GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if walk of shame will be ep 9 or not.
it seems they really sped up cersei's mistakes and its just going to snowball from here. Like how quick did the sparrows go ham on KL? I can see her getting imprisoned by ep 6 at this rate.

There is also the rumor that brienne fights undead mountain this season and if that's her trial by combat then shit is moving along rather quick.

I would guess that atleast one of the major battles happens this season, and it looks like it's probably mereen. Not even so much against yunkai which has been downplayed considerably but the insurrection from the sons of the harpy, which is what is shown in the trailers being the battle that happens at the fighting pits.

iannis

Musty Nester
Look at the divide here. It's honestly sort of interesting. Book readers are panning it, non book readers seem to actually be entertained.

The final person GRRM kills? His fanbois!

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
3 month apple exclusive is basically a sign from HBO saying the HBONow service isn't aimed at cord cutters or pirates as originally claimed, since apple is exclusive to hipsters and soccer moms neither of which have the inkling or tech savvy to get rid of cable and steal shit from the internet. It's actually a permission slip from HBO to continue to pirate their content.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watched them. Wish I hadn't. Having a hard time figuring out what exciting thing is going to happen this season. It feels like the morass that is the last two books has arrived and I hope the showrunners come up with some interesting shit.
Ya same here. So far it really seems like the show is mirroring the books a little too much, at least in terms of my enjoyment. 4 episodes in, not really diggin this season at all. Guess that's to be expected as the source material takes a real dip in quality from here on out.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The swiss public television is airing the episodes on monday night with subtitles.My assumtions: 1) it's nigh impossible to do professional subtitling of a TV episode in 16 hours 2) a number of channels across the world must have a similar deal 3) That must be a lot of people with access to episodes in advance. 4) 4 episodes sounds about right for the quantity a translation/subtitling studio might have in advance.
/
No, it is definitely not a leak from the subtitling studios. While doing professional subtitling of a TV episode can be done in 1 hour or even less ( lets say 10 translators working on 5 minutes episode segments), the subtitling studios usually get a "working copy", that is a low res video file with a watermark that covers the entire screen. We get "working copy" video files like that even for old tv episodes of shows that no-one watches anymore, for fucks sake, and that are actually for dubbing.

Anyway, i digress, the source of leak was one of the recipients that received the shows for "advanced reviews" - the watermark from the pirated files is specific for that.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It kept me interested from start to finish and I'm about to say fuck it and watch episode 2 after work. mission accomplished.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
This board is broken. It won't let me + you for a string of nerd puns that would embarras the most slovenly of neckbeards.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll admit, I was a little annoyed they cast a new actor for gray worm, until I realized they just were showing the last day of some unsullied I don't give a shit about.
We thought the same thing. Though, to be honest, Gray Worm is too fucking skinny to be a life-long warrior.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Look at the divide here. It's honestly sort of interesting. Book readers are panning it, non book readers seem to actually be entertained.

The final person GRRM kills? His fanbois!
Eh most people seem to agree its still good, everyone should have known that the next couple season were going to go down in quality like the books, people are complaining also when they dont even know what the end game is, for all we know they could be saving us from a shit ton of worthless filler.

Only thing book readers are complaining about really is the one death which we arent even sure of, how about book readers be glad we get more Bron instead of other boring shit

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
As much as I like the merged storylines it does kind of suck that there is seemingly no way for the ending to do the series justice.

The entire beauty of the series undermining traditional fantasy tropes only to be resolved by a traditional fantasy trope is somewhat depressing.

Darth Sansa and The North Remembers plot will be my favorite aspect of this season along with Cersei fucking up the Seven Kingdoms.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Not sure if walk of shame will be ep 9 or not.
it seems they really sped up cersei's mistakes and its just going to snowball from here. Like how quick did the sparrows go ham on KL? I can see her getting imprisoned by ep 6 at this rate.

There is also the rumor that brienne fights undead mountain this season and if that's her trial by combat then shit is moving along rather quick.

I would guess that atleast one of the major battles happens this season, and it looks like it's probably mereen. Not even so much against yunkai which has been downplayed considerably but the insurrection from the sons of the harpy, which is what is shown in the trailers being the battle that happens at the fighting pits.
The pacing for that feels rushed if you binged through the 4 episodes in one sitting like I did. I knew it as soon as the faith militants 'branding' scene that a good weeklong pause would make the transition more gradual since it's only actually three or four scenes from when we were introduced to the high sparrow in a previous episode.