GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just rewatched all 8 seasons over the past 10 days and it holds up pretty well. I remember being pretty buttmad over the ending when it first aired, but a year later I was OK with it.

The only thing that still makes me buttmad is the nonstop halfassing of military strategy in every battle, especially in The Battle for Winterfell and Battle for King's Landing.

Like who the fuck charges head on into the dark night against a countless enemy when you have the disadvantage in numbers and are defending a castle?

Same for KIng's Landing. Herp derp, we are defending a city and we have the advantage of walls, gates, etc. so lets form up the Golden Company outside of the gates so we can just completely throw that advantage away.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The last season sucked donkey nuts. You don't have to try and defend it. Bran the Broken on the throne? Booooooooo.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Just rewatched all 8 seasons over the past 10 days and it holds up pretty well. I remember being pretty buttmad over the ending when it first aired, but a year later I was OK with it.

The only thing that still makes me buttmad is the nonstop halfassing of military strategy in every battle, especially in The Battle for Winterfell and Battle for King's Landing.

Like who the fuck charges head on into the dark night against a countless enemy when you have the disadvantage in numbers and are defending a castle?

Same for KIng's Landing. Herp derp, we are defending a city and we have the advantage of walls, gates, etc. so lets form up the Golden Company outside of the gates so we can just completely throw that advantage away.

Genuine!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Somebody get them a copy of Total War: Medieval II

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not even the concluding novel and each has taken more time than the last. He doesn't have another fifteen years to finish it out and even if he did so fucking what.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly does anyone give a shit to read his novels from this point forward?
he's so old and he painted himself into such a retarded corner by introducing so many characters with their own arcs. i said this before, but there is no fucking way he will ever finish the series. even if he manages to come up with the 2 more books. he wont be able to tie this all in a bow, there will be loose ends or he will rush it all to fit it into 2 books. but yeah he's never finishing it. wasnt the last book basically the other half of A feast For Crows(2005)? so he sat on his ass years before 2011 and he still hasnt finished the next book. he bamboozled those guys at HBO into thinking he would have a book for them by season 5 or 6 and now they think he's gonna have some other shit ready for them when they do the new GoT? lol

and to answer the question, i dont care anymore. i already forgot a lot of the lore and what i remember was tainted by the tv show.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
if he wants to continue his relationship with HBO i'd hire some serviceable ghostwriters behind HBO's back, allowing HBO to put the GRRM stamp on something thats decent. That way they can say its all written by GRRM and sell it as a course-correct from Season 8.

failure to do this is going to be catastrophic as the next banker sons producer twats are going to write their own version again.

If Westworld can't find footing I don't see the new GoT series doing much better numbers wise, unless there is a major selling point or hook of some kind. IDK what the hook is going to be.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm curious how bad was the new show they actually FILMED a pilot for. I think its the one that takes place like 1000 years ago in Asshai and shit before that place blew up, when dragons and magic were common.

Given the list of absolute hot garbage HBO has released in the last year - I may destroy You, American Pickle, Euphoria, last season of Westworld - i am morbidly curious as to how bad a Game of Thrones show could have been that HBO execs watched it and said "oh shit, cancel the whole thing"

• 2Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

The whole series is released on 4K blu ray in a few months. Should have waited until then to rewatch. The transfer is supposed to be excellent.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
GRRM is a genius, there's no denying that. Just look at the dumpster fire the TV show became after they got ahead of the books. But yeah, he's never going to finish the series, and even if he does manage to finish it by some miracle, my opinion of GOT is permanently tainted by how fucking awful the last 2 seasons were. Even if the books go in another direction, I don't really care enough to even read them at this point.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
i'm curious how bad was the new show they actually FILMED a pilot for. I think its the one that takes place like 1000 years ago in Asshai and shit before that place blew up, when dragons and magic were common.

Given the list of absolute hot garbage HBO has released in the last year - I may destroy You, American Pickle, Euphoria, last season of Westworld - i am morbidly curious as to how bad a Game of Thrones show could have been that HBO execs watched it and said "oh shit, cancel the whole thing"
Asshai did not blow up, Valyria did. Asshai is basically Westeros' equivalent of the Far East.

3 of the best books ever written(in this genre) followed by 2 above average books followed by a TV show that ended with some combination of a wet fart and a death gurgle is what made seasons 6-8 so infuriating. It's likely the only ending we'll get.

Even more infuriating is that tubs o lard has a cheat sheet. GoT showrunners basically showed him what not to do. And it's been picked the fuck to death. Mauler has hours of critique on season 8 alone.

I'm interested in an ending to the written series. I'm not expecting one.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users