GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I doubt it's a book spoiler but a bit of context. I was told that at the start when Robb and Cat were in front of Walder Frey they were eating something. Turns out it was salt and bread which signifies "You are under my protection." Apparently Cat was really nervous until Robb ate it then calmed down. So I think that cements the fact that my boy Walder is going to die after the Old Nan story about the dude being turned into a rat.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I doubt it's a book spoiler but a bit of context. I was told that at the start when Robb and Cat were in front of Walder Frey they were eating something. Turns out it was salt and bread which signifies "You are under my protection." Apparently Cat was really nervous until Robb ate it then calmed down. So I think that cements the fact that my boy Walder is going to die after the Old Nan story about the dude being turned into a rat.
Yeah the salt/bread scene was probably a little weird for a lot of non-book readers. Even as a book reader I didn't think they'd make it so ritualistic, and there was very little setup of Catelyn telling Robb to be ready to fight until he gets some salt and bread.

khalid

Unelected Mod

Astro just schooled someone on a fact in Game of Thrones. It's like my entire world is turned around now. Whats next, Microsoft not being an ass to their customers? Nah, won't happen.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm starting to think they're just not going to be able to do books 4, 5 and beyond without MAJOR rewriting of the source material. At least, if they want to have a good story that works in the form of a TV show.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
They'll have to rewrite a lot of things. I'm a huge fan of the books but also a huge fan of the show and I'm old enough now to realize that you can't have both exactly the same.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I won't post it, but read that part of the book and it's a bit different

Edit: By different I mean it really goes into detail way more than the show did. On the show it just happens and you go "WTF WAS THAT"

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I can't wait for the giant yellow piss man. Cut Belwas, but god help you if The Pisser isn't shown in all his majestic canary attire.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I miss Belwas, he was my favorite
frown.png

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya really. They showed the wolf-head thing, and a pregnant woman being stabbed in the uterus, why can't they show a big fat guy taking a shit on a fallen enemy?
frown.png

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
2 things from the comic book girl video.....

#1. I totally agree with her theory on who is Jon Snows mother.

#2. I'd like to hit dat like the fist of an angry god.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Jimmies have officially been rustled. I think discussion of who is Jons mother is fair game. But if a mod thinks its Pussy Shit they can delete it. No Pussy Shit was meant. =)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
People can talk about Wylla in here all they want. That video def. has a lot of information that show watchers are not familiar with, though.

Bodger

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've recently found that there are a couple short novellas GRRM has published over the years in the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire realm. These short stories have been published over time in random other short story books and they are called 'Tales of Dunk & Egg'. They are set 100 years before season 1/book 1 starts and I must say they are pretty interesting - so far they haven't been the most dramatic tales but I find them very interesting and they definitely add to the rich history of Westeros.

I was going to start a book thread about them but since they are so short I didn't see it to be necessary and I considered posting it in the spoiler's thread but didn't want to read about stuff I didn't know about yet - so here ya go. Dunk and Egg, 1. The Hedgeknight 2. The Sworn Sword 3. The Mystery Knight

The downside is the same as reading the current books. The tale isn't finished and when you're done you're worried if they will ever be completed since GRRM has been taking his time to write it all.

I know this isn't exactly tv show related but I was very suprised to stumble across these and figured I'd share it with yall. There aren't any spoilers in these as they were written long ago. Enjoy peeps and feel free to discuss if you've read them already? Peace!