GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that scene just felt rushed, like somebody over at GoT central said at a writers meeting,

"we dont have much time, when do jaime and bronn get to dorne and try to rescue mycella?"

"well they get there later"

"when? we put it off til the last half of the season and they still havent gotten there yet"
one guy pops up

"i know i know, when mycella and tristen are walking in the garden having a romantic stroll jaime and bronne suddenly appear to try and take her away"

"but what about the sand snake plot?"

"the sand snakes pick that moment to attack too!"

round of applause at the writers table

"bravo bravo! you sir deserve a raise!"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
that scene just felt rushed, like somebody over at GoT central said at a writers meeting,

"we dont have much time, when do jaime and bronn get to dorne and try to rescue mycella?"

"well they get there later"

"when? we put it off til the last half of the season and they still havent gotten there yet"
one guy pops up

"i know i know, when mycella and tristen are walking in the garden having a romantic stroll jaime and bronne suddenly appear to try and take her away"

"but what about the sand snake plot?"

"the sand snakes pick that moment to attack too!"

round of applause at the writers table

"bravo bravo! you sir deserve a raise!"
lol I felt the exact same way.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, it wasn't a great scene by any means. I just did not have the impression at all that Bronn was fooling anyone.

I mean really Jaime would have just smacked the bitch, killed the prince, and run the fuck away. What's all this dumb shit talking to her? You -just- saw her getting groped by the dude.

Jaime might be trying to be noble and all that but he's not super retardo. And the "fighting" was... uhhhhhh.

Was one of the girls named Drizzt?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I agree it was probably one of the worst scenes we have had so far. HBO is trying to limit and cut down some many characters and do this so quickly that in this case it just came out to rushed. I don't think Jaime and Bronn would of been able to just walk right up to the Prince and Princess in the garden, nor would the Sand Snakes show up at the exact same time. It was done in an effort to speed shit up and keep to their schedule of ending the show by season 7. Honestly they might of been better served going into more of the story and making the show 10-12 seasons or whatever it takes to do it justice but meh.

Shit is still entertaining and as long as Zombies and Dragons freeze and burn Westeros and Tyrion drinks and fucks whores then I'll keep watching.

Siliconemelons

I agree it was probably one of the worst scenes we have had so far. HBO is trying to limit and cut down some many characters and do this so quickly that in this case it just came out to rushed. I don't think Jaime and Bronn would of been able to just walk right up to the Prince and Princess in the garden, nor would the Sand Snakes show up at the exact same time. It was done in an effort to speed shit up and keep to their schedule of ending the show by season 7. Honestly they might of been better served going into more of the story and making the show 10-12 seasons or whatever it takes to do it justice but meh.

Shit is still entertaining and as long as Zombies and Dragons freeze and burn Westeros and Tyrion drinks and fucks whores then I'll keep watching.
I don't see why they don't do more seasons or extend seasons to 20 episodes- I know contracts and whatever- but they make mad money off this show.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't think this is the 'big' fight scene with the Sand Snakes. I think this is like the appetizer. Then somehow/some one will break them out if they're not already released and they'll fight Areo teamed up with Jaime or something and they'll die. If Areo doesn't decapitate at LEAST one person I'm going to be butthurt.

Edit: I rewatched it. They're pointing their spears directly at Bronn. No sneakery possible.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think we may all agree that the sand snakes completely suck. Imagine if all the minutes of show time these token teenage girls have gotten in order to appeal to the teenage girl set, had instead been given to Brienne of Tarf or Just Jammie and Bronn talking shit as they headed towards there objective,.

I mean just completely erase the sand snakes from the story and have Jammie and Bronn get captured in garden trying to sneak his daughter out. Story would have far more believable then the snakes and Jammie Bronn just happening to bump into each other at the same time.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I had a thought. The book storyline is that Doran wants his oldest son to marry Daenarys, so why the fuck is he marrying Myrcella instead on the TV show with combined characters?

Is Trystane actually Trystane or a random impostor trying to fuck her and ruin her reputation with a Dornish bastard? Look out for Spanish accents looking for Dragons in Meereen
smile.png

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I mean just completely erase the sand snakes from the story and have Jammie and Bronn get captured in garden trying to sneak his daughter out. Story would have far more believable then the snakes and Jammie Bronn just happening to bump into each other at the same time.
it wouldn't be an HBO show if we didn't have them forcing their liberal pro-feminism agenda down our throats with two of the best fighters in the world being put to task by a gang of 90 pound dick teases.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
what really sucks is they cut out book content to add their own shit fan fiction jaime and bronn bromance.
It seems like it's a condensed version of both the Dorne storyline and Jaime's story line... so my guess is it would have been Ilyn Payne tagging around with Jaime, but the Ilyn dude quit when he thought he was going to die from cancer (though he "survived" with some massive surgery).

Ganthorn

N00b
I had a thought. The book storyline is that Doran wants his oldest son to marry Daenarys, so why the fuck is he marrying Myrcella instead on the TV show with combined characters?

Is Trystane actually Trystane or a random impostor trying to fuck her and ruin her reputation with a Dornish bastard? Look out for Spanish accents looking for Dragons in Meereen
smile.png
The oldest son goes to her and the younger son is for myrcella if I remember right.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well, to be fair, Khal Drogo is a fucking ripped behemoth of a man... Most SJWs fantasize about being "taken" by a man like that. Ramsey is scrawny, skinny and icky... No woman WANTS to have sex with him, even if they were married to him.
It sort of sounds like you want to be taken by Khal Drogo.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
what really sucks is they cut out book content to add their own shit fan fiction jaime and bronn bromance.
The set up scene to them heading off to Dorne was great. Was ready to sign up for that buddy cop movie. Fight scene with the mighty mite chicks was just horrid though. Agreed it felt rushed. They really seem to be focusing a ton on Sansa's plot, and the Sparrows/Cersei/Margery plot. Arya and Jon have gotten some decent time, as has the bullshit in Mereen, but Jaime's whole semi face turn from the books has just been "meh" in the show, if it happens at all.

Ganthorn

N00b
Ya I thought Jaime's redemption in the books is much better. Pretty much as soon as he is back with Brienne he is done with Cersei, etc.