GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
its just him whining for a bunch of paragraphs about how busy he is because he chose to sign on for all this work. he thinks people are stupid and they will believe that he still intends to finish this series. he's also pissy that people dont believe his lies and wants you to stop asking him about the series.
this video explains what it all means and how fucked up what he posted was.

lol yea its over

1646982118466.png

thats a goodbye letter

1646982164799.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol yea its over

View attachment 402669

thats a goodbye letter

View attachment 402670
in that video, Jacobs points out previous statements by GRRM where he says he wont work on Dunk & Egg or Fire and Blood until he finishes WoW. there is no way to spin this as anything but a goodbye letter. it wouldnt matter much if he just stopped lying and told people that he is unable to finish the series or just doesnt want to anymore. but that would fuck up his profits on these woke GoT clones he says he's developing. like why the fuck would anyone bother with a new series of his when he doesnt even finish the other one? thats already going to happen, people like to forgive and forget, but maybe not this time. GoT had people invest 8 years of their lives in this show, they named their retarded kids after GoT characters. some of those people are going to not even bother with a new series about some shit that means nothing because they dont want to waste their time on his old ass anymore. just fuck off and retire somewhere retard, your series was good when you gave a damn.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
in that video, Jacobs points out previous statements by GRRM where he says he wont work on Dunk & Egg or Fire and Blood until he finishes WoW. there is no way to spin this as anything but a goodbye letter. it wouldnt matter much if he just stopped lying and told people that he is unable to finish the series or just doesnt want to anymore. but that would fuck up his profits on these woke GoT clones he says he's developing. like why the fuck would anyone bother with a new series of his when he doesnt even finish the other one? thats already going to happen, people like to forgive and forget, but maybe not this time. GoT had people invest 8 years of their lives in this show, they named their retarded kids after GoT characters. some of those people are going to not even bother with a new series about some shit that means nothing because they dont want to waste their time on his old ass anymore. just fuck off and retire somewhere retard, your series was good when you gave a damn.

Yeah just to be clear.

1647024180832.png

Is Corlys Velaryon the black guy?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
D&D killed almost all interest in ASOIAF for me and I'm not sure if Winds would really change that, or not.

As for his new Corlys show, all of the TV shows that Bruno Heller is the main writer/producer on are rated 7.9 or 8.7 on IMDB (The Mentalist, Gotham, Pennyworth, Rome), so I guess that's a good sign (I have only seen Rome).

My expectations for the new shows are in the gutter, so it's not like I will be disappointed in any of this shit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yes GRRM, pouting about people not liking your shitty career choices will turn it around for you. you waited so long to release your next "Thrones" book that nobody cares anymore!
The runaway success of the show made Martin rich beyond even the wildest fever dreams of a lifelong science-fiction writer, but it’s his first-hand experience of the viciousness of a particular type of hyper-online fan that’s left him uncharacteristically stumped. “I don’t understand how people can come to hate so much something that they once loved,” he says. “If you don’t like a show, don’t watch it! How has everything become so toxic?”

Martin is regularly harangued about when he’s going to produce The Winds of Winter, the sixth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, not to mention a seventh volume still to come after that. He’s also seen the virulent scorn poured by some critics and professed fans on the final season of Game of Thrones, so it’s perhaps with some trepidation that he’s returning to the televisual fray. On 21 August, Martin will take HBO back to Westeros in House of the Dragon, a prequel show set several hundred years before the events of Game of Thrones. It tells the story of the Targaryens, whose royal dynasty was built on their power as dragonlords before a civil war tore the family apart – which means there should be enough fire-breathing and aerial battles for even the most hard-to-please fan.

