GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
the point was not putting selmy in a situation like this in the first place, if they needed to then he needed to be a badass that wrecks everyone. do you think these guys have his training? those goldcloaks which you dismissed were all handpicked by Barristan Selmy, so they were not pussies and for Barristan to cut them down like nothing should show how incredible a fighter he STILL IS. this is stuff we saw on TV, not just the books.
No you tool the king's guard is appointed by the fucking king. And Bobby B wasn't so good at it, being drunk most of the time and having to replace the previous king's guard which were all fucking legends. The books/tv show repeatedly demonstrate how gimp the king's guard is (the hound with arya making fun of syrio for dying to trant, tyrion hoping cersei is dumb enough to appoint trant as her champion at the trial, etc) , and barristan's statement in season 1 was specifically saying "Look at how terrible these 5 faggots are" not "look at how badass i still am". Look at all the bitch ways that the king's guard dies in the books, arys runs straight first into an ax, etc. cersei at least starts to appoint cut throats and undead mountains to the guard.

Szlia

The swiss public television is airing the episodes on monday night with subtitles.My assumtions: 1) it's nigh impossible to do professional subtitling of a TV episode in 16 hours 2) a number of channels across the world must have a similar deal 3) That must be a lot of people with access to episodes in advance. 4) 4 episodes sounds about right for the quantity a translation/subtitling studio might have in advance.

So, in an attempt to limit avoid oversea piracy (it worked for me: I watched the episode on TV), they might have boosted piracy as a whole... oups! A bit of a shame really, because it's a commendable idea that might not be replicated because of the leak.

Anyway, the episode: The death of a character I liked... what else is new? :/

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
for eps 1-4 spoilers, one thing you won't miss, but will probably come up in later eps
Not a fucking minute dealing with any of the pathetic storyline concerning the stark boys, pretty sure this is why the next eps 5 and onwards will suck even more. So far imo eps 1-4 kinda boring sauce, and the rest will be even worse b/c they'll have to address the retard stark boys storyline. Can't we just have more bumbling adventures of bronn & jamie?

I mean if the writers really wanted to trim the storyline, they should just kill all male starks, 2 shits will not be given.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No you tool the king's guard is appointed by the fucking king. And Bobby B wasn't so good at it, being drunk most of the time and having to replace the previous king's guard which were all fucking legends. The books/tv show repeatedly demonstrate how gimp the king's guard is (the hound with arya making fun of syrio for dying to trant, tyrion hoping cersei is dumb enough to appoint trant as her champion at the trial, etc) , and barristan's statement in season 1 was specifically saying "Look at how terrible these 5 faggots are" not "look at how badass i still am". Look at all the bitch ways that the king's guard dies in the books, arys runs straight first into an ax, etc. cersei at least starts to appoint cut throats and undead mountains to the guard.
shit, you got me on that. i forgot that the king picks them, i thought the captain of KG did. makes more sense that way

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
for eps 1-4 spoilers, one thing you won't miss, but will probably come up in later eps
Not a fucking minute dealing with any of the pathetic storyline concerning the stark boys, pretty sure this is why the next eps 5 and onwards will suck even more. So far imo eps 1-4 kinda boring sauce, and the rest will be even worse b/c they'll have to address the retard stark boys storyline. Can't we just have more bumbling adventures of bronn & jamie?

I mean if the writers really wanted to trim the storyline, they should just kill all male starks, 2 shits will not be given.
No Bran this season at all. Maybe Rickon but I doubt it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So far pretty boring. Only parts I enjoyed were Jon doing justice with Slynt and Bronn being Bronn.

Sansa is obviously going to replace Stoneheart as the Lannister/Frey destroyer. Even Roose Bolton is turning on the Lannister's with Tywin out.

Selmy 100% alive. I haven't gone to check trailers for his appearance in later episodes, but I'm sure it's coming. It was bullshit that most of the Unsullied got gutted by fucking white collar dudes in animal masks.

If I don't see a giant GODDAMN turtle in Essos I'm going to be SUPER FUCKING PISSED.

Overall very meh. I think Ep 4 is the 'bump' episode that gets people back into it after a lot of slower, plot building episodes. Even then definitely feels slower.

khorum

Murder Apologist
SAG/AFTRA and WGA union requirements for artist credits have gotten much more specific recently---and that's pretty much what IMDB pulls their casting info from. If rickon shows up for even a frame he'll have to be in the credits.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Having rewatched all of the seasons over the pas month, eps 1-4 have been slow in most of them.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'll admit, I was a little annoyed they cast a new actor for gray worm, until I realized they just were showing the last day of some unsullied I don't give a shit about.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Personally, I enjoyed all four episodes, but Mrs. Dandai commented that they felt pretty slow. I guess since there are quite a few changes, my mind is too busy trying to figure out how the show and books will reconcile to realize that the episodes are on the slower end.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
hbo sends out the first 4 episodes to review sites every year. Just this year someone said fuck it and distributed them to the internet.

And lol hbonow what a joke

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Watched them. Wish I hadn't. Having a hard time figuring out what exciting thing is going to happen this season. It feels like the morass that is the last two books has arrived and I hope the showrunners come up with some interesting shit.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Watched them. Wish I hadn't. Having a hard time figuring out what exciting thing is going to happen this season. It feels like the morass that is the last two books has arrived and I hope the showrunners come up with some interesting shit.
I'd say the "episode 9" exciting thing is going to probably be Drogon taking Dany away and maybe Cersei's walk of shame? The only big battles we have are Stannis' siege of Winterfell and the siege of Meereen, neither of which are likely to happen this season.

Ep 2-4 spoiler

It could also be Theon's liberation of Sansa, assuming they're still going that route, and depending on how long they want to stretch that storyline out.