GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
they need to resolve the sacking of winterfell and reveal the identity of the torturer before season's end. that mystery can't go on till next season, that's too much.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
WThe one thing that struck me was Tywin. It was a great scene, him calling Jeoffrey a twat without using the words, I found it odd that Tywin seems to be making no effort into making Jeoffrey less of a twat. The one time the little shit is showing any kind of interest in ruling the kingdom, instead of saying "Ok, here's something you can learn" he tells him to fuck off. Which, while entertaining for us at home, seems like a bad long term plan.
The issue for Tywin is that he has never intended to be "The Hand of the King". He has always wanted to be the puppet behind the strings; there were many things said in the books about how others could not believe that the Kingsguard listened to Joff - being young and stupid and all. With Tywin there, NO ONE listens to Joffrey, and that was shown a few times in the books, one time in fact that Joff was bodily removed from the war room and given milk of the poppy or dreamwine or something.

My memory is fuzzy on some of these books, but I want to say Tywin already relatively thinks Joffrey is ruined - he has no intention of giving any modicum of authority back to joff, and made sure that he knew it. Him saying he will have Joff at the meetings if *he* thinks it is necessary for him to be there, was sort of a indication on just where he thinks Joff stands. At the very, very bottom.

Cersei didn't have the kind of reputation or air her father does - I always got the impression that he never thought Joffrey was able to be saved, just that he was able to entirely circumvent him as a King to begin with.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
i wouldn't know, i never got into Lost. sounded like a turrible gilligan's island/x-flies mishmash.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The issue for Tywin is that he has never intended to be "The Hand of the King". He has always wanted to be the puppet behind the strings; there were many things said in the books about how others could not believe that the Kingsguard listened to Joff - being young and stupid and all. With Tywin there, NO ONE listens to Joffrey, and that was shown a few times in the books, one time in fact that Joff was bodily removed from the war room and given milk of the poppy or dreamwine or something.

My memory is fuzzy on some of these books, but I want to say Tywin already relatively thinks Joffrey is ruined - he has no intention of giving any modicum of authority back to joff, and made sure that he knew it. Him saying he will have Joff at the meetings if *he* thinks it is necessary for him to be there, was sort of a indication on just where he thinks Joff stands. At the very, very bottom.

Cersei didn't have the kind of reputation or air her father does - I always got the impression that he never thought Joffrey was able to be saved, just that he was able to entirely circumvent him as a King to begin with.
Sure, but the 60-something year old circumventing his 13 year old grandson isn't going to last long. It just seems like a bad long term plan for someone who normally seems so concerned about long term planning and Legacy.

iannis

Musty Nester
As for that my guess would be that he's probably planning on getting Jaime back and leaving him a couple of books titled "this is what you fucking do after I'm dead, you little shit".

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sure, but the 60-something year old circumventing his 13 year old grandson isn't going to last long. It just seems like a bad long term plan for someone who normally seems so concerned about long term planning and Legacy.
Meh, he's not planning to die in the next few weeks/months. Right now he's finishing up the war and setting the realm right and can't be assed to babysit the brat. Especially when Joffrey's got plenty of distractions and his small council request shit isn't something he actually wants to do, he just thinks he SHOULD. So Tywin keeps the little fucker cowed until he can get everything set right, then takes him under his wing. Gotta prioritize your time and training Joffrey is gonna be a big project.

khalid

Unelected Mod
You are talking about the guy that managed to get Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion to fear him. I don't think Joffrey will give him any trouble when shit settles down.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Meh, he's not planning to die in the next few weeks/months. Right now he's finishing up the war and setting the realm right and can't be assed to babysit the brat. Especially when Joffrey's got plenty of distractions and his small council request shit isn't something he actually wants to do, he just thinks he SHOULD. So Tywin keeps the little fucker cowed until he can get everything set right, then takes him under his wing. Gotta prioritize your time and training Joffrey is gonna be a big project.
Thats probably fair enough. I just thought it stuck out that everyone kind of woke up one day, realized Joffrey was a worthless twat and then gave up on him with no real plan on how to "fix the problem".

Though... how one "fixes the problem" of "Cersei pooped out an extra retard incest sociopath baby then raised him to be a spoiled cunt and he is now our tweenage king" other than shooting him in the face, I'm not sure.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Thats probably fair enough. I just thought it stuck out that everyone kind of woke up one day, realized Joffrey was a worthless twat and then gave up on him with no real plan on how to "fix the problem".

Though... how one "fixes the problem" of "Cersei pooped out an extra retard incest sociopath baby then raised him to be a spoiled cunt and he is now our tweenage king" other than shooting him in the face, I'm not sure.
Sir, we know how one fixes it.

An extra potent jolly rancher in one's koolaid apparently does the trick.

I kid, but that was essentially the reason he was killed. After they talked to Sansa, and after Margaery had a chance to dick around with him, even the Tyrells realized there was no rehabilitation for the asshole and down he went, in favor of his brother Tommen, who was sweet and not yet ruined by his mother.

Edit: Also wanted to add, I don't freaking understand how someone goes from being tortured, starved, denied water and sleep to just being totally fine with getting banged. I mean, cut me loose and I'll be trying to gtfo. We can assume quite a bit of Theon's head being fucked with, but I just have a hard time seeing how that happens.

Didn't make that scene any less crazy though heh. The people who cast these characters are fucking geniuses man.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I need a quick reminder of who Boltons were.
Boltons are one of the sworn houses of the North, Lord Roose Bolton presiding. Roose was the guy who was talking to Jamie in the last episode, the boss of the guy who cut off Jamie's hand. In season 2 he told Robb that he would send his bastard up to the North to help with Winterfell.

Siliconemelons

Boltons are one of the sworn houses of the North, Lord Roose Bolton presiding. Roose was the guy who was talking to Jamie in the last episode, the boss of the guy who cut off Jamie's hand. In season 2 he told Robb that he would send his bastard up to the North to help with Winterfell.
And he is seriously fucking Robb... at first when the sacking happend and shit I was like "his bastard is out of controll" well to me it seems like so is he...and some odd plan for the boltons to go to team gay...i mean lannister

I am waiting for Johns party to run into Brann and attack their little party and almost kill them all till he is like "oh snap no!"

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The whole time Theon was laying on the cot I was wondering why he didn't get up and try to get the fuck out of there. I would have assumed he was too weak to stand, but he seemed to have no trouble standing after Ramses came in with the horn.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I think he kinda knew already he was getting fucked with. He was saying "where is he?" constantly, figuring Ramsay was going to pop out at any second for a surprise, and sure enough.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Thats the way Ramsay breaks him, conditions him that every little positive thing is actually an opportunity to get tortured, and so he willingly refuses everything and does anything he can to avoid anything positive.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, when the fuck did people start calling Joffrey's wedding the "Purple wedding" ? That shit is gay as fuck. Been reading and posting about the books for a very long time and only seen it referred to by that super faggy name in the last week or two.
I'm glad you said something. I thought that's what everyone was talking about, but I had no idea why anyone was calling it the Purple Wedding. Gay.

Melisandre's warping is kind of opening up a bit of a plot hole. She's travelling the world incredibly fast all of the sudden, and when it's going to take these other characters weeks to months to travel between places that are relatively close, it won't make any damn sense.