The author is wise enough not to take any of the online abuse he suffers too personally. After all, the same toxicity seems to infect the discourse around many of the world’s most popular stories. “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power isn’t even on yet [it will stream on Amazon in September], but if you follow what’s going on online, the controversy about it is like World War Two. They’re dropping atomic bombs on each other,” he says incredulously of the fans who howl about any perceived deviation from the source material. “You hear controversies about some of the Marvel shows and the Marvel movies, certainly about the DC characters. It used to be if you were a fan of Star Trek, you liked Star Trek. Now it seems like half the people who call themselves Star Trek fans hate Star Trek, and the Star Wars fans hate Star Wars, and the Tolkien fans hate Rings of Power. What the hell? Now maybe it’s because it’s changing, but as a writer you’d go crazy if you didn’t change it somehow. You want to tell new stories, not tell the same stories over and over again.”

• 1Worf

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
yes, when the writers block sets in and you aren't up to task to deliver on your story anymore but have too much ego to let it go to someone else or just tell people your ideas... then feign ignorance and blame the passion of the fans!

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
yes GRRM, pouting about people not liking your shitty career choices will turn it around for you. you waited so long to release your next "Thrones" book that nobody cares anymore!
The runaway success of the show made Martin rich beyond even the wildest fever dreams of a lifelong science-fiction writer, but it’s his first-hand experience of the viciousness of a particular type of hyper-online fan that’s left him uncharacteristically stumped. “I don’t understand how people can come to hate so much something that they once loved,” he says. “If you don’t like a show, don’t watch it! How has everything become so toxic?”

Martin is regularly harangued about when he’s going to produce The Winds of Winter, the sixth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, not to mention a seventh volume still to come after that. He’s also seen the virulent scorn poured by some critics and professed fans on the final season of Game of Thrones, so it’s perhaps with some trepidation that he’s returning to the televisual fray. On 21 August, Martin will take HBO back to Westeros in House of the Dragon, a prequel show set several hundred years before the events of Game of Thrones. It tells the story of the Targaryens, whose royal dynasty was built on their power as dragonlords before a civil war tore the family apart – which means there should be enough fire-breathing and aerial battles for even the most hard-to-please fan.

The author is wise enough not to take any of the online abuse he suffers too personally. After all, the same toxicity seems to infect the discourse around many of the world’s most popular stories. “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power isn’t even on yet [it will stream on Amazon in September], but if you follow what’s going on online, the controversy about it is like World War Two. They’re dropping atomic bombs on each other,” he says incredulously of the fans who howl about any perceived deviation from the source material. “You hear controversies about some of the Marvel shows and the Marvel movies, certainly about the DC characters. It used to be if you were a fan of Star Trek, you liked Star Trek. Now it seems like half the people who call themselves Star Trek fans hate Star Trek, and the Star Wars fans hate Star Wars, and the Tolkien fans hate Rings of Power. What the hell? Now maybe it’s because it’s changing, but as a writer you’d go crazy if you didn’t change it somehow. You want to tell new stories, not tell the same stories over and over again.”

Also, Martin is still far from Rowling, who has made far more money, had far more success, and did still deliver all books as originally planned in good time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Also, Martin is still far from Rowling, who has made far more money, had far more success, and did still deliver all books as originally planned in good time.
yeah, her fans are much crazier too. they love her work, her world building and her characters, but they wish she was dead because she thinks boys have penises and girls have vaginas. Martin is the crazy one here. book 5 was 11 years ago and cant understand why fans are harassing him to write book 6. what? are you guys in a rush?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The last two seasons of GOT were abortions, RR knows it, but doesn't want to admit it. He'd rather blame the fans for being "upset." Newsflash: the ending of the show sucked ass, no one is really that interested in what happened 10,000 years before the current characters were born. Fans want the next two books in the series, and they want them to be nothing like the show. Not that difficult to understand. Plant your enormous fat ass down on a chair, and write the fucking things.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The last two seasons of GOT were abortions, RR knows it, but doesn't want to admit it. He'd rather blame the fans for being "upset." Newsflash: the ending of the show sucked ass, no one is really that interested in what happened 10,000 years before the current characters were born. Fans want the next two books in the series, and they want them to be nothing like the show. Not that difficult to understand. Plant your enormous fat ass down on a chair, and write the fucking things.
I don’t disagree with the first part but I feel the opposite about seeing a series when Valyria was around. I mean sure finish the current work but man I’ve been wanting that time expanded upon for some long.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don’t disagree with the first part but I feel the opposite about seeing a series when Valyria was around. I mean sure finish the current work but man I’ve been wanting that time expanded upon for some long.
too bad you wont be getting that either.
original description of Valyria

