GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
followed by 2 above average books

leonardo-dicaprio-inception-squint-7110.png

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Given the list of absolute hot garbage HBO has released in the last year - I may destroy You, American Pickle, Euphoria, last season of Westworld - i am morbidly curious as to how bad a Game of Thrones show could have been that HBO execs watched it and said "oh shit, cancel the whole thing"

Especially to cancel Naomi Watts, a respected B lister who doesn't work very often.

To throw her pilot in the trash means it must have been hot trash.

Rumor was it was extremely woke to the point HBO felt it was offensive. Black white walkers, Naomi's lesbian relationship was obscene and over the top for a first episode, too "Hollyweird" etc.

They overdosed on everything right out the gate, trying to jam as much messaging as possible. They likely had no confidence that such a design could span even just 1 more episode-- so they axed it. The lesbian shit and the black walker was probably major "Fuck this" walk-out moment for execs.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I didn't find book 4 terrible, but I also didn't wait 20 years on it. book 5 drug the fuck on forever, mostly as said above, Tirion and Danny shit. But at least it wrapped up Meereen and the Slaver's Bay story. God I hope it did...

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i'm curious how bad was the new show they actually FILMED a pilot for. I think its the one that takes place like 1000 years ago in Asshai and shit before that place blew up, when dragons and magic were common.

Given the list of absolute hot garbage HBO has released in the last year - I may destroy You, American Pickle, Euphoria, last season of Westworld - i am morbidly curious as to how bad a Game of Thrones show could have been that HBO execs watched it and said "oh shit, cancel the whole thing"
They canned it because it failed to include the requisite number of minorities and trannies in key roles.

• 1Salty

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They canned it because it failed to include the requisite number of minorities and trannies in key roles.

Just the opposite

I drop mics boys-- I'll be here all week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mixed race Ned Stark lineage, and the very first black white walker.

1597703287644.png

Just like I said.

1597703309592.png

"Brave and bold" is a code word for SJW. Hold that down.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We had

- shockingly lesbian more lesbian than any lesbian series ever
- black first original white walker that created all other white walkers
- Ned Stark's forefathers were black as shit
- they cast black actors as the Children of the Forest

1597704021911.png

What more requisite can you get? The fact is it was just too woke.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just look at the dumpster fire the TV show became after they got ahead of the books.
The show became a dumpster fire because it was being written by fucking retards. Any half way competent writer should have been able to ended that series on an ok note.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We had

- shockingly lesbian more lesbian than any lesbian series ever
- black first original white walker that created all other white walkers
- Ned Stark's forefathers were black as shit
- they cast black actors as the Children of the Forest

View attachment 294148

What more requisite can you get? The fact is it was just too woke.
How about we just keep the copious amounts of naked lesbians and trash the rest.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The show became a dumpster fire because it was being written by fucking retards. Any half way competent writer should have been able to ended that series on an ok note.

I totally agree with you. I thought initially Benioff and Weiss were pretty good, as the show stayed pretty true to the books, and the storylines that weren't like the books were still really good. But watching season 6, I felt it was slowly going off the rails, even though there were still a few good episodes that season (Oathbreaker, The Door, Blood of my Blood, Battle of the Bastards). But season 7 and 8 were just absolute shit, that you could see that they no longer even had any notes or even any kind of storyboard from GRRM, and what they came up with was an absolute abortion.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
They definitely could have done a hell of a lot better, but any show that's this popular and gets drug out to 8 seasons is going to be incredibly difficult to manage. At that point you're no longer working with hungry actors who are thrilled to be working with HBO. Now you're dealing with pampered celebrities with a hell of a lot more leverage and who are getting paid a shit ton more chewing up the budget and many have some sort of influence over the creative direction of their character. Yeah, on paper it wouldn't be too hard to write something a fuckload better than what we got, but when you have to take into consideration everything else that goes into producing the show, i.e. Cersei won't work with Bronn, x actor's contract requires x amount of dialogue, nobody wants to do nude scenes anymore, x actor doesn't think this scene fits their character and wants it rewritten, etc. you can see how it can easily turn into a giant fucking mess.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I totally agree with you. I thought initially Benioff and Weiss were pretty good, as the show stayed pretty true to the books, and the storylines that weren't like the books were still really good. But watching season 6, I felt it was slowly going off the rails, even though there were still a few good episodes that season (Oathbreaker, The Door, Blood of my Blood, Battle of the Bastards). But season 7 and 8 were just absolute shit, that you could see that they no longer even had any notes or even any kind of storyboard from GRRM, and what they came up with was an absolute abortion.
i thought they understood the books and had some good insider info on the outline of the rest. boy was i wrong. as soon as they stopped getting bottlefed content. the wheels came off the pram. i also think whatever rift there was between GRRM and these dummies caused these guys to go full contrarion of what GRRM was going for and so they decided to burn it all down. it wasnt just me who noticed, soon as season 8 ended they got their asses tossed the fuck out of Disney.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
They definitely could have done a hell of a lot better, but any show that's this popular and gets drug out to 8 seasons is going to be incredibly difficult to manage. At that point you're no longer working with hungry actors who are thrilled to be working with HBO. Now you're dealing with pampered celebrities with a hell of a lot more leverage and who are getting paid a shit ton more chewing up the budget and many have some sort of influence over the creative direction of their character. Yeah, on paper it wouldn't be too hard to write something a fuckload better than what we got, but when you have to take into consideration everything else that goes into producing the show, i.e. Cersei won't work with Bronn, x actor's contract requires x amount of dialogue, nobody wants to do nude scenes anymore, x actor doesn't think this scene fits their character and wants it rewritten, etc. you can see how it can easily turn into a giant fucking mess.

I don't want to hear about the budget bullshit. This was HBO's golden goose. They didn't have to hurry up and finish this series. If anything, they should've kept it going for at least 3 more full seasons, not try and shoehorn all the myriad of plots into 11 or so episodes. As it was, they left several stories completely unfinished, or totally unsatisfactory. I could go on for pages on everything they fucked up, but trying to throw everything together into 2 shortened seasons made absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever. If HBO is that strapped for cash, stop making other shitty shows like Westworld.

• 1Dislike