GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don't think there's a death on the show that happens that they didn't show if it's a major character. Stannis confirmed hostage of Brienne. Otherwise we'd see him dead, right? Literally Eddard, Rob, Jon, Catelyn, Viper, all died on camera. I'm giving it 20% actual death chance.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Them cutting away and not showing Stannis' death was definitely purposeful. It's not like they shied away from the particulars of Jon's or Ser Meryn's deaths.
... Obviously. What did you think they were sitting around and were like "OH SHIT GUYS WE ACCIDENTALLY FORGOT TO SHOW STANNIS DYING!"

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
They've now tossed down some serious gauntlets. Next season better be action packed instead of political conversation here, back stabbing there...There better be some undead fighting some dragons or blonde chick riding with her horse lords and dragons and unsullied across the world.

Column_sl

shitlord
If there is anything that is constant it is

Valar Morghulis

I knew he would eventually kill off Jon just didn't think it would be that soon.

I'm pretty excited to see what the Death knight does next season. I have a feeling Cersai is about to kill everyone

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im surprised the SJWs arent squealing with rage at cersei being humiliated like this at the orders of a man.

also when does s6 filming start? if kit harrington isnt on set then at least we know one way or the other. course he is still alive because we need a PoV at the wall and i dont think davos or mel will hang around much longer now that the night's watch mutinied

I don't think there's a death on the show that happens that they didn't show if it's a major character. Stannis confirmed hostage of Brienne. Otherwise we'd see him dead, right? Literally Eddard, Rob, Jon, Catelyn, Viper, all died on camera. I'm giving it 20% actual death chance.
of course this is not true. they did not show shireen's death last week. or sylvio's in season one. also we got myrcella this week too unless they have the antidote handy. interesting that two of cersei's kids died by poison and in different circumstances.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Neither Shireen nor Syria were major characters. and Shireen's death, even if her final moments weren't shown, was 100% without ambiguity.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Neither Shireen nor Syria were major characters. and Shireen's death, even if her final moments weren't shown, was 100% without ambiguity.
Well, I think that's largely because there's laws about showing graphic children's deaths. Especially on television. Syrio, on the other hand, was probably to add to his mystery about his fighting ability. I mean dude had a broken wooden sword and kept going. For how long? We don't know, but he kept going because he was awesome.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think we can agree that there is a significant difference between showing the death-by-sword of an adult male and showing a child being burned alive...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think we can agree that there is a significant difference between showing the death-by-sword of an adult male and showing a child being burned alive...
whats the ruling on stabbing a pregnant woman in the belly? or showing burned corpses of two small boys? didnt arya kill some kids in kl?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Obviously, what's your point? Even though they didn't show her death, there was zero ambiguity about it, Shireen is dead. I'll concede there is some vague amount of ambiguity about Syrio's death, but since he wasn't a major character and the person he was last seen fighting was still alive (until this episode), the odds of him being alive are remote to say the least. Stannis is probably alive, because there has been zero ambiguity about major character death so far in the series.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Killing john snow like that didn't make much sense after he could have just left the gate closed and let him rot north of the wall with the wildlings..

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty disappointed with the finale, but then, it follows that I was very disappointed with AFFC and ADwD too.

The only good part (just like the books) was Arya.

I'll be incredibly disappointed if Stannis is alive. It basically means "dead on screen = dead" (Jon possibly exempt), "dead off screen = alive." And that's gay.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Haha, I just re-read that interview with Kit Harrington. The interviewer asks him about being listed in the actors who get a raise for Season 6 and he plays mad about the story being wrong. Must suck for him having to try and cover up with 1000 neckbeards looking to prove him wrong.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure Stannis is a hostage of Brienne. She will go try and trade him (knowing he will be killed anyways) to the Boltons for Sansa. Of course Brienne is retarded and won't work for obvious reasons, but then is taken hostage also along with Stannis.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why would brienne spare stannis? his story is over. no family, no army, mel abandoned him, he is bleeding out from a femoral wound. brienne fucking hates stannis, hated him so much she left her sansa watch to go kill him. aside from the pov framing of that scene, why would you think he is still alive?

Pretty sure Stannis is a hostage of Brienne. She will go try and trade him (knowing he will be killed anyways) to the Boltons for Sansa. Of course Brienne is retarded and won't work for obvious reasons, but then is taken hostage also along with Stannis.
that makes no sense, if they wanted stannis they could have had stannis. they obliterated his army, to the boltons he is nobody now, which he is. brienne would first have to save stannis life then offer him up to winterfell, for what? the wardeness of the north? even brienne isnt that stupid.

Xevy

Log Wizard
why would brienne spare stannis? his story is over. no family, no army, mel abandoned him, he is bleeding out from a femoral wound. brienne fucking hates stannis, hated him so much she left her sansa watch to go kill him. aside from the pov framing of that scene, why would you think he is still alive?
You know nothing, Chuk Astro.