Appearance​

Valyrians are famous for having silver-gold hair and violet-purple eyes, characteristics not found amongst any other peoples of the world. This can vary from white to silver-gold to blond hair, and from lilac, to deep purple, and pale blue eyes. The most noble of Valyrians were considered strikingly, some say inhumanly,[1] beautiful.[2] The species of lemur living in the Forest of Qohor sharing similar physical features is called Little Valyrian.[3]

History​

Valyrians were originally a civilization of humble shepherds who discovered dragons in the Fourteen Flames, a ring of volcanoes on the Valyrian peninsula.[4] Valyrian stories claim that dragons originated in their lands, although tales from Asshai claim the beasts were brought to Valyria from the Shadow Lands.[5] The Valyrians tamed the dragons with magic—taught by a vanished people according to the Asshai'i[5]—and made the beasts into devastating weapons of war.[6] With the aid of dragons, the Valyrians established the Valyrian Freehold.[7]

Valyrians survive in Lys, where even the smallfolk have the pale skin, silver-gold hair, and purple, lilac, and pale blue eyes of the dragonlords of old,[8] as well as in Volantis, among the Old Blood, which traces its descent to the Freehold itself.[9][10] Other survivors are the members of House Targaryen, the sole surviving family of dragonlords, as well as those of Velaryon and Celtigar.

Due to the practice of the first night, Valyrian features were also passed unto the so-called dragonseeds.

Though unrelated to the Valyrians, the members of House Dayne, an ancient Westerosi noble house, also possess violet eyes.

meet the "new" Valyria
iu

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its either two things, he is unable to finish the books because he is old and tired or he's afraid to finish it because people hated the way GoT ended so he doesnt want his only successful franchise to go down in history as a clusterfuck shitshow. he also has a huge ego so he wont allow anyone to finish his books because he doesnt want anyone to upstage him, he probably doesnt want anyone to know how little of WoW he actually wrote. its been heavily theorized that he isnt even halfway through writing it. so maybe 300 pages in a 700 page novel. in 11-17 years thats all he's got.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

He's being a tool. You don't have to like regardless. That is for shills or super optimistic people who think next time will be better but here...

I was a big Marvel fan, and I tried some of those Marvel shows that were on in the Seventies, The [Incredible] Hulk with Bill Bixby and [TV movies about] Captain America. I tried them once and I didn’t watch them again because I didn’t like them very much, but I didn’t go crazy and start writing hate mail,” he says. “I’ve got to think social media has something to do with it.”

He's right. I loved StarWars but nowadays, I don't give a single shit about it.
Fans shouldn't also act like it belongs to them. Yes it is what it is because of you but don't act like is the most precious thing in your life.
Just let it go if you don't like it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
too bad you wont be getting that either.
original description of Valyria

Appearance​

Valyrians are famous for having silver-gold hair and violet-purple eyes, characteristics not found amongst any other peoples of the world. This can vary from white to silver-gold to blond hair, and from lilac, to deep purple, and pale blue eyes. The most noble of Valyrians were considered strikingly, some say inhumanly,[1] beautiful.[2] The species of lemur living in the Forest of Qohor sharing similar physical features is called Little Valyrian.[3]

History​

Valyrians were originally a civilization of humble shepherds who discovered dragons in the Fourteen Flames, a ring of volcanoes on the Valyrian peninsula.[4] Valyrian stories claim that dragons originated in their lands, although tales from Asshai claim the beasts were brought to Valyria from the Shadow Lands.[5] The Valyrians tamed the dragons with magic—taught by a vanished people according to the Asshai'i[5]—and made the beasts into devastating weapons of war.[6] With the aid of dragons, the Valyrians established the Valyrian Freehold.[7]

Valyrians survive in Lys, where even the smallfolk have the pale skin, silver-gold hair, and purple, lilac, and pale blue eyes of the dragonlords of old,[8] as well as in Volantis, among the Old Blood, which traces its descent to the Freehold itself.[9][10] Other survivors are the members of House Targaryen, the sole surviving family of dragonlords, as well as those of Velaryon and Celtigar.

