GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
They've done that in the past on the show...show a location in the opening credits, but it doesn't show up in that episode. I'm pretty sure that was the case with The Eeyrie.
I think it's probably the best opening credits sequence ever. Every episode I closely watch it to pick up on the various locations shown, see if there's a new place shown.

Re: places shown and not in that ep:
They've shown Winterfell for a long time and we haven't had a scene set there in several episodes. But then the show is heavily Stark centered.

Also there was the episode that showed the defense of Kings Landing and the battle of Blackwater Bay, the whole episode showed no other story-line.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I actually really enjoyed Feast for Crows largely due to the Jaime and Cersei chapters. She is one crazy lady and by far the most entertaining female to read. Dance with Dragons had some really great scenes as well. I enjoyed them both. I cannot imagine skipping chapters in this series. People have the attention span of a spastic toddler it seems.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You'd think that Sansa would be happier with the deal, tbh. Yeah.. he's an ugly little mutant dwarf. On the other hand... he's not Jeoffry.
Sansa seems to be really stuck on physical appearance. She's a typical spoiled teenager. At least in season 1.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Cersei's pov chapters being some of the more entertaining of the last couple books. Maybe it's just schaedenfreude seeing her get fucked up after her being such a cunt for so long.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Little bit of the schadenfreude, but for me it really helps explain why things spiraled out of control so fast at the end of first book. Her and Caitlin really are equally crazy and do what they think is best out of love and protection of their families, which brings both sides to a head.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So does Joffery bite it this week or next?
If it's not next week I hope they don't show a bunch more wedding stuff. I think Joffrey is due for one more, "Oh King Beiber needs to get fucked up immediately" scene, but I couldn't give a shit about the wedding preparations.

spronk

FPS noob
grrm wrote next weeks episode (he writes one per season - blackwater battle, red wedding) so its pretty much gonna be the PURPLE WEDDING

il_570xN.429659266_h7fr.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Much hope for dorf jousting
The description I read on Comcast's tv thingy said something about people being unappreciative of his entertainment choice.. so I'm thinking dorf jousting. They need to properly introduce Penny for when Book 5 comes out. Either that or they'll do something fucking retarded like make Gendry joust and put him into a situation he wasn't in in the books (like in Melisandre's bedchamber).

khalid

Unelected Mod
The description I read on Comcast's tv thingy said something about people being unappreciative of his entertainment choice.. so I'm thinking dorf jousting. They need to properly introduce Penny for when Book 5 comes out. Either that or they'll do something fucking retarded like make Gendry joust and put him into a situation he wasn't in in the books (like in Melisandre's bedchamber).
You know if Ros was still alive, she would be in this.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If he bites it this week I'm scared about how it comes together. It seems from the TV narrative and timelines the other major character deaths you could go back and put the pieces together in retrospect that lead to the plot / their demise. Ned was always in a position to be killed, Rob and Catelyn walked in to a trap which they fairly showed orchestrated. So far I think it'd be hard to point to a plot to kill Joff based on anything we've seen. The conversations with Margaery, Mom, and Sansa haven't been that heavy handed, have they? If they try to shove all that in one 58 minute episode his death won't be that shocking maybe? Eh... I'm rambling at this point, I'll love it either way, that little twat has done an incredible job with the character.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Of course they do, although I never skip paragraphs or chapters (???). Some people are impatient when they read, so when book 4 rolls out and 25% of the book is Cersei chapters everyone gets all up in arms. I found her stuff interesting. GRRM writes certain "dumb" things in great detail, but he's telling the story he wants in the way he wants. While some segments are a bit obtuse, I don't think anything is boring enough to skip, certainly in book 1-3. Book 4 is a little slower, and Book 5 you can tell GRRM doesn't really know where he wants the story to go.

These are definitely worth the read. In the very least, listen to the audio books. Roy Dotrice is masterful at what he does when reading these books, plus you can hear him moan from the pleasure of a penis going into his vagina.
I've never actually skipped chapters or pages, but the most soul-crushing thing is reading a bad ass chapter with Arya, turning the page and seeing "DAVOS". I've put the book down and went to sleep many many times from that happening.

If he bites it this week I'm scared about how it comes together. It seems from the TV narrative and timelines the other major character deaths you could go back and put the pieces together in retrospect that lead to the plot / their demise. Ned was always in a position to be killed, Rob and Catelyn walked in to a trap which they fairly showed orchestrated. So far I think it'd be hard to point to a plot to kill Joff based on anything we've seen. The conversations with Margaery, Mom, and Sansa haven't been that heavy handed, have they? If they try to shove all that in one 58 minute episode his death won't be that shocking maybe? Eh... I'm rambling at this point, I'll love it either way, that little twat has done an incredible job with the character.
The plot to kill Joff was always a secret one, especially in the book. I specifically remember reading it and thinking "oh he's just going to get saved by someone ... any minute now ... yeah he's not, wow did he just really fucking die?" At this point I don't think anyone would actually suspect Olenna and they DEFINITELY wouldn't expect Littlefinger, which, to my memory, is exactly how it played out in the books.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can see the tv viewer getting confused as hell if Dontos is the one smuggling Sansa to Littlefinger's boat since there is literally no context in the show for why. I was actually surprised they brought him back.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never actually skipped chapters or pages, but the most soul-crushing thing is reading a bad ass chapter with Arya, turning the page and seeing "DAVOS". I've put the book down and went to sleep many many times from that happening.
Or anyone from the Iron Islands...