GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can't find the clip but I know 100% I saw Varys' little slave girl-whatever walking into King's Landing when all the peasants were trying to get in. I figured it was intentional, and yeah the theories of her going in to poison Dany are pretty good.

Unless they just ran out of extras and needed another small peasant girl for the screen. Who the fuck knows at this point.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sansa might as well not even exist in the show tihs season. She hasn't done anything meaningful

sure she has. she told tyrion he's being stupid, told him he's not a fighter and should stop trying to win everything because he's really not all that, and then used him to spread information that would piss off dany.

i mean, i don't know if i'm ENJOYING what she's doing, but she's definitely putting doing something.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Take a 3D tour of the massive King’s Landing set

They really did a great job with the filming of this episode in terms of making use of that set to really convey a lot going on. Its certainly not a small set but its far smaller than you might think from how much it was used. Impressive also that there were relatively few leaks from the set given the large number of stampeding extras they had for BBQ purposes.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
All the more reason.

BTW What was the point of the scene with Varys and the kid?

I think he was trying to get her to poison Danny. She worked in the kitchen and was paranoid the guards were onto her. She said Danny would not eat and he told her to wait and see if she eats dinner and try again or something. And taking the greatest risks give the greatest rewards. etc

He was straight up trying to off Danny at that point.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
9h4x6apenyx21.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I know why they were showing Arya, I just thought they could have done all that after the fight was over and not keep jumping back and forth during. I know it's popular to just say it's all shit tier, but most people were at least somewhat satisfied with Cleganebowl and a few other scenes last night. I haven't heard anyone claim the episode was "good" as a whole, but not everything was just complete shit.

It's fan service in that they fought because what happened in the fight didn't matter at all. The battle was already lost. It was pointless aside from getting to see it.

• 1Like

Szlia

Can't find the clip but I know 100% I saw Varys' little slave girl-whatever walking into King's Landing when all the peasants were trying to get in. I figured it was intentional, and yeah the theories of her going in to poison Dany are pretty good.

Unless they just ran out of extras and needed another small peasant girl for the screen. Who the fuck knows at this point.
I think it's just a case of a little girl looking like another little girl. The one at king's landing was the one with the toy horse and we followed her and her mother a fair bit through the episode.

• 1Like

Caliane

The problem is, she had a hard ass streak in her, yes. But it never won out and made her erratic. You can say "but this time she lost X and Y important people and it made her upset"...But the issue is, Dany has been LOWER than this before. She's watched the love of her life die, been left to wander the desert only to watch 2 of the 3 blood brothers she has die, and then she was betrayed by her closest advisor and had her dragons stolen. She still went on and showed a lot of reserve when sacing the next city.

So yeah, she's always had a hardened response, sure. But its always been very very controlled, even when she's lost more than she lost the past couple of weeks. So it just seems odd that she lost control and went nuts here, if this was a trait within her, there were other situations we should have seen it in. But we didn't. We saw the hint of it, but her control and reserve always won out. And frankly it just feels silly. If they wanted this build up to be better, they should have let her off the leash before a couple times, and then slowly wound her back down, rather than her being able to assert control over this side of herself.

Yeah, a bunch of times in the shows she's hinted at the fact that she can be very violent, she has a taste for it. But she's never really lost control before. Her response has always been proportionate, even at her lowest. This all would have worked if she had lost control before in lesser ways and killed some innocents from time tot time, not enough to make her a monster but enough to get people to remember she can lose control.

Because that's the thing--its not the fact that she has this sadistic, violent streak in her...its the fact that she clearly lost control and Dany has always been good about controlling that side of herself.
but she has, in the very beginning even. Like, everyone is"oh she freed slaves!" Yeah, but also burned alive the slave women, that killed her master, just because that "master" was Dany's rapist husband. She murdered the witch, slowly and painfully intentionally. Dany is great for freeing slaves.. when they are someone elses slaves. The Dothraki are slavers, rapists, and pillagers, thats why they DO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
but she has, in the very beginning even. Like, everyone is"oh she freed slaves!" Yeah, but also burned alive the slave women, that killed her master, just because that "master" was Dany's rapist husband. She murdered the witch, slowly and painfully intentionally.

The lady turned her fucking baby into a demon inside of her and made her barren for the rest of her life.

But sure, Dany taking revenge for someone destroying her life, poisoning her husband, killing her baby in the most horrific way possible and making her barren is foreshadowing genocide of civilians who already surrendered. Because that lady was "innocent", just like the civilians! Makes sense.

Dany is great for freeing slaves.. when they are someone elses slaves. The Dothraki are slavers, rapists, and pillagers, thats why they DO.

Dany literally freed these slaves from the Dothraki, that's why Drogo was injured.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed the Clegagne bowl and thought it was a good fight.

I was a bit disaapointed it did not mean anything however.. No moiuntain protecting the queen, no Hound protecting Arya to give her that shot at a death blow.....it just did not matter who won. If one killed the other they both would die anyway from collapse.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I enjoyed the Clegagne bowl and thought it was a good fight.

I was a bit disaapointed it did not mean anything however.. No moiuntain protecting the queen, no Hound protecting Arya to give her that shot at a death blow.....it just did not matter who won. If one killed the other they both would die anyway from collapse.
Their conflict never meant anything. He burned the Hound to be a dick. He nearly chopped his head off during the jousting shit. It was always about two brothers that hated eachother and nothing else mattered.

I was glad that Arya and the Hound had a moment at the end. It showed some humanity which he rarely shows.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The best thing about having watched GoT is coming here and reading the comments.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Fucked up when the memes about this dumpster fire of a show are more entertaining than anything else.

• 3Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is the frozen tears of all the people watching as their favorite mental fanfic gets gutted onscreen.

• 1Like