GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Good move. They should've never cast that pencil as the fucking mountain. This will save one of the best tournament fights in the series.

this fuckin' guy:

2r5yt6q.jpg

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
A shame they couldn't get Conan Stevens back but this guy is already infinitely better than the fucking beanpole they got for season 2. Hopefully he doesn't sound like Christopher Lee either.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He's the fucking Mountain. Hercules except he's a poppy-addict, not a raging alcoholic.

I'll always picture that Brian Blessed lookalike, Conan whatever.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
the original guy that played the mountain should've stayed on. this kid looks the part, but he's supposed to be the older clegane. he looks way younger than sandor

i think the dude playingthe red viper of el dornois gonna do a good job.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I approve of the mountain recast. You dont need an actor to play the mountain's role. You need a big fucking dude. Acting could possibly be a detriment to that role

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Great recast. Can't wait for Red Viper vs. The Mountain. Besides Robert vs Rhaegar, that's one of the coolest 1v1 fights in the books.

1138566_1351978387323_full.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Robert vs. Rhaegar isn't in the books...is it? Vague description of how it ended(Bobby B and his signature hammer to the chest) but nothing detailed or anything.

There's really only 2 truly extended one on one fights I can think of, both of them duels. Viper/Mountain and Bronn/Old knight dude in the Eyrie. Oh and I guess Jaime/Brienne went on a while, though only Jaime was really going all out the whole time. Oh, Hound vs. Beric too I guess, more than I thought when I started. In general he keeps the 1 on 1 fights pretty brief, like I imagine they would be in reality. Areo Hotah kersplatting Arys Oakheart for example. Even Jon and Halfhand was pretty short if I remember it right(possible I do not).

Random derail, whatevs.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ned v jamie. Jon v mance. Theons sis's epic hatchet fight with the hill people. Brienne v lady stoneheart's men. Barristan v that bodyguard dude protecting dany's new hubby. There are more.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Only fully exposed tournament style duel of those was Bronn vs Old Knight Dude. Wasn't ned vs Jamie extremely short in the books? I don't remember.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Barristan vs Khrazz was fucking awesome.

Ser Barristan turned with him. "This coward is about to kill you, ser."

Martin, George R.R. (2011-07-12). A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five (p. 885). Random House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Series has some of the best fantasy shit talking one liners.

Jaime meeting Loras on his return...

"Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I'll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Barristans fight was indeed awesome. Best part of book 5. Greyjoy chick's fight was against multiple fighters but she fought one dude for a while. Ned v jamie was valid and much talked about on the old board. Brienne fought that one dude then biter or whatever fuck his name jumped her and chewed her up.
smile.png

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
not tournament style, but there's Belwas against Meereen guy with a lance.

Belwas eats liver & onions before the fight, beheads the guy, takes a shit, then goes and eats more liver & onions.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good example of what I was talking about where it's actually a pretty short fight. Belwas toys with him for a minute then fucks his shit up. GRRM keeps it somewhat realistic like Abercrombie. Swords are fuckin' dangerous, I highly doubt many 30 minute fights went on like in a Salvatore novel. Both guys perfectly timing and countering every move, no one gets cut...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I approve of the mountain recast. You dont need an actor to play the mountain's role. You need a big fucking dude. Acting could possibly be a detriment to that role
Agreed. The mountain barely even speaks. As long as he is huge and can be taught to sword fight somewhat convincingly he will be better than the last dude.