GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've never actually skipped chapters or pages, but the most soul-crushing thing is reading a bad ass chapter with Arya, turning the page and seeing "DAVOS". I've put the book down and went to sleep many many times from that happening.

The plot to kill Joff was always a secret one, especially in the book. I specifically remember reading it and thinking "oh he's just going to get saved by someone ... any minute now ... yeah he's not, wow did he just really fucking die?" At this point I don't think anyone would actually suspect Olenna and they DEFINITELY wouldn't expect Littlefinger, which, to my memory, is exactly how it played out in the books.
Indeed. I remember having to re-read that section thinking I missed something. You're never really given any foresight into his death in the books. I mean, you know everyone wants to kill him but no one is going to dare do it.

Had to ask my wife after I read it "Did he just die? I think he did, but.. ????"

Chris

Potato del Grande
I can see the tv viewer getting confused as hell if Dontos is the one smuggling Sansa to Littlefinger's boat since there is literally no context in the show for why. I was actually surprised they brought him back.
Especially since they set up not having Dontos be a part of it by having Littlefinger already reveal himself, in the book you don't find out about him until your on the ship.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Especially since they set up not having Dontos be a part of it by having Littlefinger already reveal himself, in the book you don't find out about him until your on the ship.
yea, being so upfront about littlefinger has been one of the few major mistakes they've made in the show. I feel the whole wedding would have more impact if they left him as more of a question mark. Even in the books, it really doesn't all come together until he kills lyssa. At that point, you really realize just how much shit he's behind. That could of been a spectacular reveal, but instead its just going to be a shocking moment.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
no surprise but HBO just renewed Game of Thrones for 2 more seasons.
So AFFC season's 1 and 2? Wait, I'm sure they'll have to combine the stories (since they're during the same timeframe, anyway) so does that mean 4 seasons for AFFC/ADWD?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They recently stated the series would wrap in 7 seasons TOTAL. With that said I have no fucking idea how they're planning on doing that.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
They recently stated the series would wrap in 7 seasons TOTAL. With that said I have no fucking idea how they're planning on doing that.
There's so much filler in ADWD that there would be plenty of scenes for them to cut/ignore. Who knows how books 6 and 7 will go, though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Book 6 is secretly the last book. There will be a one paragraph epilogue explaining that the zombies kill everything in Westeros and R'hllor covers the land in fire to exterminate them. Nothing lives and the "Game" was for nothing. PS: Fuck You.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am not sure the new Daario is an improvement over the old one. Time will tell I guess. Prince Oberon has some potential, seems like he is here to take a piece out of the Lanisters ass.
I like how the new Daario doesn't look like the dude who gave Arya the coin out of Haren Hall

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Would an 8th season be the magical point where the costs of the show suddenly explode?
It gets exponentially more expensive to keep the actors in contracts that long. Switching Daario is one thing, but switching Jon Snow wouldn't go over nearly as well. That said, does anyone have a source for the "7 seasons total" thing?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If he bites it this week I'm scared about how it comes together. It seems from the TV narrative and timelines the other major character deaths you could go back and put the pieces together in retrospect that lead to the plot / their demise. Ned was always in a position to be killed, Rob and Catelyn walked in to a trap which they fairly showed orchestrated. So far I think it'd be hard to point to a plot to kill Joff based on anything we've seen. The conversations with Margaery, Mom, and Sansa haven't been that heavy handed, have they? If they try to shove all that in one 58 minute episode his death won't be that shocking maybe? Eh... I'm rambling at this point, I'll love it either way, that little twat has done an incredible job with the character.
See I disagree with this. I was surprised when it happened, but then I thought about how many different people could have realistically done it. It wouldn't be out of place for him to croak, for Tywin to ask Cersei to leave the room, ask for someone to throw Joffrey's corpse off the wall and just put Tommen in a chair next to Margery and be done with it. People would stand up, be shocked and think, "You know, nobody is going to admit to doing this but really nobody will miss him."

I actually think more people will blame Tywin than Olenna because A: Tywin has been so dismissive of Joffrey in the past (which is imo a strategic mistake of his that's an important flaw in his character. His overpowering character stifles every Lannister and leaves a massive power gap on his death). B: The death is pinned on his son Tyrion.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Tywin wanted the same goddamn thing, but when he saw a way to get rid of Tyrion he popped a golden hardon.

I thought Tywin was in on it when I read it the first time. Or at least strongly suspected him out of the long list of possibles, heh.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
And Ned died twice too
frown.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
So AFFC season's 1 and 2? Wait, I'm sure they'll have to combine the stories (since they're during the same timeframe, anyway) so does that mean 4 seasons for AFFC/ADWD?
AFFC has already started for some characters. They showed "the feast" at the end of the last episode with Arya.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
See I disagree with this. I was surprised when it happened, but then I thought about how many different people could have realistically done it. It wouldn't be out of place for him to croak, for Tywin to ask Cersei to leave the room, ask for someone to throw Joffrey's corpse off the wall and just put Tommen in a chair next to Margery and be done with it. People would stand up, be shocked and think, "You know, nobody is going to admit to doing this but really nobody will miss him."

I actually think more people will blame Tywin than Olenna because A: Tywin has been so dismissive of Joffrey in the past (which is imo a strategic mistake of his that's an important flaw in his character. His overpowering character stifles every Lannister and leaves a massive power gap on his death). B: The death is pinned on his son Tyrion.
Yeah after reading the responses and reminders of how it played out in book it makes more sense now and i stand corrected. My last reread was sometime before AFFC came out so it is kinda jumbled for me, but i appreciate the corrections!