Due to the practice of the first night, Valyrian features were also passed unto the so-called dragonseeds.

Though unrelated to the Valyrians, the members of House Dayne, an ancient Westerosi noble house, also possess violet eyes.

meet the "new" Valyria
iu

None of that bothers me -shrug-

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's being a tool. You don't have to like regardless. That is for shills or super optimistic people who think next time will be better but here...

I was a big Marvel fan, and I tried some of those Marvel shows that were on in the Seventies, The [Incredible] Hulk with Bill Bixby and [TV movies about] Captain America. I tried them once and I didn’t watch them again because I didn’t like them very much, but I didn’t go crazy and start writing hate mail,” he says. “I’ve got to think social media has something to do with it.”

He's right. I loved StarWars but nowadays, I don't give a single shit about it.
Fans shouldn't also act like it belongs to them. Yes it is what it is because of you but don't act like is the most precious thing in your life.
Just let it go if you don't like it.
i'm of the opinion that if they want to change things up. thats totally fine. start a new vector of Star Wars. something that has NOTHING to do with the "Skywalker" saga or whatever name they put on it. i dont think anyone here would be upset about it. the Mando show is a good example. up until Luke and Boba showed up, that show was its own thing. i watched and enjoyed it. what pisses me off is them monkeying with well known characters and giving them previously never seen attributes. OB1 was never a defeated pussy, Luke saw the good in everything and would never try to kill his nephew, he would try to train him to be better.. Leia never showed force powers, she had no idea she had them. no Jedi could fly through space. Han started out as a space pirate, but by the end of RotJ he was devoted to Leia and wouldnt ever become a deadbeat dad and desert his family. that shit is what drives fans crazy. the problem is Disney isnt confident in their own homebrew Star Wars and fans mostly only care about the old stuff. so what do? they tinker with the fan favorites and insert their current year politics into everything to "update" the franchise. so now they have a franchise that is horrible, but also ruins the nostalgia of the past.

the MCU, Doctor Who, GoT, LOTR, WoT, Halo and Star Trek is the same way. they cant instantly make mad cash with new stuff because they wont see immediate returns, they need that cash infusion right now. they no longer have years to develop a show with characters for people to grow into. they want you to jump right in so they can brag on Twitter about how smart they were.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i'm of the opinion that if they want to change things up. thats totally fine. start a new vector of Star Wars. something that has NOTHING to do with the "Skywalker" saga or whatever name they put on it. i dont think anyone here would be upset about it. the Mando show is a good example. up until Luke and Boba showed up, that show was its own thing. i watched and enjoyed it. what pisses me off is them monkeying with well known characters and giving them previously never seen attributes. OB1 was never a defeated pussy, Luke saw the good in everything and would never try to kill his nephew, he would try to train him to be better.. Leia never showed force powers, she had no idea she had them. no Jedi could fly through space. Han started out as a space pirate, but by the end of RotJ he was devoted to Leia and wouldnt ever become a deadbeat dad and desert his family. that shit is what drives fans crazy. the problem is Disney isnt confident in their own homebrew Star Wars and fans mostly only care about the old stuff. so what do? they tinker with the fan favorites and insert their current year politics into everything to "update" the franchise. so now they have a franchise that is horrible, but also ruins the nostalgia of the past.

the MCU, Doctor Who, GoT, LOTR, WoT, Halo and Star Trek is the same way. they cant instantly make mad cash with new stuff because they wont see immediate returns, they need that cash infusion right now. they no longer have years to develop a show with characters for people to grow into. they want you to jump right in so they can brag on Twitter about how smart they were.
Don't care too much about what they do as long as they ENTERTAIN me. Being preached at by woke fuckwits is not entertaining.

Hell, I don't even need much of a plot if the dialogue is snappy, the characters are fun and I can escape for a couple of hours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users