GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They did explain it and expanded on it a little further in his encounter with Cersei, but driving the point home visually with non-readers would have fleshed out that part of his motivation nicely.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Some of these new casting choices are awful. Daario has no personality and The Mountain looks like a big ol' teddy bear.
Yeah they're both pretty bad. Last Daario was a smug and cocky dude and this guy is just like a regular person. The Mountain is huge, but he doesn't look sinister as fuck like the first guy. The nailed it with Oberyn though. Dude is great in his role.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
When I was a kid, I really liked the David Eddings books. Littlefinger looks *exactly* on the show how I pictured Kheldar/Silk. Wish they'd make a TV show based on that.

And yeah, I imagined they didn't show his home simply because of the production costs that are better used elsewhere rather than on a 48 second scene saying "Hey I came from this shitty village." They did a good job establishing that with the dialogue about his home, and his conversation with his whores.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you'll notice there's been a pretty big lack of CGI this season, wonder if they spent it all on the invasion with all the giants and shit

Jait

Molten Core Raider
^That's what I'm thinking too. Or maybe just too many locations/production this year.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Almost every scene has some kind of visual effects. It's not only spent on dragons 'n shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
taQYnXC.jpg

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
There are references made to Littlefinger's humble beginnings scattered throughout the seasons. I remember this quote from Varys a season or two ago, "Littlefinger is one of the most dangerous men in Westeros. He was born with no lands, no money and no army. Now he has the first two, how long before he has an army?"

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I know, I've seen behind the scenes set stuff. I still think they are using significantly less than past seasons.
Yeah well it's gonna cost a lot of fuckin money to have wargs and giants and the mannis army and 99,000 fake wildlings in episode 9.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There are references made to Littlefinger's humble beginnings scattered throughout the seasons. I remember this quote from Varys a season or two ago, "Littlefinger is one of the most dangerous men in Westeros. He was born with no lands, no money and no army. Now he has the first two, how long before he has an army?"
And it'll probably end up being Sansa's fucking army in book 7 that reinforces the Targs/Wall/Bran/Whatever against the Others.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
*I believe the show expressly told us it was LF

Littlefinger I think has plans with tons of contingencies to put into play for randomness- and he is very willing to push the ball and watch it roll and have a long stick ready to push it again if needs be.
He was in King's Landing at the time. He had nothing to do with the attempt to finish off Bran.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
And it'll probably end up being Sansa's fucking army in book 7 that reinforces the Targs/Wall/Bran/Whatever againstDanny and her dragon friends.
FTFY

I really do think the Others/walkers have a significant chunk to add to the story other than being frost zombies.

All throughout the story, we hear about Aegon the Conqueror, and all the dragon shit, but it's not till Old Nan's shit is expounded with Bran Matrix-ing into the weirwoods that we start to get a better idea of what/who the Others really are. Plus, it would cheap to just make them magical ice zombie monsters.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
FTFY

I really do think the Others/walkers have a significant chunk to add to the story other than being frost zombies.

All throughout the story, we hear about Aegon the Conqueror, and all the dragon shit, but it's not till Old Nan's shit is expounded with Bran Matrix-ing into the weirwoods that we start to get a better idea of what/who the Others really are. Plus, it would cheap to just make them magical ice zombie monsters.
You really think Dany is the villain? Not saying you're wrong, that's interesting. Really never thought of the endgame plot as being anything other than Humans vs Others. Everything in between in the drama.

edit: As Kreugen just pointed out in the non-spoiler thread, I guess they forgot to explain that Joff was behind the knife attack on Bran.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
You really think Dany is the villain? Not saying you're wrong, that's interesting. Really never thought of the endgame plot as being anything other than Humans vs Others. Everything in between in the drama.

edit: As Kreugen just pointed out in the non-spoiler thread, I guess they forgot to explain that Joff was the one who tried to kill Bran.
I think there's a good chance she might be; although nothing like Maleficent or Bal Mora. I get the gist that when the dust settles, all magic, everything, will be wiped from the world and the seasons become like ours.

If the endgame is simply that the Others/walkers are bad, why go through all this horse shit with the north, when all you really need to do is focus on Dany, KL and the dragons?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's a lot of different ways it could go, but this shit is a song of ice and fire. It's probably going to be R'hllor + dragons vs iceBros with humans between. The other's motivation is unknown at this point, but it could either be 'kill all humans' 'get off my lawn' or 'holy shit Daenarys turned heel and now we need a giant army to stop her oh hey look others are here to help'.