GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People were starting to theorize that Jon himself was The Song of Ice and Fire (a poetic way to describe union of the Starks and Targaryians) at least as far back as the early 2000s with all kinds of guesses about the implications of such a thing. I legitimately feel bad for anyone that picked up book one in 1996.

"It kinda doesn't amount to much of anything" was a guess no one made.
lol we dont have to feel bad for them, what about us Dark Tower people? first book came out in 81 and we waited 23 years for the end of the story and it was in doubt we would ever get it finished because King stupidly almost got his ass killed. then when it did get finished, it was the dumbest thing ever. i think it would have been better unfinished.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I had very low expectations and came out disappointed.

Dany spent the entire series liberating the weak, then goes batshit and torches them. Jon spent the entire 8 seasons being honorable, only to assassinate his queen / aunt?

Everyone, including that ironborn bitch, votes for captain wheelchair? She agrees to be ruled by him, while his own sister refuses?

Arya the faceless assassin goes Marco Polo?

Those aren't plot twists, they are shit writing. All in all it is pretty amazing how they managed to take years of character building and dumpster it all in a few episodes.

Guess I won't be buying the DVD box.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Jon should've took one for the team and fuck his aunt.
So true. And the thing is, she's an Aunt he never met until recently, and she's not older, and they have no family situations where being together would be awkward. Thats without even going into the fact that incest was 100% normal by custom for Targaryans, the people who had ruled the 7 kingdoms for centuries.

Why exactly is Jon so shocked about boning his Aunt again?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still pissed the white walkers were wrapped up in 1 episode.
The whole thing was a dumpster fire. I was good through Ep2, thought the final 4 would be epic, wow. So incredibly wrong. Ep2 is like my favorite episode this season as long as I tell myself nothing after ever happened.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So true. And the thing is, she's an Aunt he never met until recently, and she's not older, and they have no family situations where being together would be awkward. Thats without even going into the fact that incest was 100% normal by custom for Targaryans, the people who had ruled the 7 kingdoms for centuries.

cuz he wasn't raised as an incestual degenerate, he was raised as a northman by Ned Stark, the most honorable man he knows, and the only thing he has dones that sullied his name was bore him(jon)(or so he thought).

Hell he only had a girl or two at the winterfell brothels before he decided he wants to not fuck anymore and just walk along a boring wall for the rest of his life like his uncle, the other honorable man he knows.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

and the thing was, he had ALREADY fucked her. so its not like he thought she was skeevy nasty, its just silliness.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
adLWAdD_460s.jpg

• 10Worf
  • 7Like
Reactions: 16 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Incest is what created Bran the Broken, King of the Six Kingdoms!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There wasn't a single point in the series that Jon was upset about being related to Dany. What the fuck are you guys going on about? They didn't fuck in that scene because there was too much shit going on that was working to drive them apart, and Jon was too preoccupied by all of it.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I might be going out on a limb here, but what if D&D highjacked "A Song of Ice and Fire" in terms of it's TRUE meaning. What GRRM had in mind and what we saw HAS to be two different things.

What I think happened is D&D wrapped them selves into a pretzel with how shitty their writing started to become and realized it too late. So they pushed out this abomination. Jon is the Ice and Dany was the fire. That's why Jon went north of the wall and Tormund heavily foreshadowed it, they simply forced a square peg into a round hole, not only with Jon but Dany.

Dany acts out of character as a means to an end (fiery genocide), Jon does the same in order to fulfill the whole fire and ice shtick.

Maybe that's too smart for D&D, and even that premise is retarded. Jon killing Dany I'm fine with, what happens after that is basically unintentional comedy. Drogon melting the throne was a huge wtf moment simply injected for a cool visual. Dragons are apparently either highly intelligent, or lizard brain retarded.

The scene of Drogon in snow camouflage might have been one of the coolest things I've ever seen on television. That at least was a small brilliant touch.

Also Brienne penning Jaimes entry in the kings guard book made you feel like you were watching the real game of thrones again for a few minutes, very well done. All in all it has been an entertaining 9 years. This thread should be memorialized.

Woolygimp is rolling over in his grave given how this all ended up. He would have done a better job. RIP.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm still pissed the white walkers were wrapped up in 1 episode.
The whole thing was a dumpster fire. I was good through Ep2, thought the final 4 would be epic, wow. So incredibly wrong. Ep2 is like my favorite episode this season as long as I tell myself nothing after ever happened.

