GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Man, production value of this show has really gone down hill, there aren't any good action sequences anymore.
Episodes like tonight's show why per episode budget numbers aren't exactly accurate. I'm guessing they dropped more on that one battle scene than they did on some entire episodes from earlier in the season.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Yeah, the only mention Hardhome really gets in the books is a vague 'that place is fucked'

Happy Wun Wun lived, thought for a second they were gonna kill him off to save on the special effects bill.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
When he was walking on the dock I thought he was going to walk on water it would freeze as his foot touched it.

So Jon dies in the books?

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, was Jon able to kill the walker because a) he had valyrian steel or b) because he is azor whatever dude?

Also, wasnt that chick the chick in pitch perfect? (yes i saw it)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh and good job fucking Samwell Tarly, telling the guy who is thinking about icing Snow to, "Follow your heart and do what you think is right.".
He also said no matter what Jon always comes back. lol

jdavis89_sl

shitlord
Kit said in an interview a few months ago that Hardhome scene took one month to shoot. Pretty crazy considering all the extras, cast, etc. AND IT'S ONLY ~25 MINS OF ONE EPISODE.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
So, was Jon able to kill the walker because a) he had valyrian steel or b) because he is azor whatever dude?

Valyrian steel. It's called dragon steel in the books Sam finds. "Fire, dragon glass and dragon steel..." are able to kill Others.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Valyrian steel. The walker smashed through a couple other swords before Jon picked up the Valyrian one. Walker dude looked surprised that Jon blocked him and then he got smashed. "b) azor whatever dude" is a popular theory but we won't know until the next book (LOL) or the show tells us.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Feel kind of bad for Martin(LOL Not really slow fuck). If the show sticks the landing it will take a lot away from the last two books.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Yeah, as others have said--the book flat out says Valaryian steel, since it's forged by magical fire, can kill Walkers. In the show, Jon only looks surprised because, for some reason, Sam never mentioned that (In the books, he's the one that tells Jon it can kill Walkers.)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Also Jon Snow in the wildling meeting was awesome. Kit Harington aced that entire episode. Going to blow my mind when he gets et tu ollied.
Other than his not so roaring command voice? Yeah. He's absolutely perfect for the role too. But I winced when he shouted for the Nights Watch to form on him.

Ganthorn

N00b
My favorite part was the look on BOTH of their faces when his Valyrian steel sword connected. They both had the same WTF just happened oh shit! look on their faces.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the episode was a bit weak until jon snow got to hardhome, then holy shit from then on it topped anything i ever expected from a tv show. i kept expecting things to end after a few minutes, then it just kept on going and building and building and building then the pimp daddy of the north shows up and as somebody said i expected the water to freeze or the ice zombies to start zerging the boats. fucking wun wun was the tits. god i love those giants, that whole setpiece made me get serious EQ flashbacks.

i forget, is the night king a stark descendant or rumored to be? i was thinking that he knew jon snow was kin. man. this season no matter how good or bad it ends up may always have the best moment in show's entire run.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The Boltons say it was a Stark, the Starks say it was a Bolton, the Karstarks say it was someone else. No one knows.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
When the Night's King lifted his hands, the first thing that went through my mind was that the water was going to freeze solid and it was be all she wrote for everyone on the boats.
This was my thought as well. I was expecting the water to start freezing over and the walkers to continue wrecking shit.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
One thing that stuck out during Tyrion's his chit chat with Daenerys, he said Jaime was one of the two people he trusted most in the whole world. We know from what Jaime said to Bronn that the feeling is far from mutual. Seems as if they're setting up Tyrion to eventually die by Jaime's (left) hand.