GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Jon kept saying "we can't" but the subtext was clearly because of them being related. All he had to do was marry her and not be a cuck around her.

He doesn't say anything of the sort. There's two scenes where he rejects her. One is the one I was talking about where it comes directly during the strife being caused by the revelation and Dany being jealous, and he gets on his hands and knees to her directly after, which is not something you do when you're disgusted by the idea of her being related.

The second is on Dragonstone which is the only one that comes close to suggesting that he has an issue with it, but there's nothing definitive that demonstrates that's why. Jon is a whiny brooding sort that would just as likely not fuck her for a half dozen reasons, such as how he just watched Dany (whom he already has concerns about) execute someone via dragon, she's looking distraught as all fuck, and they just had another discussion about his claim.

Like most things this season, it's something that wasn't fleshed out and is up in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
He doesn't say anything of the sort. There's two scenes where he rejects her. One is the one I was talking about where it comes directly during the strife being caused by the revelation and Dany being jealous, and he gets on his hands and knees to her directly after, which is not something you do when you're disgusted by the idea of her being related.

The second is on Dragonstone which is the only one that comes close to suggesting that he has an issue with it, but there's nothing definitive that demonstrates that's why. Jon is a whiny brooding sort that would just as likely not fuck her for a half dozen reasons.

Like most things this season, it's something that wasn't fleshed out and is up in the air.
So he randomly decided not to fuck her? When their claims to the throne issue would be neatly solved by a marriage? It's actually worse to not give him the blood relative excuse, because then it makes even less sense.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So he randomly decided not to fuck her? When their claims to the throne issue would be neatly solved by a marriage? It's actually worse to not give him the blood relative excuse, because then it makes even less sense.

I don't see it as random. I see it as a ridiculous situation that no relationship could survive. Jon repeatedly tells her she is his queen, but he won't actually try to nullify him claim for ?reasons? and obviously still loves her, but he doesn't know what the fuck to do because well, he's Jon. He's not some dude that is just going to keep fucking her cus "gotta get that pussy", he's going to brood and be indecisive and just generally be a sack of shit like rejecting her advances.

It definitely would have been significantly better if they had him reject her because of the family thing, and his sense of honor and etc... etc... but that would have required some sense from the writers. What we got instead was some wishy washy "what's going on?" scenes that can only be interpreted as best as we can. And the little evidence we have just doesn't support that it was because he was grossed out by it. Looking back at the scenes, the only thing that supports that is how Harrington acts out the dragonstone scene, where he looks stiff as a board during the kiss.

Szlia

In a classic fantasy story, it's obvious Jon, one way or another, would end on the throne. In this particular story that plays with and subverts fantasy tropes , it's no big surprise that Jon does not end on the throne. Also, stories often have an author figure in them. Here, it's a bit Sam the bookworm, the one that in the end brings A Song of Ice And Fire (though the version he brings is obviously not the book), but it's also, and even more so, Bran, the one who knows all the stories. Reaching that end state in the show, with the author figure on the throne, felt a bit forced, but that's an end state that could very well be what Martin had in mind.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

I make no claim to this, was linked on Slack.

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it could be interesting to postulate spin off possibilities, but even those are going to be less anticipated because of this mess.

Greyworm letting Jon and Tyrion live is ridiculous, and what the fuck are all those dickless men going to do in Naath? Protect them like he vowed to Messandei? They cant start families and settle there? Very strange how that ended up after Jon did the deed. They didnt even show him admit what he did, which could have been a powerful scene. Such trash.

Didnt they shoot multiple endings?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They've already confirmed one of the spin-offs is based about 10,000 years before GoT around the forming of some of the great houses and The Long Night. GRRM is apparently involved in it as well. They've already begun filming under the working title: "Bloodmoon".

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just because the show is over doesn't mean we get to stop generating quality memes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Just because the show is over doesn't mean we get to stop generating quality memes.

View attachment 208452

What you said is true, but what you posted is not a quality meme.

I mean, it might serve as quality to a depressed, suicidal man pretending to be a lesbian woman, but for the rest of us it is less than mediocre.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked how the guards made Jon give up his weapons when he went in to see prisoner Tyrion but they let him keep them when he went to see the Queen.

I liked how Sansa waits until the last and then says "we are going to withdraw from the seven kingdoms." If I was everyone else I would have been thinking "well shit, I didn't know that was an option, is it too late to change my vote?"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I just got paid $5 cuz i won the bet.

#WINNING

Special thanks goes to D&D who wrote this piece of shit and directed in such a way that no normies could possibly believe in spoilers.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I just got paid $5 cuz i won the bet.

#WINNING

Special thanks goes to D&D who wrote this piece of shit and directed in such a way that no normies could possibly believe in spoilers.
Shut up faggot. We all know no one talks to you in real life.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

I liked how the guards made Jon give up his weapons when he went in to see prisoner Tyrion but they let him keep them when he went to see the Queen.
You don't visit prisoners with weapons, because you don't want prisoners to grab said weapons. You don't take the Queen's nephew-lover's weapons when he goes to see the Queen, unless the Queen specifically ordered it.

There are things worth complaining about. This is not one of them.

My personal inane nit-pick is having skeletons in burned houses instead of charred bodies, but who cares.

• 1Like