GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That's fucking enormous. I did not imagine that. I did imagine plenty of random sharp edges since they made a note of some of the Targaryens being annoyed by the cuts it inflicted.
Yea, that picture looks wrong. What I had in my head was something in between the two. I always imagine a couple steps up and a thousand swords that were mostly pointed down, and sharp edges just showing in places of the chaos.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yea, that picture looks wrong. What I had in my head was something in between the two. I always imagine a couple steps up and a thousand swords that were mostly pointed down, and sharp edges just showing in places of the chaos.
A thousand swords is a lot of fucking swords. I don't even think there's quite a thousand in that picture.

how GRR Martin pictured the iron throne:

6T0Zrj2.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Certainly more imposing but I like the TV show's take on the throne. Without having such a grand scale the throne has become iconic and almost a symbol of the franchise.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I didn't imagine it that huge, but I definitely imagined it being 'higher' above the floor where people address the king.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Some book people are so awesome about this series. Read a spoiler in the comments of some random article that had nothing to do with GoT the other day. Listening to a fucking metal song on youtube right now and guess what's in the comments? Same spoiler. Guess that's what I get for actually reading the comments section though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Should be happy you only got a GoT spoiler reading youtube comments instead of the usual brain cancer

iannis

Musty Nester
A thousand swords is a lot of fucking swords. I don't even think there's quite a thousand in that picture.
A swerd is like 10 pounds of metal or so at least? So you're looking at a significant amount of metal.

Iron throne should be about the size of a dumptruck.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A swerd is like 10 pounds of metal or so at least? So you're looking at a significant amount of metal.
Wiki says 2.4-3.3lb for a longsword. About double that for a claymore.

It is decidedly lacking on stats for Valyrian Steel weapons for some reason.

edit: I also had an inflated idea of what they weighed, but thinking about what I've read about them before that's stupid. Swords in general got smaller as time went on, not bigger. Easier to wield etc. Makes sense they'd make them as light as possible.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Iron throne should be about the size of a dumptruck.
Swords weighed around 2-4 lbs I believe. Light enough to be used with skill, heavy enough to cause fatal damage. An exceptionally large sword would be 4.5 lbs, most around 2.5. Every sensible person used a one handed sword, so the weight of two handed swords is inconsequential. 1600-2000lbs of metal is not as large as that throne.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every sensible person used a one handed sword, so the weight of two handed swords is inconsequential.
Keep in mind Westeros is NOT actually medieval Europe. While the smaller and lighter swords were more effective in reality, Westeros seems to have a lot ofbig motherfuckerswho might have used something larger.

Some of whom use 2H swords with 1H.

8T4jeC3.jpg

edit: Speaking of big motherfuckers, I hope they find a way to do Left and Right, but I guess we're beyond where they'd have been introduced. You wouldn't even need actors really, hire the Lopez twins from the NBA. Not like the characters talk or anything=P