GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just a side note, but one interesting aspect of the episode is Dany isn't shown after her whole seething at the bells moment. They chose to not show her during the act for whatever reason. It's possible (but highly unlikely) that she lost control of Drogon. Most likely just a creative decision to enforce the idea of her now being the antagonist though.

Oldbased

> Than U
Just a side note, but one interesting aspect of the episode is Dany isn't shown after her whole seething at the bells moment. They chose to not show her during the act for whatever reason. It's possible (but highly unlikely) that she lost control of Drogon. Most likely just a creative decision to enforce the idea of her now being the antagonist though.
That poor bell. It has been through a lot. No wonder they get all cracked.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
because it was happening WHILE A DRAGON WAS BURNING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT
Well most sacking of cities involves people lighting random shit on fire in buildings that are packed together made of very flamable wood. I am not sure there is a ton of difference between raping a woman when half the city around you is burning due to dumb asses with torches or via dragon fire.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
That was the kid that was poisoning danny's food ....but the bitch was too crazy to eat.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All the more reason.

BTW What was the point of the scene with Varys and the kid?
My guess is it was to show they were being watched, him included. He knew his fate and was trying to rush some stuff out last minute before he died. I mean, he heard them coming and took off his rings and burned his paper, he knew his time was up.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You guys might have missed it but he was sending out ravens to other houses/whoever explaining about Jon. And yeah, the girl was going to poison Dany.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That was the kid that was poisoning danny's food ....but the bitch was too crazy to eat.

Good catch. I took the scene to just be the kid spying, but Varys trying to kill her would have fit him being executed much more than him just talking about Jon being a better leader. I feel like something got lost in editing, or poor writing struck again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
You guys might have missed it but he was sending out ravens to other houses/whoever explaining about Jon. And yeah, the girl was going to poison Dany.
Can we take a moment and say thanks to Bran. Rain, sleet, dragonfire and snow. He makes sure all the ravens are delivered on time. He is the literal Postal Service.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why do so many people in this thread insist on using "real world history" to justify shitty writing? This isn't the real world, it's a high fantasy story world, where the story is inconsistent, the points don't matter, and the rules are made up.

"Hey I know this shit that just happened doesn't really make sense given the story we've seen up until this point, but let me remind you about my non-existent expertise on ancient Rome and Greece! I'm also kind of a big deal in the world of ancient armor and sharp pokey stuff"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"Game Of Thrones" Season 8, Episode 5 Was Really, Really Bad And People Are Upset

It seems like a lot of people are really angry that this didn't turn out like the fairytale they wanted it to be. I'm not saying the writing is stellar by any means, but it seems clear that people saw what they wanted to see with respect to Dany's character.

Or they saw what the writers put on screen and listened to what the writers straight up lied about in post episode interviews.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
  • 3Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess if you look at it as being on a higher shit tier than everything else in the episode then I get your point but that's not a high bar.

They kept showing Arya to illustrate how Dany was murdering innocents instead of just actually having the character try to explain out what she was doing since they can't as it's retarded. I'm sure we'll get gif's of it tomorrow but the writers said the Red Keep itself made her go crazy....

I know why they were showing Arya, I just thought they could have done all that after the fight was over and not keep jumping back and forth during. I know it's popular to just say it's all shit tier, but most people were at least somewhat satisfied with Cleganebowl and a few other scenes last night. I haven't heard anyone claim the episode was "good" as a whole, but not everything was just complete shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sansa might as well not even exist in the show tihs season. She hasn't done anything meaningful

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
@Ravishing not saying it was you, in fact I don't know who was even saying it. But if you've read them, you know well enough that the people saying it didn't come up with it on their own.
Why don't you stop, so you don't end up ruining it for everyone by outing some ass?

Last edited:
  • 3Like