GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I kinda do like the story stuff with Asha. Can do without Victarion.

I just thought the change was so dramatic, they basically rewrote Asha, who didn't give a flying fig about Theon in the books, and now she's gonna run off with her daddies best ship and warriors to rescue Theon from the Boltons?

I just don't like when they completely rewrite characters like that, really bugs me. Sorry I realize this is a response to a three page back post now.
She gave a shit, just not nearly as big a one as they're making her out to on the show. I half thought they were going to have her be the reason for her father's death.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I thought Asha was going to kill Balon after that shit last night. Thought that would have been an interesting twist.

Also I'm sure this theory has been kicked around a lot before, but something strikes me as odd the way the Starks and Dany control their animals. Starks warg, and Dany uses a forceful Valarian voice. I wonder how the Targs used to control their dragons, and WHO their dragons were. If Rhaegar and Lyanna had a bigger purpose, it might have been bringing the Warg back into the Targs.

Anyways, off the subject.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Kind of meh on that episode overall. No Kingsmoot is lame, was looking forward to that. Also, that Jon/Ygritte scene was pretty fucking random - nothing worse than tv shows hand-holding retards who can't read between the lines. That entire scene was wasted and was covered last week. I actually thought it was a dream sequence or something. Also, they are setting up Shae/Tyrion in a way that is wholly different to the books, and not in a good way.

Tyrions scenes though were great, as was the Hound/Arya stuff. Really pleased they included the Wolf-head/King in the North bit. Loved Davos' stuff as well - dude is a great actor. Another year long wait for 10 short episodes.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Stumbles upon them? She lied and tricked her way into gaining control of them. It's not like they were just standing there and they were like "Lawl, WE FOLLOW U NOW!1!"

Come on now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Arya said the words Jaqen told her to say with the coin, right? I'm sure she feels that's all she has left.

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
Also, again, Arya and Hound were fan-fucking-tastic. I'm seriously bummed just thinking about them separating. For a second there I thought they were replacing the tavern fight with Tickler etc with the campfire scene.
Can't remember, but did they have the tickler in season two? I don't remember any scenes with people getting tortured and him asking "Where did you hide the gold?" I really hope they have Arya go all stabby while yelling "Where did you hide the gold??!!!"

Fedor

<Banned>
Can't remember, but did they have the tickler in season two? I don't remember any scenes with people getting tortured and him asking "Where did you hide the gold?" I really hope they have Arya go all stabby while yelling "Where did you hide the gold??!!!"
are you astro?

game-of-thrones-rat-bucket.png

The_Tickler_dead.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
People have terrible memories. Yes, they were all being questioned in Harrenhal until Tywin showed up just in time to save Gendry. The Tickler was the first person Jaqen killed for Arya.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As far as she knows, the only person maybe still alive is Sansa. Did she hear about Rickon/Bran? Can't remember if someone told her.

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
People have terrible memories. Yes, they were all being questioned in Harrenhal until Tywin showed up just in time to save Gendry. The Tickler was the first person Jaqen killed for Arya.
Sorry, I remember the questioning, but I thought he was only asking where the Brotherhood was. Does he specifically ask about the gold?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Arya said the words Jaqen told her to say with the coin, right? I'm sure she feels that's all she has left.
Except, I think he said that she had to present it to a man of Bravos when she said the words.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my memory isnt that bad. i remember the tickler scene. dude liked to let his victims play with rats.
Jait, wikipedia has an entry on the targaryan dragons.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragon

i also was a little disappointed that they made this arya's first kill, when she had killed about a half dozen men herself by that point

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
no one likes joffrey? man at that small council meeting when tyrion read the news, joffrey had the look of a boy on christmas, i don't particularly care for joffrey the character, but the actor... on his wiki says he wants to pursue an academic career, but he could have hundreds of villian roles (cuz he's gonna be typecast that way forever) lined up. he could be like a gary oldman in the professional.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the tickler scenes in the show were pretty close approximations to the scenes in the books, starts with "is there any gold in the village, where is the brotherhood, which of the villagers helped the brotherhood, etc"

Extremely disappointed in how they've adapted this season. a lot of little things that were changed for no reason. Some changes, even big ones, are understandable. trimming down the Warging of the stark kids to be just Bran, ok fine. that means you can get rid of Nymeria and her entire story, but also means no catelyn pulled from the water scene which is whatev cus there's probably no LS either. But you need a scene to convey to Arya that there's no hope for survival of her mother (in the books she knows about her brother being killed but has hope that her mother is being held prisoner like her uncle, she has the dream of pulling her mother out of the water and tells the hound "no, she's dead" and moves on).

