GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really don't like the idea of the show starting to drop huge spoilers on unreleased book material. Not trying to maintain any lame ass book reader/nostradouche elitism, I just really want to read the stuff first. :\
Yeah totally disagree in this case. There is no writing that could have blown my mind more than seeing what happened last night. When they showed the night's king I about shit my pants.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When that guy, whoever the fuck he was, was going on and on about how no one could kill him and he would kill all these people - I was seriously hoping one of the girls or nutsack head was going to stab him and kill him.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it interesting that they rolled out a Jaime being a nice guy episode.

He went and listened to Tyrion, got a read on Cersei's plans / desires. Information which he then used to take the best course of action ( well a pretty good one considering ). That being to send Breanne off to find and rescue Sansa while reminding her of their debt to Lady Stark.

Oh and also helping Tyrion's page ( sorry the name escapes me ) at the same time.
Podrick, and who is to say Jamie isn't just using Breanne to track Sansa?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I'm in the same boat where I just figure the show will end before the books. I'd rather have the show version at this point.

Column_sl

shitlord
Thought the whole point of that was to get Podrick out as well Brienne.

There is that whole scene where Cersei mentions her distaste for Brienne, and Jamie cringes at her words.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I was expecting Jamie to offer a quicky for the road to Brienne... now if she and The Hound have kids it will the world must ugly Bad Ass.

Column_sl

shitlord
I was expecting Jamie to offer a quicky for the road to Brienne... now if she and The Hound have kids it will the world must ugly Bad Ass.
rrr_img_65626.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I honestly don't get the anger about spoilers from the show vs book; I mean, no matter what the book is going to be interesting just for the inner thoughts. And "big events", for me, are much more exciting on screen, in my opinion (I like books for information, but nothing beats a live action scene for exciting, again my opinion). I'd much rather have a book spoiled by a show, than the other way around.

But really, I'm just happy that no matter what, this story will end. Nothing worse than a series that doesn't get finished. Now, no matter what, I'll probably get to see the ending, one form or another.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so.....the white walkers are the babies which those dudes were abandoning?now i understand why they are pissed

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'm on board with the shows now being the main story. I will still gladly read the books if/when they come out, but I'm happy knowing that the show will most likely tie up the story per Martin's guidance.

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
It's amusing that some book readers are crying foul about "possible" book spoilers when for the past seasons they have derived immense pleasure providing show viewers with spoilers. As both a viewer and reader I don't have any issues at all with book spoilers being present in the show going forward.

iannis

Musty Nester
The most shocking character that GRRM ever kills off: The Author

Releasing the outline to HBO and giving them production rights to it basically lets him off the hook for ever having to finish those books.

I mean I'm not saying it to be a dick. Be joyful about 4 more seasons and the official seal of approval on them if you're a fan of the books.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Including "Night's King" there are 13 White Walkers at the end, so the symbolism there lends to that theory since he was the 13th Lord Commander of the Watch.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah totally disagree in this case. There is no writing that could have blown my mind more than seeing what happened last night. When they showed the night's king I about shit my pants.
Yea I'm the opposite. I'd rather be spoiled in the books because there is more exposition/context in the books that ever could happen in the show. The red wedding reveal is one example that the show cannot 'surprise' in such a way that the books did. I liked how the show did the red wedding, but it's not even close to the scenery that's in the book of the same event.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Also for a while I've been wondering the use of the phrase "Valar Margolus" it was first said by the face changer assassin then I heard the Red Witch say it to that guy who was sliced through the shoulder by the hound and then bought back to life. When the guys drew straws ( coins or something ) to kill daenerys and Fabio won he said "Valar Margolus" then showed up at her tent with their heads.

So I haven't been sure if it's some religious sect or some sub-culture that are more magical who use it as their motto, or if it's just some generic phrase that's used as a greeting or mantra in the whole GRRM world. I haven't read the books so I'm totally taking what I can from the TV show ( plus I'm known to miss the point at times )

So on this weeks show when the Grey Worm went into the passages under the city and spoke with the slaves locked in there. He greeted them with the words "Valar Margolus" and the scene had sub-titles which came up as 'All men must die'

Like I said, I haven't read the books ( book readers are probably laughing at me now ) but this new translation of Valar Margolus is pretty interesting

- - - - -

Also Cindy Margolis:

rrr_img_65628.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What happens when Martin never includes the scene we just witnessed with the Night's King in any of the books?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What happens when Martin never includes the scene we just witnessed with the Night's King in any of the books?
It's possible, which goes with my theory that I don't think the show is married to the books once it reaches a certain point since it's a forgone conclusion that the books will not be done in time. Most tv viewers aren't going to care since most are probably not going to read the books anyway. This is not uncommon either, shows based off of books usually branch off more than others.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the more i think about the craster's keep scenes the more i get rustled thinking about how shit that was. that was a great episode up until that point. why would ghost get captured? why would they keep him alive? why would bran as a warg be captured while looking for a crying baby?. the baby is this way and crasters is another way. sure you could say he heard another wolf howling. yeah and? the point of his warging was the baby, bran does not speak wolf or dire wolf, he can control their minds but he cant understand the language, can he? so he runs off after a baby, gets sidetracked by a wolf howl. then gets captured, then makes everyone else get captured because he is tarded. now he is a damsel in distress. fucking shameful. worst scene in the whole series. i rather have more faggot scenes than have to see this stupidity again.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
People are being way too hard on HBO. Unlike Martins books they have to keep continuity rolling. They can't introduce the White Walkers in the very first scene/chapter and then ignore them until book 6. They also have to release their product in a timely manner and not tell people just hold on until I get around to it.