GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My irony meter just exploded

0670a5aaceb2b1a24fd4794291493990.jpg
Anyone still arguing that Varys wasn't trying to poison her is fucking retarded and is disqualified from complaining about any of the writing
"anyone who doesnt agree with me is retarded!"
-jive Turkey

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
"anyone who doesnt agree with me is retarded!"
-jive Turkey

More like "anyone who can't even pick up on obvious plot points, yet constantly bitches about the writing, is retarded"

And really, everything you've posted about the show and the tech derail over the past several threads has been embarrassingly dumb. I understand your reputation now

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
More like "anyone who can't even pick up on obvious plot points, yet constantly bitches about the writing, is retarded"

And really, everything you've posted about the show and the tech derail over the past several threads has been embarrassingly dumb. I understand your reputation now
check and mate

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
probably already posted but those rumors of book 6 & 7 being already done are confirmed fake (like... duh)
I will, however, say for the record — no, THE WINDS OF WINTER and A DREAM OF SPRING are not finished. DREAM is not even begun; I am not going to start writing volume seven until I finish volume six
What are the odds that with how poorly received this ending has been, he just decides to never finish? I feel like pretty high.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
how many fat 70 year olds do you see? none. dude's gonna keel over in the next few years for sure. i don't care, the world he built was interesting and he (and D&D to be fair) kickstarted this whole "dark, adult fantasy/scifi CAN work on TV and pull in more numbers than a Kim Kardashian sex video" so I will never be mad at GoT or him for bringing us great shit like The Expanse, Lucifer, Good Omens, Witcher, Lord of the Rings, His Dark Materials, Ringworld, Kingkiller, Shadow and Bone, etc.

Also I'm glad he got to enjoy his success in his life, so many people who make genuinely new and interesting stuff end up dying before the world recognizes their stuff. I hope he secretly is doing tons of drugs and hookers, maybe he and Stan Lee would have raging parties and they'd murder all the hookers after to keep their secrets.

Every big streaming service is now chasing Game of Thrones audience numbers and it proved it can be successful, pre Game of Thrones execs would just dismiss us all as niche fans not worth pursuing (aka The SyFy network, Fox)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What are the odds that with how poorly received this ending has been, he just decides to never finish? I feel like pretty high.
GRRM is already on record hedging his bets to the effect, well the end is how i intended, but now how i would gone about it. he's still wants to sell his stuff and there is a lot to milk from this franchise so i expect him to cover his ass and make excuses right up until he passes away.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
GRRM is already on record hedging his bets to the effect, well the end is how i intended, but now how i would gone about it. he's still wants to sell his stuff and there is a lot to milk from this franchise so i expect him to cover his ass and make excuses right up until he passes away.

He won't finish. A. He has made plenty of money off this. He isn't a Rockstar who buys expensive shit. B. He won't live long enough.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
how many fat 70 year olds do you see? none. dude's gonna keel over in the next few years for sure. i don't care, the world he built was interesting and he (and D&D to be fair) kickstarted this whole "dark, adult fantasy/scifi CAN work on TV and pull in more numbers than a Kim Kardashian sex video" so I will never be mad at GoT or him for bringing us great shit like The Expanse, Lucifer, Good Omens, Witcher, Lord of the Rings, His Dark Materials, Ringworld, Kingkiller, Shadow and Bone, etc.

Also I'm glad he got to enjoy his success in his life, so many people who make genuinely new and interesting stuff end up dying before the world recognizes their stuff. I hope he secretly is doing tons of drugs and hookers, maybe he and Stan Lee would have raging parties and they'd murder all the hookers after to keep their secrets.

Every big streaming service is now chasing Game of Thrones audience numbers and it proved it can be successful, pre Game of Thrones execs would just dismiss us all as niche fans not worth pursuing (aka The SyFy network, Fox)
Ironically, we've been saying this since the ADwD release and the first season started. Somehow he's done the impossible and survived until the conclusion of the story.

And he's seen how poorly it's been received. Even if he had both of the final books completed, my bet would be he'd say fuck it and not ever release them. Better to just fall back on the "I wouldn't have done it this way" without ever having to prove it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just a thought I had about the spoiler, assuming it's true:

If Bran really becomes king, he knew beforehand. And essentially purposefully killed all those people in Kings Landing so he could become so. Probably makes him the most evil character in the whole thing, no?

You can say that the deaths in the defense of mankind at Winterfell may have been necessary, and all the events leading up to it (the Hodor picture above made me think this). But everything after? That's all on him.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

If Bran really becomes king, he knew beforehand. And essentially purposefully killed all those people in Kings Landing so he could become so. Probably makes him the most evil character in the whole thing, no?

You can say that the deaths in the defense of mankind at Winterfell may have been necessary, and all the events leading up to it (the Hodor picture above made me think this). But everything after? That's all on him.

If the spoiler turns out to be true, then what you describe was unavoidable. There is nothing he could do to stop what was about to happen.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for EA to release the DLC that fixes this season.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Not following your logic. Not only is his ability to see the future not as precise as seeing the past, but what could he have even done to prevent it?

Still think it's absolutely retarded for him to end up on the throne

Szlia

I don't understand why people read what happened as Danny becoming mad. The fact that she burns Kings Landing after saying months earlier that she does not want to burn Kings Landing does not make her mad. I would go as far as saying she did not change her mind on the subject: she did not want to burn Kings Landing, but she had to. Her one and only goal is to sit on the Iron Throne and reign. When the bells toll, she has not won, she has lost. No one loves her, no one fears her, everyone love Jon and soon everyone through the 7 Kingdoms will know he has a better claim to the Iron Throne than her. No matter what Jon does, it makes her reign basically impossible, or, at best, for show only, because slowly asserting her authority through peace time politics is something for which she is ill equipped. So, her one shot to reign is to be feared. It's not a very good shot, because she will instantly lose many of her allies and get many enemies, but it's a situation she probably can navigate better.

Now, I guess that following a logic that leads to an indiscriminate slaughter could be characterized as a symptom of madness, but it's not what people have been saying.....

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The slaughter of many thousands of innocents because you just won a war, but you're insecure and your nephew doesn't want to fuck you anymore is completely normal and rational behavior

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users