GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't read any comments about the episode yet, but holy fuck how tone deaf do you have to be to approve that ending for Cercsi? She is the true main human villain in the whole goddamn show and her end is almost sympathetic in the arms of a tragic hero that actually defies expectation by renouncing his journey for the evil woman he loves? I mean, it ruins both of their arcs for me. Feel free to disagree.

So much this. Completely destroys Jaime's entire story arc. Maybe the one time I approve of the usage of the word cuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

In all fairness he did gut Euron like a fish.

And yet, even Euron still had a "good" death in his own opinion because he was "the man who killed Jaime Lannister". I did like him killing Euron but it was like we were even robbed of that total satisfaction by Euron having fucked his love and killed him and knowing it.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Haven't read any comments about the episode yet, but holy fuck how tone deaf do you have to be to approve that ending for Cercsi? She is the true main human villain in the whole goddamn show and her end is almost sympathetic in the arms of a tragic hero that actually defies expectation by renouncing his journey for the evil woman he loves? I mean, it ruins both of their arcs for me. Feel free to disagree.

They keep trying to paint Cersei as the doting mother who did everything for her children and this is the tragic end for a woman who just loved her children. Bullshit. Cersei would’ve poisoned Joffrey her own self if that kept her in the red keep and out of fleabottom. She wasn’t unloving of her children but had she ever had to choose between a life of poverty with her three children or the queen with three dead children she’s choosing the latter.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
And yet, even Euron still had a "good" death in his own opinion because he was "the man who killed Jaime Lannister". I did like him killing Euron but it was like we were even robbed of that total satisfaction by Euron having fucked his love and killed him and knowing it.

Except Euron didn't know Jamie will end up being buried so everyone will think he died by falling castle. I'd like to think the writers knew this would be the irony but.... well..... they are the writers for the rest of this unintelligent shit.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cersei would’ve poisoned Joffrey her own self if that kept her in the red keep and out of fleabottom. She wasn’t unloving of her children but had she ever had to choose between a life of poverty with her three children or the queen with three dead children she’s choosing the latter.

Literally nothing in the books or show supports this.

• 2Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Jon Snow this entire episode:

8ubGFLt.gif

• 7Worf
  • 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Euron showing up was fucking terrible in itself. Gets blown off a boat in full armor, swims a couple miles to the exact spot and time Jaime is there. I really hate the Hollywood forced main character meet ups they’ve been doing. Terrible.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
An odd episode. I didn't hate it, but it didn't feel like Game of Thrones. The scenes of the dragon flying around the city in the distance looked really fucking cool. It was a great choice to have Cersei viewing the carnage from afar, removed from the destruction but watching her world literally crumbling around her.
I think the idea the writers are going for is that not only some of the characters, but the audience too realizes they've been rooting for bad people the entire time in Daenerys. Her entire journey from the start has been about her thirst to sit on the throne. She left piles upon piles of dead people in her wake. And all to what end? To become Queen. That isn't a noble cause. But it's been presented to us as noble and we accepted it that way. But now they've sort of flipped the perspective and left us realizing we've been siding with a tyrant the whole time. Sure, her actions are more extreme than they had been, but she has been doing fucked up shit the whole series. Now that we're seeing her as a power hungry lunatic, we can look back at her actions in previous seasons in a new light and realize "actually, that was kinda fucked up". Maybe the writers could've executed with more nuance, but I like the concept.
Would've liked Cleganbowl to be a little less "EPIC!!!!11". Felt too hollywood for my liking (yes, I know you think the last 4 seasons have felt that way, Book Reader).
Jaime and Cersei's deaths weren't satisfying. I get what they were going for, but it needed more weight. It almost felt like "and now they're dead".

Overall, decent if uneven. But it didn't feel Game of Thronesy. Episode 3 was way better

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Did everyone here hate episode 3 as well?

"Hate", no. Although I understand the "it was too dark" complaints. Again visually a lot of it looked great, extremely cool scenes like the Dothraki flames dying out, etc. Just the meat and bones...how the NK died could have been done so much better. Zero real exposition between Bran/NK...or even Melisandre outside of telegraphing Arya killing NK. Really what did Melisandre even do in that episode? Both of her fire magic shit got countered easily. No greater info/truths from her or Bran about the fight versus the NK. The Long Night ends up one big battle at Winterfell where not enough "main" characters died (yes, Jorah and Beric and Lyanna Mormont's deaths were satisfying...but some total redshirts even lived).

Also the total Jon v. NK build up turns out to be completely nothing, Night's Watch, Azor Ahai, 3 Eyed Raven...basically all pointless in the end, just needed a teenage girl to train with the Faceless Men and give her the Catspaw Dagger to end the entire "Big Bad" of the entire series in one 80 minute episode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I never, in the show or books, felt like Dany was a good person or that I was rooting for her. She was always god awful, ignorant, demanding, etc. The starks and their retinue were really the only ones that ever felt good outside of a few other random characters.

Edit: meant to tag Jive Turkey Jive Turkey

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Euron showing up was fucking terrible in itself. Gets blown off a boat in full armor, swims a couple miles to the exact spot and time Jaime is there. I really hate the Hollywood forced main character meet ups they’ve been doing. Terrible.

That whole bit was unnecessary. They could have started E6 panning around the wreckage of the city and momentarily showing his crumpled lifeless body washed up on shore.

• 2Like