GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I think im most excited for this season because I dont know whats going to happen, and its also going to answer long held theories. Whereas the last 5 I knew the plot in general due to books.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
None of the pics I saw showed one of the fighters with a spear or a trident. And Howland Reed was described as slightly runty while all those guys fighting looked pretty large. It's prolly fair to assume that the dude in black with the chrome armor pieces is Arthur Dayne. In one of the pix it looks like the guy in Northern armor (young ned?) is holding his sword at Dayne, either he stabbed him or Dayne surrendered, but in the books Howland Reed supposedly saved Ned's life. So if Ned sealed the deal himself, then Jojen's death really does mean that the show has cut Howland.

I wonder if that scene ends up being the very first scene of the next season, just like the young cersei prologue scene in s5.
That's where I think it would be, very first scene.

This one is so big, I can't imagine them changing it a bit from Martin's exact vision. Whatever happens here, that is going to be the Tower of Joy as it was meant to be. Though I bet they troll everyone and cut it when Ned and Howland go into the tower, hehe.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I really hope they have Ned/whoever recite the whole convo from his dream, its the best part.
That dialog is very chilling. But it's also very contrived. Don't think people would just sit there and let you recite all the places you didn't show up to fight.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The fight itself doesn't mean much though... it's whether he finds Lyanna with a baby. If they only do the fight then Ned stalks runs into the tower screaming Lyanna's name without showing her bleeding out with a baby bump or something, they'd need to do like a two-parter reveal of L+R=J. That would make sense if the tower ISN'T the series prologue then, but chopped up into multiple flashback scenes throughout the season.

Because if you think about, having to intro young ned and crew, explaining where and when the whole tower scene is, then the fight, then running to find Lyanna, then the whole dying promise scene with a baby---that'll be like a 10-minute prologue.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think they're gonna cocktease the fuck out of us and leave the ToJ scene for the finale.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
That dialog is very chilling. But it's also very contrived. Don't think people would just sit there and let you recite all the places you didn't show up to fight.
They way I see it, they are standing across from each other out in the open having the convo right before the big throwdown, it was Ned being honorable and telling him about all the places he wish he had fought/saw him before it came down to that.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Tower stuff

rrr_img_111623.jpg
rrr_img_111624.jpg
rrr_img_111625.jpg
rrr_img_111626.jpg

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
A long shooting period is taking place in Saintfield, Northern Ireland, where Game of Thrones has been filming a huge fighting sequence between the Boltons and the wildlings. Sources have told Watchers on the Wall that "several armies are involved with this epic battle", leaving the website to conclude that it "may outdo anything we've ever seen on Game of Thrones".
So, Jon Snow is alive and leads the wildlings down to fight the boltons, taking back Winterfell?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That would be the greatest troll in GoT history if after all these years we finally find out that Jon really isn't dead but a week later Roose Bolton stabs him just like he did Rob.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I can see the Wildlings rallying up for the final battle versus the Walkers when the time comes.... but why the fuck would they fight the Boltons? Yeah Jon saved them and all, but they have no outstanding grudge with Roose and it really doesn't seem like a worthwhile cause for them.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
He might pose a threat and not allowing them in the north. The Bolton was saying that Stannis's force was not prepared to fight in the upcoming winter. That is something the wildlings probably does well.

Siliconemelons

The wildlings have no land, no homes, no nothing- yes they where "allowed" to pass the wall- but with Jon stabbzed the little support the watch was going to give them to survive is gone- so they A) go back to pillaging and killing everyone in the north or- B) Jezu-Jon shows back up, takes over- retakes winterfell and makes the wildlings citizens of his realm- put coolbeard into lordship over winterfel and its surrounding town/lands etc. and now the wildlings have a "home" and reason to protect it while Jon rallies whomever is still loyal to Starks along with whatever contingent of wildlings he has as the start of a new army as he amasses.

Bran says hi to Jon with face tree @ winterfell and we don't see him for another 3 seasons.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah I see Jon granting them lands and full control over those lands in exchange for them helping him reclaim Winterfell. The deal Stannis should have been willing to make but was too caught up in what was his by right to ever consider. No bending the knee, they remain the Free Folk in exchange for an alliance. That gives them something to truly fight and bleed for, skin in the game. And something to defend when the Walkers inevitably come instead of fleeing and raiding further south.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That would be the greatest troll in GoT history if after all these years we finally find out that Jon really isn't dead but a week later Roose Bolton stabs him just like he did Rob.
That would actually be impressive. I would laugh so hard.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The north wouldn't accept wildlings running winterfell, and they wouldn't even know how. The wildlings will almost certainly be fighting alongside jon snow, but I don't see them settling in up there. I'd think he marches them south and burns the twins on the way. The wildlings want to live somewhere warm.