GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally caught up with the last three weeks as I wasn't around to watch, but I'm a few dozen pages behind.

Lots of bitching about Cersei being awful, but I swear after reading books 4 and 5 she had a lot of redemption (after we got some Cersei chapters). Maybe people are just attributing her being a cunt to how the show turned her into Darth Cersei?

I could buy that people just ignore the books, but everyone is also doing the same thing with Jaime. His redemption arc in the books was much stronger. The TV show version doesn't feel as wasted as it would if you only watched the show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
on the surface, i expected cersei to execute her too, but not because it was a smart move. there was NOOOO strategic reason to execute her. i mean, if we do a thought exercise to try to ascertain cersei's motivation in doing so, it basically just pans out to cersei being angry, short-sighted and vindictive. those are characteristics that cersei has shown in the past but not nearly to such an incoherent degree.

cersei wants to kill miss sunday to draw dany into a rage, showing everyone that dany IS the mad queen. based on her actions in this season, cersei WANTS dany to burn down king's landing.

why would she ACTUALLY WANT that? i mean i get that cersei is selfish and doesn't really care about her subjects, and actively spurns them (especially after the whole "shame walk") but even cersei knows that you can't rule without someone to rule over.
they kept using that B roll footage of cersei staring out of the castle so you cant really get a read on what she was thinking because her expression never changed. but i guess the emotion WE, the viewing audience was supposed to feel, was she was in utter shock at Dany nuking the entire place to rubble and ash. she had just watched episode 4 and assumed that her scorpion Patriot missiles would blast Dany out of the sky, but that was a different director so she got the stormtrooper aim director and those things were as useful as Greyworm in a whorehouse. it was hot garbage if you wanted some kind of narrative out o that scene.
Was the big blonde lesbian in this last episode? did she storm kings landing with dany?
Blondy likes the D from Lefty Lannister, and she didnt leave WF because she probably thought Lefty would show back up with more of the same.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Bearing in mind I havent seen the episode yet, just youtube clips, he specifically brought up that he was worried about her because she wasnt eating, which ties in perfectly with not trying to poison her.
If I intend to kill someone by poisoning their food, I'm pretty sure I would be worried about whether or not they were eating.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
If I intend to kill someone by poisoning their food, I'm pretty sure I would be worried about whether or not they were eating.
Sure, but how does that differ from being actually worried she wasnt eating because its bad for her health.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
This. The *words* foreshadowing her descent into madness and pyromania have always been there, but her actions have rarely backed them up. In some cases she's acted a bit brutally, but certainly not out of character for the setting, or "crazy".

They just had to spend more time showing her anguish and descent into madness. Her weeping over her dead dragon with some flashbacks about her brother, or daydreams of killing Cersei. there were limitless possibilities to build up to it.

But then again, maybe the writers wanted it to be a "surprise", and confused *surprise* with nonsensical.

instead they decided it was better to shove in crap like giant's milk or bronn crossbow scenes, instead of building on the really important characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's subtle but there. You could take it as "Hey you need to feed the queen. Try again tonight." But that doesn't jive well with the "I think they're on to me" message. Varys was trying to off Danaerys. And that makes his death pretty baller overall. Especially him taking his rings off and burning the message; dude knew the jig was up, and went willingly.

Ser Friendzone's death was pretty decent, but Varys sold it and it was a pretty decent end to the character. Even if it didn't resolve some story issues, etc.

Kind of unlike at all how Jaime and Cersei bit it. That was kind of "Well I guess it shows how none of this shit matters" to some degree. But really drove home that this series was written to fast forward to the end and just be spectacle for this season.

• 3Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Sure, but how does that differ from being actually worried she wasnt eating because its bad for her health.

Because the girl also was worried that she was being watched. And she was told that from the greatest sacrifices come the greatest rewards. Why would she be worried about being watched if she was just concerned about Dany's nutritional intake? And the guy all but straight up told Tyrion he was going to try to assassinate her in the previous episode

Anyone still arguing that Varys wasn't trying to poison her is fucking retarded and is disqualified from complaining about any of the writing

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because the girl also was worried that she was being watched. And she was told that from the greatest sacrifices come the greatest rewards. Why would she be worried about being watched if she was just concerned about Dany's nutritional intake? And the guy all but straight up told Tyrion he was going to try to assassinate her in the previous episode

Anyone still arguing that Varys wasn't trying to poison her is fucking retarded and is disqualified from complaining about any of the writing
You sound very invested in this horrible writing.

• 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Regarding the tech derail. This is a video of teenagers reacting to windows 95. Go on, tell me we haven't innovated and tech hasn't changed.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Regarding the tech derail. This is a video of teenagers reacting to windows 95. Go on, tell me we haven't innovated and tech hasn't changed.

Incoming Chuk to say the original post said ten years and 95 was 24 years ago. You fucked up pal.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Where in the mother of the fuck are all of these unsullied coming from?

Do they reproduce themselves via mitosis? If so, are they still eunuchs? WTF!
Image result for luke drinking milk gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
instead they decided it was better to shove in crap like giant's milk or bronn crossbow scenes, instead of building on the really important characters.
I think Bronn will have a significant part in the final episode. He's carrying Chekhov's Crossbow after all.

• 1Mother of God