GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh, man. I forgot all about John From Cincinnati. Thanks for reminding me, pricks.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
rrr_img_57620.png

khorum

Murder Apologist
John From Cincinnati made no goddamn sense. It was like some kind of art school coffeehouse bullshit. The fact that it cost us Deadwood is even worse.

Cocksuckers.
They needed to expose the main theme much earlier in the first season. As notorious as he is for nuance and indirect exposition they really needed something more than the acronym of the show title to telegraph that it was about the Jesus story set in contemporary America.

The show spent too much time establishing the support personalities before explaining that shaun was some kind of prodigy kid. By the time he comes back from the dead the audience didn't even care anymore.

Almost as underdeveloped was Luck. Hard to know whether to blame Michael Mann or Dustin Hoffman for how plodding and dry that show felt until the last third of the season.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I never even watched Luck, I told myself I would hold off until they had a couple of seasons out and it got good reviews. Looks like I made the right call.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I liked Luck as well. Was disappointed it got canned because of the damn horses.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
PETA didn't shut them down directly. Milch finally had to acknowledge that using older racehorses for high speed, slow motion scenes was just too dangerous for the animals. It's not like a single injury shut them down, it was a few horses who had to be put down.

It was a good show, though. I really enjoyed Hoffman in it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
PETA didn't shut them down directly. Milch finally had to acknowledge that using older racehorses for high speed, slow motion scenes was just too dangerous for the animals. It's not like a single injury shut them down, it was a few horses who had to be put down.

It was a good show, though. I really enjoyed Hoffman in it.
I didn't watch it, how integral to the show were those scenes?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The show focused very heavily on horse racing. I imagine using only stock footage for that stuff wouldn't really be possible while maintaining the quality of the direction, etc.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Correct. Not to mention it focused on very specific horses and jockeys. It'd be hard to find stock footage that could be made to look similar. You'd spend a fortune digitally altering the horse and rider.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I liked the swagger that the other guy had, but I like how this one looks. For one, he actually has a beard. The other guy looked like he couldn't even grow facial hair.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
new daario is that dude in the brown leather armor in the last photo? wow, i remember the book daario as being flamboyant in his dress as liberace at a cub scout meeting.