In a vacuum, i actually really enjoyed the long night. I usually watch the show after midnight when i get off work so all the lights are off and never had issues with the darkness. My only real complaint about that episode is all the named characters always repeatedly being mere seconds away from death for the last 15 minutes.

Outside the vacuum, it felt cheap to have the main threat of the series taken out in a single episode. It's also jarring to see the entire Dothraki army slaughtered, and maybe a hundred or two soldiers left alive and suddenly next week they're somehow 20,000 strong again. How the fuck is that ok? Did they just kind of forget half their soldiers?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched this. I really didn't like how no one seemed to care all that much about Jon stabbing Dany, least of all Jon himself. If he truly loved her, it should have broken him. Not to mention it being an ultimate act of treason. We saw how viciously Ned Stark condemned Jamie's kingslaying, that act should have weighed on him to the point of crisis. Should have jumped off the wall as soon as he got there.

Didn't really feel shock or suprise or much of anything during that whole stabbing scene, it was telegraphed far too much. Drogon shows up but you already know Jon's not getting burned, it's just not how this show works anymore. Also how did he stab her in the heart from the front while embracing her?

The only scenes where I really felt anything were Tyrion finding Jamie and Cersei's bodies, and Brienne writing the Kingsguard book, and that's floating on what's been built up between them in previous seasons rather than what happened this year.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even the Tyrion finding Jaime and Cersei scene was a product of rushed development.

Oh there was a gap to get out of there after all! You just had to be dwarf size to fit.

And if they were gonna go with the fanfic route, they should of went all the way in. What the fuck happened to Nymeria? Jaqen? They could of hastily done an ending montage of some of those loose threads, like maybe you see Jaqen undercover posing as a sailor as nd smiles at the camera as the ship with Arya sails off. Show Nymeria somewhere north nursing her newborn pups....

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bran as King with an independent North makes no sense, what army/Bannermen are now sworn to him and him alone?

He is totally at the mercy of the six kingdoms because he just gave away his own Kingdom.

If Sansa brings the North to defend Bran then the North is no longer independent/neutral
Think of it as "final episode concluded" plot armor, the best kind there is.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Why does he have a webcam on top of a Dell multimedia monitor that features an integrated webcam? All he needs is the USB cable (that was in the box)

Here's the thing about the Kingsmeet:

Sansa: The north won't bend the knee
Bran: If the north won't bend the knee to the last son of Ned Stark, you really need to reevaluate how firm your own grasp on the north is
Sansa: but yo dick don't work
Bran: the last three eyed raven lived a thousand years, just saying...

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Everyone, including that ironborn bitch, votes for captain wheelchair? She agrees to be ruled by him, while his own sister refuses?
Yeah the Iron Islands declared independence TWICE in the last ~20 years. You'd think that this would be the perfect opportunity to leave. Dorne had a history of being independence minded too.

A better ending would have been to end the main story just after Drogon melts the throne and flys off, have Jon Snow give some speech to everyone about how breaking the wheel means independence for everyone and lead the unsullied to belive that Daenerys flew away of her own free will to atone for what she had done. Then you have your ending montage showing who gets crowned in each kingdom: Sansa/North, Sweetrobin/Vale, Edmure Tully/Riverlands, Yara/Iron Islands, Sam/The Reach, Gendry/Stormlands, Tyrion/Westerlands. All characters we have seen struggle and be shat on regularily over the seasons. Jon goes to lead the wildlings because of his guilt. Show which secondary characters go to support each ruler and built their new world now all the bad guys are dead. Have Arya marry Gendry for fucks sake.

I think the only satisfying ending was Brianne writing about Jamie's deeds in the Kingsguard book. There's some stuff like Gendry being a lord but I feel like you need to show that, like they did for Sansa.

There wasn't a single point in the series that Jon was upset about being related to Dany. What the fuck are you guys going on about? They didn't fuck in that scene because there was too much shit going on that was working to drive them apart, and Jon was too preoccupied by all of it.

Jon kept saying "we can't" but the subtext was clearly because of them being related. All he had to do was marry her and not be a cuck around her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In retrospect I feel like S7/S8 Jon was way too much of a spineless crybaby to have ever had the balls to murder Dany.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users