GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cybsled

Obsidian is just volcanic glass, so Dragonstone was probably a former volcano or formed by that manner of geologic process. I guess that might explain part of the attraction to Mel, though...nothing says Fire God like a volcano
wink.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Whats his face? You're a disgrace.

Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr. Who used no kings blood to revive anyone. They just fuckin did it.
Maybe the lack of king's blood for the enchantment is why Beric feels all stretched thin, like too little butter on too much bread.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i wish i had never brought up the term dick flaying. its brought me nothing but pain.
tongue.png

and why would mel sacrifice stannis when she has a perfectly good source of king's blood in his daughter shireen? little kid is turning into a frickin Weeping Angel anyway. might as well use her to 100% rez Jon Snow

Siliconemelons

Well... I will assume they have some magical properties... or just the innate properties of being formed by fire vs a being that is ice.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Stannis won't go out like a bitch. If Melisandre turns on him he's gonna go super sayain and drop kick her off a wall.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
get that looked at bro

Stannis won't get killed by Melisandre, that's retarded. Also, was any "payment" ever alluded to for the Beric resurrections?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't recall there being a "payment", but Beric was doing worse and worse with each one. A life for a life is the red god's thing, right? I guess they could just go kill someone after each rez.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Thoros said that less of him [Beric] comes back each time. The fact that Beric gives Cat the last rights could be why she's unCat and not almost wholly restored like he was.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
She's not restored much because she was waterlogged in the river. Coming back to life, even if it means being scarred and banged up from whatever killed you, still sounds like a whole lot of something for nothing. Where's the cost?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't he lose his memories and stuff? "Less of him comes back" ie he's going to eventually come back and be a drooling retard / amnesiac or just be too gone to come back.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It seems like Beric/Thoros alluded to a mental/emotional toll, yeah. But the reason Cat is the way she is, is simply because she was in terrible physical shape when she was brought back. She wasn't just stabbed in the heart or hanged or anything relatively simple like the stuff that killed Beric; she clawed her face off, had her throat clearly slit, and laid in the water for however many days. Getting a rez doesn't seem to restore physical capabilities other than close up the general wounds. Isn't that the reason unCat can't/can barely talk?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmm...so I guess that explains it. I had just assumed that glass is made from fire so "dragon glass" was made from dragon fire. Not a bad assumption but interesting that it's actually a natural material that comes from Dragonstone. Who knows how much Dragonstone actually has then or if it would be enough to outfit armies.
This would make sense as a lot of Dragon glass came from old Valyria before the "doom", which sounds like a volcano erupting.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
i wish i had never brought up the term dick flaying. its brought me nothing but pain.
tongue.png

and why would mel sacrifice stannis when she has a perfectly good source of king's blood in his daughter shireen? little kid is turning into a frickin Weeping Angel anyway. might as well use her to 100% rez Jon Snow
I'm not saying she'd sacrifice Stannis to revive Jon, I'm just saying Stannis has no use right now except for the fact that he's Roberts brother. I have a feeling he's going to be thrown aside like a used tampon by Melis, and it's not like Jon would let her burn him or anything.

It seems like Beric/Thoros alluded to a mental/emotional toll, yeah. But the reason Cat is the way she is, is simply because she was in terrible physical shape when she was brought back. She wasn't just stabbed in the heart or hanged or anything relatively simple like the stuff that killed Beric; she clawed her face off, had her throat clearly slit, and laid in the water for however many days. Getting a rez doesn't seem to restore physical capabilities other than close up the general wounds. Isn't that the reason unCat can't/can barely talk?
yes

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Also, Cersei's hamfisted threatening of Margaery was as bad as her shutting down Loras' attempt was good.

You know this is a great show because almost every complaint has very little to do with the actual show itself and everything to do with how it's different from the books.
I am pretty sure this heavy handed conversation occurred as a conversation to the audience as a kind of "HERE'S WHAT'S COMING UP" without having to show Robb Stark and Co in this episode at all. Explaining exactly what the Rains of Castemere means and with that being the title of the next episode, it was foreshadowing without actually directly foreshadowing.