GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khalid

Unelected Mod
He went down plenty badass in ep4. He was tearing people up, even after he was injured. I hope he isn't dead, but he had a sufficiently badass scene.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
That's my guess. I'm telling myself I won't watch them because I don't want to wait a month for episode 5 but I doubt I end up holding out. I just assumed that Mance was switched out until he started talking. Seems odd he'd give some Mance style talk if it was just some illusion. Did Rattleshirt say anything in the books before he got toasted?
Mancegate is not a thing. Dude is dead.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
"Until he started talking" - also, Ciaran Hinds doesn't appear to have any more episode credits.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the leaks are first for Game of Thrones? It seems HBO is usually pretty good about holding onto their shit till they want it out there.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, this is the first leak I can recall. My friend works for HBO Latino here in south Florida and apparently everyone in the company is basically under investigation for the leak. It's apparently a pretty big deal, especially since they just launched the HBO Now subscriptions.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My thoughts exactly. After Robert's rebellion all he did was fight tournaments. In open field, with full armor. Yes he was undoubtedly phenomenal in his prime, but in leather in really tight quarters where he couldn't do a full swing even if he tried, his odds were heavily against him. Unsullied being mowed down like that was mainly because 7 foot long spears in a 5 foot wide hallway. Barristan is in his 70's, and yes 4 seasons ago he made the badass comment about carving the gold cloaks like a cake. But who was he up against? The Goldcloaks in Roberts employ, besides Selmy and Lannister were mediocre at BEST. Selmy had a lot of legend which made him larger than life....in his prime and well after. In the years he followed Daenerys he barely lifted a sword. I am pretty sure Daario could fuck him up pretty bad. To add to that, Selmy mowed down like 12 of them slashing the fuckers in HALF before he got stabbed. Those odds are still fucking impressive, when you count that Bronn and Jaime had trouble against 4 guys.

His nostalgic tale about Rhaegar, and Littlefinger mentioning Selmy about the tournament with Rhaegar made it feel like a /salute and goodbye to Selmy. I hope he lives, but i doubt it.
the point was not putting selmy in a situation like this in the first place, if they needed to then he needed to be a badass that wrecks everyone. do you think these guys have his training? those goldcloaks which you dismissed were all handpicked by Barristan Selmy, so they were not pussies and for Barristan to cut them down like nothing should show how incredible a fighter he STILL IS. this is stuff we saw on TV, not just the books.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
first of all the "gold cloaks" you're talking about are Kings Guard he is referring to, not gold cloaks. Second He did not handpick those Kings Guard.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They're setting darth Sansa up to fill LSH's, Manderly's and even Mance's role.... In fact she'll prolly end up being the catalyst for Theon's redemption similar to how not-arya was Theon's snapping-out-of-it moment in the books.

Littlefinger is obviously playing both sides in the north since he knew about stannis' iron bank loan. He's gonna match robin arryn to stannis's daughter shireen if anything. It's always safe to bet on the opposite of whatever Peter actually says, but in the case of his assessment of stannis' position in the north it's possible he's banking that pragmatic old stannis will accept a future role for little finger if he delivers the north AND the vale to king stannis.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or more likely there was no switch cus it was a shit plot device in the books as well and the purpose for it isn't needed in the show.
lol, yes. HBO Benioff and Weiss have shown time and time again that they are willing to say, "Gurrm? WTF is this shit? Nope, not gona do that."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in regards to mance , i thought the rattleshirt switch was kinda stupid too, this was a better way to go especially since we never saw any importance for sparing mance's life in the first place. the actor they picked was great and i enjoyed his scenes, thats the only reason i can think of for being bummed by his death.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
in regards to mance , i thought the rattleshirt switch was kinda stupid too, this was a better way to go especially since we never saw any importance for sparing mance's life in the first place. the actor they picked was great and i enjoyed his scenes, thats the only reason i can think of for being bummed by his death.
Except Mance gets sent to Winterfell. So in the book world he is kind of important for the events that follow. Not saying this can't be written around, or that it was vitally important, but that's why it's a shock to any book reader.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Except Mance gets sent to Winterfell. So in the book world he is kind of important for the events that follow. Not saying this can't be written around, or that it was vitally important, but that's why it's a shock to any book reader.
but they can fill that role with pretty much any tricksy person, it was not unique to mance. mance was unique for his leadership of the wildling clans.

oh and i see you soy and drinsic! its been 3 years since i read those 5 books, alzheimers has not erased all my memories of what happened just yet. daeny is the mother of ewoks, right?