But the changes to Dany's storyline this season are just awful and for no reason. the conquest of Yunkai is like the pinnacle of her story, after this it's just Mereen and Dany being a teenage girl failing at everything for the rest of the show (until atleast the very last chapter of DWD+) Next season all we have is Mereen, which is very similar to the the show's bastardized version of her conquest of Yunkai. They go in through sewers instead of a back gate, whoopidee fuck. edit: In fact my biggest fear is that they're combining Yunkai and Mereen. The changes to how she conquered yunkai basically turning it into mereen combined with the hero worship crowd surfing scene leads me to worry that this is fucking it, she's going to set up shop in fucking Yunkai now. So we're already at the shitty part of her story and completely glanced over the awesome part. Well, they just made the awesome part shitty.

The changes to Davos/Stannis story are also just dumb. What is it? they had to get rid of Gendry this season to save money? how much are you paying that kid? Would it of really cost that much more to keep him around for a few more episodes next season to do Davos/Stannis storyline justice? he's already well known character by the viewers, it's not like you've gotta waste a fuck ton of air time with slow introductory bullshit. What's more likely is that they will continue to have Gendry next season (maybe he'll meet up with Arya and travel with her to Braavos, that's my hope atleast) which means they fucked up and rushed the Stannis story for literally no fucking reason whatsoever. Also way to ruin the big reveal of what can only be your episode 9 battle next season. Lemme guess, they're going to move Joff's wedding to episode 9? Or maybe the mountain/viper duel to episode 9? that's your big reveal next year? what a waste of excellent source material.

also another complaint: Entire CGI budget for wolves/dragons wasted on Dragons, ok fine whatev. But dragons are much more expensive than filming real wolves and doubling their size on screen so we're left with virtually no wolf scenes and like 4 scenes worth of dragons in a season? (Opener flying over the boat, Astapor, Yunkai Diplomat, Mhysa. I miss any?). Fuck subscriptions, you make more on DVD sales than the show costs to make, there's no excuse for "obviously cut for budget reasons" impacting the story telling of your show.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the tickler scenes in the show were pretty close approximations to the scenes in the books, starts with "is there any gold in the village, where is the brotherhood, which of the villagers helped the brotherhood, etc"

Extremely disappointed in how they've adapted this season. a lot of little things that were changed for no reason. Some changes, even big ones, are understandable. trimming down the Warging of the stark kids to be just Bran, ok fine. that means you can get rid of Nymeria and her entire story, but also means no catelyn pulled from the water scene which is whatev cus there's probably no LS either. But you need a scene to convey to Arya that there's no hope for survival of her mother (in the books she knows about her brother being killed but has hope that her mother is being held prisoner like her uncle, she has the dream of pulling her mother out of the water and tells the hound "no, she's dead" and moves on).

But the changes to Dany's storyline this season are just awful and for no reason. the conquest of Yunkai is like the pinnacle of her story, after this it's just Mereen and Dany being a teenage girl failing at everything for the rest of the show (until atleast the very last chapter of DWD+) Next season all we have is Mereen, which is very similar to the the show's bastardized version of her conquest of Yunkai. They go in through sewers instead of a back gate, whoopidee fuck.

The changes to Davos/Stannis story are also just dumb. What is it? they had to get rid of Gendry this season to save money? how much are you paying that kid? Would it of really cost that much more to keep him around for a few more episodes next season to do Davos/Stannis storyline justice? he's already well known character by the viewers, it's not like you've gotta waste a fuck ton of air time with slow introductory bullshit. What's more likely is that they will continue to have Gendry next season (maybe he'll meet up with Arya and travel with her to Braavos, that's my hope atleast) which means they fucked up and rushed the Stannis story for literally no fucking reason whatsoever. Also way to ruin the big reveal of what can only be your episode 9 battle next season. Lemme guess, they're going to move Joff's wedding to episode 9? Or maybe the mountain/viper duel to episode 9? that's your big reveal next year? what a waste of excellent source material.

also another complaint: Entire CGI budget for wolves/dragons wasted on Dragons, ok fine whatev. But dragons are much more expensive than filming real wolves and doubling their size on screen so we're left with virtually no wolf scenes and like 4 scenes worth of dragons in a season? (Opener flying over the boat, Astapor, Yunkai Diplomat, Mhysa. I miss any?). Fuck subscriptions, you make more on DVD sales than the show costs to make, there's no excuse for "obviously cut for budget reasons" impacting the story telling of your show.
rrr_img_30248.jpg