GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
how exactly were they foreshadowing whats gonna happen to Joffrey and Tywin? i must have missed it...or it was really really subtile...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think people know that Joffrey will be married this season and that's it. There was no real foreshadowing that he would be killed there, unless I missed it.

The Tywin stuff is truly fucked up, but even reading it I had no idea that Tyrion would actually kill him.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You're full of "knowing too much" to even think there was foreshadowing on either joffrey, let alone tywin. If you have no idea what happens, and you saw that trailer you would think nothing more than; "Oh! Joffrey is back and so is Tywin, sweet!
Or maybe, Fuck Joffrey, why isn't he dead yet?!
but honestly... if you thought there was foreshadowing you're nuts.

That shits like saying there is foreshadowing that oberyn dies because hes seen spinning around with a spear and the mountain was seen briefly. Come on.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah all the show watchers who I have shown the trailer to (not book readers) think it shows that the "Dragon Queen" (Daenerys) is going to invade Joffrey's kingdom, and that Jon Snow will ride down with an army to avenge his brothers death.

I do wonder if they are going to snip snip a lot of book 4 & 5, there is a lot of stuff in there that ends up being pretty ... useless.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Purple Wedding.
rrr_img_56591.jpg

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
I do wonder if they are going to snip snip a lot of book 4 & 5, there is a lot of stuff in there that ends up being pretty ... useless.
They'll probably have to do like 80% of 4+5 in one season, have the finale be drogon flying off with Dany + Cersei getting arrested + Griff landing in Westeros or something like that. Then finish off the rest of it + new stuff in season 6. If they go purely chronological without Martin's character split then Season 5 is going to be half the characters traveling and half the characters failing at leadership.

And turtles (added just for Grimm).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
yeah all the show watchers who I have shown the trailer to (not book readers) think it shows that the "Dragon Queen" (Daenerys) is going to invade Joffrey's kingdom, and that Jon Snow will ride down with an army to avenge his brothers death.

Yeah I think because in the trailer it shows the dragon's shadow over the kingdom. I'm not really sure what scene that's supposed to be, maybe a flashback? I don't even know.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
pretty much certain it will continue as long as it makes money....never put it past them to milk it untill the cow is long dead.
HBO has no history of letting a show run too long just to milk it for more money. You are getting them confused with Showtime(Dexter, Weeds)

HBO's history says they're more likely to stop a show prematurely(Rome, Deadwood) if anything.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
His head was shaved in the book right? I know they didn't show it last season, maybe it's part of that?

He looks much less cocky with the shorter hair, so maybe that is part of it too.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I hope he is wearing a gold glove and they aren't going to do that weird real hand holds the fake hand prop so his arm/wrist looks super long, it is really distracting.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You mean like the reality of shoving a golden hand over someone's stump would be awkward and distracting?

Jaime = Hellboy

rrr_img_56732.jpg

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
HBO has no history of letting a show run too long just to milk it for more money. You are getting them confused with Showtime(Dexter, Weeds)

HBO's history says they're more likely to stop a show prematurely(Rome, Deadwood) if anything.
Rome and Deadwood were both incredibly expensive productions. Unless it pulls in ultra ratings and sales (previously True Blood, now GoT), they don't have much incentive to let the show go on for a long time. Low rated stuff like 'Girls' gets to stay on because it probably costs next to nothing to produce and it has been able to generate media buzz.