GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Shit, a goat probably costs more than 1000 now.
frown.png
Fucking inflation, man!

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Shit, a goat probably costs more than 1000 now.
frown.png
Fucking inflation, man!
Let me google that for you

Seriously, let me.
PRICING FOR 2015: Our baseline prices for the 2015 season are as follows: Purebred, "American" or Experimental Grade (crosses) doe kids purchased before they are weaned (one month old or younger) are $175 each. Weaned doe kids out of our top 10 milkers are $300 each; all others are $250 each. This "top ten" premium reflects total milk production, milk components and Linear Appraisal scores from 2010.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks. My goat market knowledge is clearly lacking! Ok, I'll take 3 jackets, then.

Siliconemelons

but serious... there are tons of really talented ren fair clothing people and also online stores that sell this stuff. And there are tons of hacks that just resale crap from overseas.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think you guys underestimate how much it would cost to make a leather jacket out of actual real leather with that amount of detail. It would probably require maybe 3 deerskin hides @ $99 each. Then you need to find someone with the knowledge of how to make the jacket and work with leather (which is far more difficult than most cloths) and have the machines required to stitch the leather so it doesn't look like garbage. The only thing on Etsy that seems comparable is this custom made deerskin overshirt (obviously less detail than the jacket) and it costs $900.

Custom Made Deerskin Shirt Western Shirt Leather by dleather

Siliconemelons

I think you guys underestimate how much it would cost to make a leather jacket out of actual real leather with that amount of detail. It would probably require maybe 3 deerskin hides @ $99 each. Then you need to find someone with the knowledge of how to make the jacket and work with leather (which is far more difficult than most cloths) and have the machines required to stitch the leather so it doesn't look like garbage. The only thing on Etsy that seems comparable is this custom made deerskin overshirt (obviously less detail than the jacket) and it costs $900.

Custom Made Deerskin Shirt Western Shirt Leather by dleather
Just use thisArtisan Made Leather Bustier Western Style Halter Top by dleatherand add some sleeves!

the buckles and large strap-style-stitched on detached arm style is true to the "era" for the reasons Tenks said- and keeping with that style also lowers the resources and "skill" needed to pull it off.. to make a shirt- as posted would cost a lot, with the full pattern and modern day style stitching that works with leather etc. but to reproduce the jacket posted there are many places catering to ren fest people and are at renfests etc. that make this crap all the time.

like here

Jerkins

find a jerkin you want, email them tell them you want sleeves, get a quote- send them money, buy appropriate color blond hair dye for S1,2,3 etc Jamie and boom - enjoy! *for added effect cut own hand off!

Hell I bet that place or similar send them that pic- they will send you back a quote for a reproduction.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
None of those Jerkins jackets are at the level of Jaime's jacket though. Maybe this one, but even it is a bit too nerdlinger.

rrr_img_95387.jpg

The sleeves are so bulky and the extended shoulders are hella lame. Jaime's jacket would be perfectly acceptable in modern fashion. I would prefer the sleeves to be stitched on and the straps are a little much, but I would wear the fuck outta that jacket. The collar isn't over the top and it's nice and form-fitting.

These are the side bars that Brutul bitches about.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm actually okay with derails. I just don't like long debates about nonsense, but thanks for the concern!

Tenks

Just use thisArtisan Made Leather Bustier Western Style Halter Top by dleatherand add some sleeves!

the buckles and large strap-style-stitched on detached arm style is true to the "era" for the reasons Tenks said- and keeping with that style also lowers the resources and "skill" needed to pull it off.. to make a shirt- as posted would cost a lot, with the full pattern and modern day style stitching that works with leather etc. but to reproduce the jacket posted there are many places catering to ren fest people and are at renfests etc. that make this crap all the time.

like here

Jerkins

find a jerkin you want, email them tell them you want sleeves, get a quote- send them money, buy appropriate color blond hair dye for S1,2,3 etc Jamie and boom - enjoy! *for added effect cut own hand off!

Hell I bet that place or similar send them that pic- they will send you back a quote for a reproduction.
Damn for a site to exist like this people must go hard-on when it comes to Ren Faire

Tenks

Yeah I get it that it's their hobby. I just didn't know it was popular enough for a site like that to exist.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Title has Spoiler in the name...hmmm
That's an astute observation. You justreallybe a doctor.

You can still talk about spoilers, but if they have not aired or been in a published book yet, use spoiler tags. Unlike in the non spoiler thread, where even the use of spoiler tags is prohibited for 'book' or 'unaired' info.