GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've still got some hope that Sansa will turn into a late-blooming combination of the best qualities of Catelyn Stark, Margery Tyrell and Petyr Baelish. And will out-littlefinger Littlefinger and take the Vale for her own.
Sansa going to fuck shit up before it is all said and done, there is no doubt about it.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've still got some hope that Sansa will turn into a late-blooming combination of the best qualities of Catelyn Stark, Margery Tyrell and Petyr Baelish. And will out-littlefinger Littlefinger and take the Vale for her own.
I think it's kind of a given, she's lasted this long without dying there's going to be much more to her character. But still, so far in the books it's just been shit the whole way down.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I also liked how last episode the hound says lots of cunts name their sword and whats the first thing joffery wants to do with his new sword?
Am I the only one that nerd squealed when someone yelled out "Stormbringer" when Joffrey was asking what to name his sword? I can't remember if that was actually in the book or not, but I thought it was a nice nod.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bran's section this episode was weird.. I can't remember, but doesn't he only get those visions once he becomes a green seer or whatever the frig it's called?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Am I the only one that nerd squealed when someone yelled out "Stormbringer" when Joffrey was asking what to name his sword? I can't remember if that was actually in the book or not, but I thought it was a nice nod.
I did. Don't remember it being in the books but thought it was an awesome reference.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bran's section this episode was weird.. I can't remember, but doesn't he only get those visions once he becomes a green seer or whatever the frig it's called?
He's been having visions for a while, but he'll only make sense of those visions once he gets his jedi training. I don't think the details of his visions are that important. GRRM did last night's episode and he usually deviates from the books more than anyone else.

If the story ends with him getting crazy multi-dimension/time control ala bioshock infinite that'll crack me up and piss me off.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
do people give a shit about the cripple boy's POV? it's dumb.
Both his Jon Snow's stories aren't very exciting right now. Bran's story just had way too much mystery to it. It'll go somewhere eventually, but it feels very Lord of the Rings-esque. It's mostly just boring travel at this point.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
This fucking wedding, I felt uncomfortable just from looking at it. Imagine you're one of the people who had to attend an actual tyrant's wedding.

Bran has visions from the moment he fell down the tower, he's just being trained to utilize it to slip into the wolf and they're getting closer to their destination. Don't see how it's weird that he's getting more susceptible to talking ravens now.

If the story ends with him getting crazy multi-dimension/time control ala bioshock infinite that'll crack me up and piss me off.
Brans arc is stupid, so let's hope Sansa wins. Justice prevails.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean, he touched the tree and had visions of the past. Doesn't that happen when he gets jedi training? I understand his visions but I thought the tree stuff was fairly significant to his later plot.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
His visions after he eats the paste are far more substantial. They aren't just flashing by, he sees each moment with detail and they last a while.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm now thinking that Sansa killed him with the help of the fool. Why would he need to be mentioned this season at all? We had forgotten him probably. Was the necklace he gave Sansa holding a poison in it somehow? Did she just get really lucky and have to go under the table to get Joffrey's cup? Then when the fool wisks her away like he know's what's going on. We shall find out I suppose.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I mean, he touched the tree and had visions of the past. Doesn't that happen when he gets jedi training? I understand his visions but I thought the tree stuff was fairly significant to his later plot.
Yeah, he doesn't start seeing the visions with his dad until he gets his jedi training. But I think it's better they even out the crazy shit in his plot slowly. Plus it makes people care more about his story since they see where the payoff is going to be. I know reading through it and seeing the other wargs doing cool shit while Bran was being a pain in the ass for three books was pretty tiring.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
His visions in the show weren't just of the past. Some of them clearly weren't. The shadow of the dragon flying over what looked like King's Landing for example, or the ruined throne room covered in snow (I guess one interpretation would be he is seeing Dany's previous vision but it could also be he is having the same vision of a possible future).

One interesting thing about the dragon vision. It never shows the dragon itself. Could it be that Bran eventually gains the ability to warg into a dragon, even from great distances, and the vision is what he one day sees through the dragon's eyes?

Will the rotting horse end up being Cold Hand's mount? (I know it was an elk in the books but that's something I could easily see them changing for ease/expense of shooting).

Tea_sl

shitlord
Yeah, he doesn't start seeing the visions with his dad until he gets his jedi training. But I think it's better they even out the crazy shit in his plot slowly. Plus it makes people care more about his story since they see where the payoff is going to be. I know reading through it and seeing the other wargs doing cool shit while Bran was being a pain in the ass for three books was pretty tiring.
Yeah, it's a really solid editorial decision to speed up Bran's arc from the books. I fucking love Bran's story, but god damn it is slow going in the books.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
One interesting thing about the dragon vision. It never shows the dragon itself. Could it be that Bran eventually gains the ability to warg into a dragon, even from great distances, and the vision is what he one day sees through the dragon's eyes?
The perspective of the shot could not have been from the dragon's POV. Bran eventually warging into one of the dragons is a popular theory but I don't think that scene did anything to push the theory forward.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
His visions in the show weren't just of the past. Some of them clearly weren't. The shadow of the dragon flying over what looked like King's Landing for example, or the ruined throne room covered in snow (I guess one interpretation would be he is seeing Dany's previous vision but it could also be he is having the same vision of a possible future).

Will the rotting horse end up being Cold Hand's mount? (I know it was an elk in the books but that's something I could easily see them changing for ease/expense of shooting).
It very well could have been the past he was seeing there.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It very well could have been the past he was seeing there.
Arguably it could have been from when the Targs conquered the Seven Kingdoms, but that would be unusual in that none of the other visions are of a past that distant.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That is what I thought; wasn't there a quick cut of a black-clad rider as well? I am looking forward to that for the sole reason of them being unable to hide his identity; will finally get confirmation on who Coldhands is. At least, I hope so, hehe.

I also agree with you about Bran warging into the dragon, and that's what the vision is. I always thought that it would eventually be revealed that warging was how the Targaryens controlled dragons; it wasn't by taming them. Warging or mystical means - like the horn Victarion/Euron has, I forget which one of them ends up with it. Of course, Dany doesn't know this, she thinks she can control them just by virtue of being a Targaryen, which I am sure will lead to woe before the end for someone. Though, this being ASoIaF, everything eventually leads to woe for someone.