entire lannister army and forced the very modern army fully equipped with tons of anti-dragon weapons, to surrender as they impotently saw they could do nothing to him while he barbecued half of them?

I'm just curious man.

I was trying to find where "high fantasy" was getting clowned by modernity, but man, it sure seemed tonight like high fantasy stomped modernity's dick, and spit in its face. Maybe I missed it though. Would love for it to be pointed out.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 9 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God I hope Bran gets the Iron Throne with wheels attached just for Merrith Merrith

I hope there is a Hugh Jackman cameo dressed as a Knight and he says “Who are you supposed to be? Wheels?”

The whole court laughs

Fade to black

@Screamfeeder send me my check or Venmo

Honestly if something stupid like this happens I don't think I could even suggest any of this series to anyone later on, even knowing how good the first couple seasons are. The sad part is, the actors all probably had similar disquieting thoughts doing the table read...but were convinced the "shock and surprises" would make up for the lack of any sense these decisions by the characters had.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hey guys and Szlia Szlia at what point tonight did Drogon run into logistics and modernity? When he wiped out the ENTIRE fleet that last week a small portion of wrecked him? An ENTIRE fleet armed with the "anti dragon tech" that they prepared and essos didn't which was CLEARLY the reason they won last time? Or maybe it was when he wiped out the castle walls, and the entire lannister army and forced the very modern army fully equipped with tons of anti-dragon weapons, to surrender as they impotently as they saw they could do nothing to him while he barbecued half of them?

I'm just curious man.

I was trying to find this "high fantasy" get clowned by modernity, but man, it sure seemed tonight like high fantasy stomped modernity's dick, and spit in its face. Maybe I missed it though. Would love for it to be pointed out.

If they wouldn’t have put the arrow serrations on backwards this episode they would have won.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I never, in the show or books, felt like Dany was a good person or that I was rooting for her. She was always god awful, ignorant, demanding, etc. The starks and their retinue were really the only ones that ever felt good outside of a few other random characters.

Edit: meant to tag Jive Turkey Jive Turkey

You might not like her as a person, but she was never presented as an antagonist of the story. She was clearly pitted on the side of the "good" people. Both of the series' biggest good guy heroes are on her side. Contrast that with someone like Cersei, who was clearly presented as a villain on the "bad" side

xzi

Mouthbreather
yrxez1o.png

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
At first I was worried about these guys doing a Star Wars trilogy, but now I can clearly see they know exactly how to write women characters.

• 12Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 15 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Best part of the episode was zombie mountain throwing that guy down the stairs...his head exploded.

• 2Like

Szlia

Lithose Lithose Somehow I was unable to account for the episode that had not aired! I the light of this latest episode I would say Dragons only suck when you are supposed to root for them.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah oversimplifying events to try to score points is pretty fucked up

Dude she was ultra super duper good guy, they specifically took the ambiguity out of the sack of Astapor for the show. By no stretch of the imagination was her villain turn foreshadowed until we were halfway through season 7.

And I'm FINE with a villain turn, but they should have done more to set it up going at least as far back as season 4 or 5. IIRC the one and only 'wtf' thing she did was feeding a few random nobles to her dragons as vengeance for Ser Barristan's death.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Dany has been headed in this direction for awhile. She did raise a good point about how the people fo Kings Landing, unlike the other cities she liberated, didn't really do much to take on Cersei even after she blew up the Sept of Baelor etc.

Much of this is on Bran who set all this up with blabbing to Jon. Wonder if we will see the little shit again before the end.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user