GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Think of it as an advanced magical plasma beam that is so intense that it just happens to ignite the oxygen in the air around it so it looks like he's "breathing fire" AKA Godzilla Physics

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have loved this season so far. Last night was great.

Seeing Aaron Rodgers in the Golden Company was hilarious. Especially when he got killed by a man from the north :p

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Dany wasn't the only one who went crazy. Apparently all of her troops were murderous savages who were somehow being held at bay by... stuff? You can make an argument for the Dothraki to immediately go off and mutilate everyone in sight as soon as Dany goes on her rampage but all her other troops immediately killing women and children, and even raping them? Where the fuck did that come from?

Honestly that is the only part that made sense to me. They have been through some shit and finally they have achieved what they set out of achieve, once there they go nuts. It was par for the course throughout history, why not in the show.

• 1Solidarity

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Were they going for Thanos style villain in Danny with this? I'm thinking about the justification she gives about mercy for future generations. Just random slaughter, turning them to ash.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Would of been great if they had Sheeran getting melted.

One thing that I wish they explained better is why Jon and Dany couldn't just rule this shit together.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

One thing that I wish they explained better is why Jon and Dany couldn't just rule this shit together.

I was glad that they at least brought it up, even if it was immediately dismissed out of hand.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Honestly that is the only part that made sense to me. They have been through some shit and finally they have achieved what they set out of achieve, once there they go nuts. It was par for the course throughout history, why not in the show.

Well yeah, once they achieve it - maybe that guy was really excited, but dropping your pants for a quick raping when the enemy are like 6ft away and your own air support is firebombing the city you are in seems a little on the risky side.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I want to bitch about the undead dragon blowing down 1.21 gigatons of icewall in one episode and then jon snow hiding behind a rock 12 ft away successfully later.

• 9Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Oldbased

> Than U

There you go thinking a Queen needs a King or a King needs a Queen. Why not Queen Queen or Kueen or a Qing? You silly ciswhitewalker you.

As for spoilers, I don't think I posted anything, I mostly bitch about what is aired but one person stuck out to me with predictions to BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB REDY! that was like yah, so you read reddit. u cooo but I just assumed most have at this point so they didn't have to wait another week before slicing their arms with razors and using a belt to Williams themselves after wasting a decade being tossed out of a tower window.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ravishing Ravishing not saying it was you, in fact I don't know who was even saying it. But if you've read them, you know well enough that the people saying it didn't come up with it on their own.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to bitch about the undead dragon blowing down 1.21 gigatons of icewall in one episode and then jon snow hiding behind a rock 12 ft away successfully later.

Maybe having a big chunk of his throat torn out negatively impacted his ability to focus the destructive power of his breath.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
But you calling it out kind of is a spoiler too... For those who don't know, it's just more theorizing.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
They could have showed how Dany didn't see sailing ships that have a max speed of roughly 11 MPH in GOOD conditions can maneuver out from behind a cliff face, aim and fire before Dany or any of their scouts see them? I mean, they could have shot the scene with the ships hiding behind the cliff face and the ships waiting for the dragons to fly by, and that would have still been lazy but at least more believable, because those lumbering ships didn't need to roll out and take aim. But they did, they specifically show the ships moving...thus now we have to ask "how the hell did Dany not see these ships moving into position"...Even if you can claim they were lying in wait...how?

What's worse, they actually pan away in the direction the bolts came from after Rhaegal is shot, and there's no line of sight to anything except the island - which is over 2 miles away.

Not to mention the direction the bolts came from - that was serious grassy knoll shit - the first one comes in front from direction of flight, the second one at a 45 degree angle, and the third one perpendicular to the line of flight of the first one.

It's all unnecessary anyway - your scenario would have worked as perfectly fine. Shit even seeing them, deciding to toast them and having Rhaegal fail to dodge because one of his wings is shredded would have been fine ( and more consistent with the last ep too ).

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The writing has become so bad that I'm surprised they didn't have a scene where unsullied were trying to rape women, having forgot about their lack of cocks.

It's not bad writing, in fact this episode was for sure from GRRMs notes.

He always talked about the scouring of the Shire from lotr being something he wanted to do and this is what we just saw.

Your honorable northern army? Shits got rapists and murderers because every army has.

Your skilled and dependable unsullied? They follow their queens orders unquestionably not Jon snows.

The brother versus brother fight to the death? How about you both just get lit on fire and die.

Arya ninja assassin? Can't do shit versus dragon nukes GTFO.

If the books come out this is how it will go down. Complain about HOW it got there sure the writers of this show are shitty, but don't fall into the trap that da norf=good guys.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
But you calling it out kind of is a spoiler too... For those who don't know, it's just more theorizing.
Really not much to spoil at this point. No one gives a fuck about the 7 kingdoms anymore with so many character arcs demolished and most would trade that info for 2 chickens on a bad day.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
Whats hilarious is the more you think about it, the more season 8 is a totally anti feminist season.

- Dany goes insane because Jon rejects her. This isn't a theory or anything, the writers literally say that in the post episode behind the scenes stream. Basically Hell Hath no Fury like a woman scorned. LOL. A fantastic reason to never give women power it would seem, they can go nuts due to hormones and burn entire cities on a whim. Imagine if Dany was on her period!

- Cersei does a lot of bad shit but its always in defense of her kids. Then she learns she can hold and wield power for herself and not listen to anyone else. Here she just kinda dies like a retard with no plans, but at least she has the man she loves holding her. If you don't have the man you love with you, you ain't shit as a woman!

- Brienne of Tarth, the fiercest and strongest woman on the show whose always had a bedrock of true morality and strength, had her final scene be crying sloppy as the man she has loved for years rejects her for his sister (LOL) and ride away. Women, you have to suck that dick a lot harder to keep your man especially if he's been dating his blonde sister.

- the only thing civilian women in a city can do is protect children or get raped

- Arya, a few feet away from one of her goals for 8 years, gets told by a man that its not worth it and so she immediately turns around and runs around in a city scared and hiding, never once drawing a sword.

I mean kudos to D&D for writing this and getting away with it, I don't know how this all got pass the feminist bosses of HBO in 2019 or how the social media storm isn't raking them over the coals.

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The only satisfying ending left would be davos killing dany. He's the only advisor left that both has the will, character motivation and opportunity to do it being still trusted. Other than that, dany should just win as a comically stupid and evil ruler.

Seeing as these two outcomes are the only ones even a bit logically justified at this point, I expect something else to happen.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
At the end of the show we will see whoeever ends up on the Throne (Tyrion) peel off his face and it ends up being Faceless Littlefinger.
At the end of the show Tyrion is going to forsake the throne and go setup a whorehouse down the street.

It turns out the theme of this show is that character arcs aren't real, people don't really change, the world doesn't really change, the chairs and players just get re-arranged. Which is actually what I predicted from book 1.

• 1Salty