GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Little Finger is responsible for pretty much all of the shit that we don't like that's happened in GoT.

He had crazy flying chick kill Jon Arryn, so Ned became the new hand. He sided with the Lannisters when Ned said that Joffery wasn't the true king, which ultimately got him killed.

By having him killed, it sent Rob into the war against the Lannisters. He had crazy lady send the letter saying that the lannisters killed her husband, which resulted in Katlin & Rob taking their army back to her castle. They got killed along the way.

Then he kills Joffery which causes Tyrion & Sansa to be accused. He's a real asshole that fucks everything good up.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You basically described all the major plot points of the show. So you're saying the entire show is stuff happening that no one likes?

Also the Starks are a bunch of arrogant fuck heads that I'm glad are all but wiped out.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And he did it all for love and revenge.

According to himself.

(he's resentful of people with money and power and his own lack of it, so he has a merry time bringing down others to elevate himself)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Xarpolis:

Your timeline is kinda jacked up. The letter to Catelyn saying the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn is in episode one and is the entire reason Ned decided to accept being the Hand of the King. The war between the Starks and the Lannisters pretty much started with Catelyn's kidnapping of Tyrion, who she thought tried to kill Bran thanks to (you guessed it) Littlefinger. Robb and his mom got killed not on their way to the Eyrie, but on their way back to Winterfell to reclaim the North that had been lost.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's a good point. I get the feeling he'll have a 'look where I came from' scene with Sansa sooner or later. Or the lords of the vale will talk shit to him about his origination.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My bad. I was going off of memory. I could have sworn the sister started freaking out later.

But yeah, he is ultimately the cause of everything if, for nothing else, that he had Jon Arryn killed. Without that 1 death, the Starks (arrogant or not), would be happily up north and out of everyone elses business.

Siliconemelons

Sansa is also being blamed for Joffs murder, they just can't find her. Tyrion's fate is irrelevant as far as LF is concerned I think. His goal was kill Joff, obtain Sansa, and then take advantage of whatever opportunity chaos provides. Tyrion dug his own hole.

What's fun about Littlefinger is some things he does are well planned, some simply capitalize on the moment, and most succeed well beyond what he ever intended - and the only information you get on which is which are his own words. (no POV chapters in the book, so nothing to spoil. Readers are as much in the dark as viewers. Ditto Varys and Tywin for major players without POV.)

Think about it. He has Lysa poison Jon Arryn and blame the Lannisters, knowing that Robert would run to his buddy Edd kick off a Stark/Lannister conflict. But Bran being pushed out of a window and someone* hiring a guy to finish the job and supplying him with a fucking Valyrian knife? Success way beyond Littlefinger's wildest dreams. He looks like a smug smiling idiot for a reason. The guy has to be laughing himself to death inside throughout all of this. When you think of him this way, Cucchinelli's portrayal makes total sense.

*can't remember how well the show spelled it out
*I believe the show expressly told us it was LF

Littlefinger I think has plans with tons of contingencies to put into play for randomness- and he is very willing to push the ball and watch it roll and have a long stick ready to push it again if needs be.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You basically described all the major plot points of the show. So you're saying the entire show is stuff happening that no one likes?

Also the Starks are a bunch of arrogant fuck heads that I'm glad are all but wiped out.
By stuff that no one likes I think he's saying all the bad stuff happening to good characters, or that he's the origination of the conflict and is the series' antagonist behind the scenes thus far. Most people didn't like Eddard being decapitated or the red wedding but I think everyone agrees that GoT would be awful if it was just Jon Arryn, Eddard and Bobby B joking about the good old times.

Tenks

By stuff that no one likes I think he's saying all the bad stuff happening to good characters, or that he's the origination of the conflict and is the series' antagonist behind the scenes thus far. Most people didn't like Eddard being decapitated or the red wedding but I think everyone agrees that GoT would be awful if it was just Jon Arryn, Eddard and Bobby B joking about the good old times.
Maybe that is my problem. With fiction I often divorce myself completely emotionally from characters and just enjoy the ride. All these deaths of the "good guys" is what makes GoT such an outstanding story. So I'm happy it happened and I like it happened. Because it makes for a great story.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe that is my problem. With fiction I often divorce myself completely emotionally from characters and just enjoy the ride. All these deaths of the "good guys" is what makes GoT such an outstanding story. So I'm happy it happened and I like it happened. Because it makes for a great story.
This is 100% true, but who wouldn't want to see Khal Drogo riding Artax, battling pre-nerf Jaime Lannister?

Tenks

This is 100% true, but who wouldn't want to see Khal Drogo riding Artax, battling pre-nerf Jaime Lannister?
I wonder if once ASOI&F is done being written if GRR will continue to explore some of the other story lines. Such as Ned & Robert taking the crown, Drogo'd rise to power, previous King's beyond the wall's stories. Things like that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if once ASOI&F is done being written if GRR will continue to explore some of the other story lines. Such as Ned & Robert taking the crown, Drogo'd rise to power, previous King's beyond the wall's stories. Things like that.
Aegon the Conqueror's story and Bobby B's rebellion are probably the most desired prequel storylines.