GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least we got to see the morally questionable side of Daenerys again. Freeing slaves is one thing, orchestrating a violent revolt and executing civilian prisoners is quite another. Maybe she's going insane like the Targaryen Mad King that liked to burn people. What sort of bothers me about her story is that she seems happier just steamrolling the eastern continent, taking back the seven kingdoms seems like a needless complication at this point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
the more i think about the craster's keep scenes the more i get rustled thinking about how shit that was. that was a great episode up until that point. why would ghost get captured? why would they keep him alive? why would bran as a warg be captured while looking for a crying baby?. the baby is this way and crasters is another way. sure you could say he heard another wolf howling. yeah and? the point of his warging was the baby, bran does not speak wolf or dire wolf, he can control their minds but he cant understand the language, can he? so he runs off after a baby, gets sidetracked by a wolf howl. then gets captured, then makes everyone else get captured because he is tarded. now he is a damsel in distress. fucking shameful. worst scene in the whole series. i rather have more faggot scenes than have to see this stupidity again.
Yeah they could have used a quick scene where Branwolf hears another direwolf and changes target, and I blame Meera Reed for them getting captured. I really don't buy that a bunch of drunk night's watch bros could sneak up on her in the snow.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I had to pick a "new" plotline to be annoyed at, I'd pick the Bran one. Just seems dumb and pointless.

The Night's King thing was cool and really jarring because now you have to completely change your perspective on how you view the show, at least in my opinion.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The Bran/Craster subplot is pretty bad. But even though it was never specifically alluded to, it's not shocking nor surprising that the white walkers take the baby sacrifices to the Fortress of Solitude for zombification.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the Bran thing is a completely new thing added and much more deserving of criticism than the white walker stuff. We simply have no perspective on the white walkers, so I'm cool with them showing us stuff with them. I agree that the Bran stuff is kind of lame, as is how easily the direwolves are captured by the rebel Night's Watch crew.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My theory was that because the Bran storyline goes absolutely nowhere for like 3 more years at least, the showrunners are just giving him shit to do since they pay the actor anyways.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, they were either food for some local zombie lord or it was something worse. There was no way that craster baby sacrifices were good news.

Turns out it was something worse.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah he's killing Ygritte, or is helping Jon do it. Doesn't Jon arrow Ygritte in the end?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
In the book he finds her dying and is relieved to see that it's not his arrow stuck in her IIRC.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
In the book he finds her dying and is relieved to see that it's not his arrow stuck in her IIRC.
Yeah, but I thought she was already dead. Jon was worried he killed her, then realized the fletching wasn't from one of his arrows iirc.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No, she's alive. I think she gives him one more "You know nothing..." then croaks.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My theory was that because the Bran storyline goes absolutely nowhere for like 3 more years at least, the showrunners are just giving him shit to do since they pay the actor anyways.
I think it annoys me more that Jon knows that Bran is alive and he would be north of the wall because he was looking for a wilding camp. It completely fucks up the narrative of Stannis presenting Jon with the Winterfell decision (which doesn't lead anywhere, but still...). Much the same way that it was annoying that Tywin acknowledged that Dany had dragons and it was only a matter of time before she attacked.

So now with the Jon storyline, is he going to rescue Bran or are they going to pass each other in the North like ships in the night?

Chris

Potato del Grande
"Valar Morghulis" is Valryrian (I think) for "All men must die", as explained by Jacen in S2. Just a common "greeting" in foreign places.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Valar dohaeris - All men must serve

Valar Morghulis - All men must die

They are just common sayings.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also for a while I've been wondering the use of the phrase "Valar Margolus" it was first said by the face changer assassin then I heard the Red Witch say it to that guy who was sliced through the shoulder by the hound and then bought back to life. When the guys drew straws ( coins or something ) to kill daenerys and Fabio won he said "Valar Margolus" then showed up at her tent with their heads.

So I haven't been sure if it's some religious sect or some sub-culture that are more magical who use it as their motto, or if it's just some generic phrase that's used as a greeting or mantra in the whole GRRM world. I haven't read the books so I'm totally taking what I can from the TV show ( plus I'm known to miss the point at times )

So on this weeks show when the Grey Worm went into the passages under the city and spoke with the slaves locked in there. He greeted them with the words "Valar Margolus" and the scene had sub-titles which came up as 'All men must die'

Like I said, I haven't read the books ( book readers are probably laughing at me now ) but this new translation of Valar Margolus is pretty interesting
I'm not sure what you're getting at? They have said many times already valar margolus means all men must die. It seems it is just a saying in their world, like C'est le vie/That's life.
At least we got to see the morally questionable side of Daenerys again. Freeing slaves is one thing, orchestrating a violent revolt and executing civilian prisoners is quite another. Maybe she's going insane like the Targaryen Mad King that liked to burn people. What sort of bothers me about her story is that she seems happier just steamrolling the eastern continent, taking back the seven kingdoms seems like a needless complication at this point.
There is a difference between burning people because the voices in their head tell them to and crucifying slave owners, not saying it is right, but Daenerys believes she is answering injustice with justice, not solely killing people on a whim. From what I understand her bothering you be seamlessly steamrolling the eastern continent was boring and drawn out in the book as well. But hopefully she is going to be turning her attention to westeros soon, not sure if you saw the preview for next week at the end of the episode, but she asks how large her army is/can she take king's landing so we're getting there.