GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Unless I missed it before, last two episode titles were posted, confirms the battle at the Wall for episode 9, Tyrion's killing Tywin in 10. Maybe Bran meets the children of the forest.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So I've been avoiding this thread because I haven't read book 5 yet, but this season of GoT has me scratching my head.. Either I'm not remembering the books well, or they're starting to seriously deviate from the them. Did any of the below actually happen in the books?

1) Olenna/Littlefinger admitting that they conspired to kill Joffrey. As far as I remember this was still a mystery in book 4.
2) Night's Watch mutineers taking over Craster's house and Jon leading an expedition to kill them . Don't remember this.
3) Bran going to Crasters and getting caught. Don't remember this either.
4) Margaery buttering up Tommen.

Flank_sl

shitlord
So I've been avoiding this thread because I haven't read book 5 yet, but this season of GoT has me scratching my head.. Either I'm not remembering the books well, or they're starting to seriously deviate from the them. Did any of the below actually happen in the books?

1) Olenna/Littlefinger admitting that they conspired to kill Joffrey. As far as I remember this was still a mystery in book 4.
2) Night's Watch mutineers taking over Craster's house and Jon leading an expedition to kill them . Don't remember this.
3) Bran going to Crasters and getting caught. Don't remember this either.
4) Margaery buttering up Tommen.
1) Littlefinger reveals it in book 3.
2) Does not happen in the books.
3) Does not happen in the books.
4) Happens in the books, but perhaps not until book 4.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Read it wrong, my bad. Nonetheless, I don't recall anyone from that group going with them, just Daario. He made is two superiors headless and then swore allegiance to Dany and helped raid Yunkai.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
This is a silly question but the last episode had John meeting a guy with a scar who had some training in fighting. I had the feeling that I had seen that guy before. Is this the case and what is his deal?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did the scenes with Baelish on the boat feel like, utterly forced from him, moreso than usual to anyone else?

Like I really felt like the guy playing Baelish went over the top on the acting during this part. Hell, it sounded as if his accent even went a bit Scottish there for a minute before going back to his normal accent. ESPECIALLY right when Sansa got up into the boat 2 episodes ago. It was eye-rolling bad.

Fedor

<Banned>
This is a silly question but the last episode had John meeting a guy with a scar who had some training in fighting. I had the feeling that I had seen that guy before. Is this the case and what is his deal?
1366107962_handae.gif

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Did the scenes with Baelish on the boat feel like, utterly forced from him, moreso than usual to anyone else?

Like I really felt like the guy playing Baelish went over the top on the acting during this part. Hell, it sounded as if his accent even went a bit Scottish there for a minute before going back to his normal accent. ESPECIALLY right when Sansa got up into the boat 2 episodes ago. It was eye-rolling bad.
He's been doing the cartoon villain thing for a long time now. I think it's on purpose.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
That is Locke, a guy loyal to Roose Bolton. He was the one that captured Brienne and Jamie and cut his hand off (as the gif above shows). In episode 2, he comes back to the Dreadfort with Roose after the Red Wedding. He is in the room when Theon/Reek shaves Ramsay and Roose finds out that Theon didnt kill Bran and Rickon and that Jon Snow is Nights Watch and their half brother. He sends Ramsay and Reek to Moat Cailin and now I guess sent Locke to go after Bran and Rickon.

At first i thought it was a Locke look-a-like or Locke and wondered why he would be up there, and then remembered the scene at the Dreadfort.

Cybsled

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I'll say this: it's crossing into some unknown shit that I don't feel confortable seeing before reading.
Deal with it or stop watching. TV is a visual medium, thus "long game" elements have to be more concretely established or people start shitting about "deus ex machina" or bad writing if they are dropped out of nowhere. You don't have the benefit of tiny footnotes buried in text to fall back on. They can't totally ignore the Others like the books, esp if they play a larger role later on.

GRRM will never finish the series anyways, so just enjoy it.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Read it wrong, my bad. Nonetheless, I don't recall anyone from that group going with them, just Daario. He made is two superiors headless and then swore allegiance to Dany and helped raid Yunkai.
When Daario swears allegiance to Dany he says that the Second Sons are hers so the mercenaries are part of her army. If you look around the crowd scene after all the slaves revolt and are cheering for Dany you can see some mercenary looking folks in the crowd.

Also Locke was promised 1,000 acres and a holdfast by Roost Bolton if he found the Stark boys. That's why he is at Castle Black.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
So I have a question. If Tommen were to die now who is next in line for the throne? Would it go to the first male child of Marcela since she is considered to be the last child of King Robert or would it go to Stannis as the last direct male sibling of Robert? That would be fucked up if Stannis won the throne through succession and not war.

Flank_sl

shitlord
So I have a question. If Tommen were to die now who is next in line for the throne? Would it go to the first male child of Marcela since she is considered to be the last child of King Robert or would it go to Stannis as the last direct male sibling of Robert? That would be fucked up if Stannis won the throne through succession and not war.
The throne would go to whoever Tywin wanted it to go to.

In terms of line of succession, Stannis should be next in line after Tommen. However, they can just say that Stannis is a traitor and traitors should not be king. After Stannis, the next in line should be Robert's/Stannis' oldest uncle, if he has one. Otherwise Robert's uncles son, then grandon, then roberts great uncles son, etc.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I would say Stannis by default as he is the next male in line, unless Gendry pops his head up. Problem with that is 1. he is a bastard, 2. no way to prove he is Roberts son. If a female were to be eligible, it would be Marcella. Then it would probably go to Lannisters due to marriage.

Or as Flank said, whoever the most powerful person in charge wants.

heard a joke that the only two characters left in the end will be Rickon and Tommen playing marbles

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
If Marcella is in that line at all, it would be her first male son to get the throne sort of like the situation with Sansa's son being the first true heir to Winterfell. Its interesting because if that is the case, since Marcella is promised to the Dornish prince and is living with the Dornish people then that would be a HUGE shift in power from the Lannisters toward the Oberon family. They would become the ruling family of Westeros instead of the Lannisters.