GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Melisandre uses Stannis' kings blood to magic up a rebirthing of Jon ala his mother Catelin and what's his face before her.

Or

Stannis is Ramsay's new Reek.

Which do I prefer more?

Its a tough call.
Whats his face? You're a disgrace.

Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr. Who used no kings blood to revive anyone. They just fuckin did it.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
What I don't get is why more people don't bite their tongues off when they're getting their cock flayed. Oh you took a knife to my dick? Yep, biting my tongue off.
Yeah, I have always kinda had that thought with insane torture situations. Whats that, you are going to torture me for months and then probably kill me after anyway? *bite tongue right the fuck off* But if everyone did that, it would make for some boring TV/books I suppose.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well we know dragons are back so plenty more obsidian can be made. I've always thought the "Song of Ice and Fire" was that it would come down to White Walkers vs dragons. We've known since the first season that fire kills Walkers but obsidian is a real game changer as Dany can now equip full armies capable of defeating them.
No where in the show do they say Obsidian is made by dragons, in fact the only mention of it is that the children of the forest fashioned it in to weapons and gave that to the Nights watch to fight the others. The children of the forest weren't exactly dragon handlers.

Just like Cersei's bone headed threats in this episode, when a character does something stupid in Game of Thrones it's not because of bad writing, it just that they are having a bad day. When faced with fight or flight, Sam will usually choose flight. Cersei will usually overplay her hand at some point. At times they will overcome their character flaws, but at other times they'll make even bigger mistakes than usual.
Not necessarily. Throughout the entire show Sam is basically one big fuck up, it would make sense that he leaves behind the dagger (but he also found an entire cache of weapons at the fist of the first men as well).

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah man, you guys are such badasses when faced with committing suicide or the unknown you'd totally just off yourself.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If you are going to go by someone that sacrificed the person they loved to forge a "Lightbringer", it is clearly Dany who sacrificed her husband and used his death to give birth to the 3 bringers of flame.

I think though that the prophecies are meant to be vague and he gets off by having multiple people matching all the parts of the prophecies.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
When they discovered that dagger along with the other pieces, one of them literally called it 'dragon glass' in the show.. Not sure what you are talking about.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Yeah man, you guys are such badasses when faced with committing suicide or the unknown you'd totally just off yourself.
You see it as badass perhaps, I see it as me being a big ole pussy who knows he cannot stand months of well planned torture. I don't like pain, it fucking hurts. You and Rambo can have the strength to endure a dick flaying I guess, probably not me.

iannis

Musty Nester
The will to life is stronger than you think. You may not like pain (who does? that's the entire point. I don't think even masochists "like" it, they're just fetishists) but false hope is a powerful motivator for your prefrontal and your lizard brain just don't care. It is the nature of pain to dampen reason. That's not a philosophical statement. Pain actually inhibits your ability to reason (to plan, to think, to "forsee" months of well planned torture).

Biting your own tongue off is a bit extreme even in the face of hell. Stabbing yourself in the neck or face would be much easier to muster.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
The will to life is stronger than you think....
Yeah I completely understand that point. I can only theorize what I would do in such an incomprehensible type of situation, and the theories are almost always more logical than reality. However I am pretty sure that if they were torturing for information, I would confess to the Holocaust the moment they brought out the dick flaying knife.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
If you are going to go by someone that sacrificed the person they loved to forge a "Lightbringer", it is clearly Dany who sacrificed her husband and used his death to give birth to the 3 bringers of flame.

I think though that the prophecies are meant to be vague and he gets off by having multiple people matching all the parts of the prophecies.
Hmm, I had never heard of that theory before. I kind of like it. Her and Jon are the only 2 so far to have come close to fulfilling that aspect of the prophecy, as far as I can remember. Or am I missing one?

khalid

Unelected Mod
only 2 so far to have come close to fulfilling that aspect of the prophecy, as far as I can remember. Or am I missing one?
"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt."

Some people claim Davos matches that after the Blackwater, but I think that is a stretch.

There are a shitload of theories of all kinds. Is Azor Ahai reborn and the Prince that was Promised the same person or two different people? I believe that this is the case and that Jon is the Prince that was Promised and who's song is ice and fire at least Rhaegar essentially seems to call him that in the House of the Undying. Dany on the other hand is pretty clearly in my mind Azor Ahai, who stepped into the fire and sacrificed her husband to forge Lightbringer.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too bad you tonguemunchers wouldn't be able to reach your fingers so they'd still torture the fuck out of you and make you write out answers. And then after you chomped your fingers off they'd torture you some more with yes or no answers for you to nod at. And then after you managed to paralyze yourselves they'd torture the fuck out of you and make you moan once or twice for yes or no.

"Oh they'd just kill me if I bit my tongue off". Right, people who live by being creatively evil to get answers would just give up=P

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought they were thinking they would bleed to death if they bit their tongue off. Which they would just stop. Boiling wine is probably not fun times in your mouth.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think if you just keep your mouth shut and swallow your blood for ... a couple days you might die.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think if you just keep your mouth shut and swallow your blood for ... a couple days you might die.
Good luck with that while your dick is being flayed=P

edit: And yeah I was thinking they were saying bite the tongue off so they can't admit to anything, not to die. Duh, me smrt.

That said, don't think there's any major arteries in your tongue so there's not much chance you'd bleed to death before something got done to stop it. Like Sut hinted at.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I've read the books so I don't wanna intrude on this thread, but if you watch the Season 2 extra's (history and lore of Westeros) they give a bit more back story than the show can, while still keeping the lore true to the Show (where it's been changed in the show vs the books)

The obsidian vs dragon glass debate is explained, narrated in character by Stannis Baratheon:

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hmm...so I guess that explains it. I had just assumed that glass is made from fire so "dragon glass" was made from dragon fire. Not a bad assumption but interesting that it's actually a natural material that comes from Dragonstone. Who knows how much Dragonstone actually has then or if it would be enough to outfit armies.