GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Didn't we all agree there'd be three threads?
1. Spoilers galore.
2. Published content only.
3. HBO content only.

Oh wait that's what I and nobody else wants =(

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
God, I have to slog through 7 more months of miserable existence before this show comes back.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We will still need to have two threads because the other people will get all butthurt the first time someone mentions anything about how the book was different.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Like I said someone should just bump up the little-kids thread every so often.

Prolly do it soon before a spoiler-virgin gets triggered by some mention of rezzed-Jon and starts complaining about being too PTSD'd by his spoiler-rape to enjoy the forums.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Like I said someone should just bump up the little-kids thread every so often.

Prolly do it soon before a spoiler-virgin gets triggered by some mention of rezzed-Jon and starts complaining about being too PTSD'd by his spoiler-rape to enjoy the forums.
cant believe we have been coddling people for 5 years now. no other show gets gets this carebear treatment.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Because its awesome. When i get into a show that has already concluded i stay the hell away from threads on it. In this case the show is stronk enough that it warrants a thread for that large group of people.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Personally I'm fine with just spoiler-tagging stuff like these photos of

stuff that hasn't been photographed yet

or new leaked interviews with cast members like the new actor for

some role that isn't even in the books.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its obsolete at this point, you do realize the no spoiler thread is now just a spoilers thread lite? there is nothing important we know that the non book reader doesnt know at this point. there is nothing spoilery about book stuff that didnt happen in the show anymore because either its already happened, happened in a different way or will not happen because that story arch has been abandoned by the show runners and is too late to pick up.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There's a number of things the show might go through with that only people who read the books would know about. They're probably going to have Euron completely take over Victarion's position and attack slaver's bay with a dragon horn. Frey pies could be a nice surprise, even if isn't Lord Fat that bakes them. We know Sandor is alive and that a certain septon was likely cast which heavily hints at his return. Combining the threads into one would be retarded.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's a number of things the show might go through with that only people who read the books would know about. They're probably going to have Euron completely take over Victarion's position and attack slaver's bay with a dragon horn. Frey pies could be a nice surprise, even if isn't Lord Fat that bakes them. We know Sandor is alive and that a certain septon was likely cast which heavily hints at his return. Combining the threads into one would be retarded.
we book readers do not know that sandor is alive, its implied that he is, just like in the tv show arya leaves him alive. no spoiler there. we have no idea what euron or victarion is going to do or how the dragon horn plays in all this. no spoilers. and the introduction of euron or victarion isnt a spoiler either. little timmy isnt going to suddenly have blood gushing from his anus if he hears that theon has relatives who are pirates and omg do pirate things or holy shit they find out the freys lose some of their relatives through pastry related endeavors .

is that shit why there is still a need for a carebear no spoiler thread? how many people even still post in that thread who havent read the books yet? 10? 5? that thread is currently sitting at least 5 pages back. hardly a bustle of activity.

let it die and bring everyone together in one thread.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If we are going to go to the trouble to split it up into 3 threads, we should at least split the spoiler thread into AstroChuk and AstroChuk-free versions.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If we are going to go to the trouble to split it up into 3 threads, we should at least split the spoiler thread into AstroChuk and AstroChuk-free versions.
i will gladly post in a chuk thread because it will be a thread where men post and dont cry from their pussies at night because they found out sansa was chilling out in The Vail in the books instead of being buttraped by her husband, ramsay bolton in winterfell on the tv show

Sterling

El Presidente
i will gladly post in a chuk thread because it will be a thread where men post and dont cry from their pussies at night because they found out sansa was chilling out in The Vail in the books instead of being buttraped by her husband, ramsay bolton in winterfell on the tv show
I don't think that's what people have issue with.

khalid

Unelected Mod
That wasn't what I was talking about bro. Relax, just bustin your balls.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think that's what people have issue with.
all hyperbole aside, i would like to know what specific spoiler or spoilers are there left from the books that would ruin anything for anyone in the non book reader thread? seriously, i cant think of any unaired event that would be so egregious to warrant the need of a second thread. there will be no Uncat, ok. people need to let that go. brienne already had her little search for sansa subplot, so there is nothing left in that regard. jaime the negotiator at riverrun is not going to happen either. whats left at king's landing? whats left at braavos or with daeny that hasnt already happened? the only things left are little nibbles of spoilers. the kingsmoot being the largest and it may not happen on the show and even if it did, its not really a spoiler because we dont even know the final outcome of all that.

i also am going to say it, the 5 or 10 people in the non book reader thread have had 5 years to catch up with the rest of rerolled, they dont even care about whats going on with the show once its ended. its just, "ooh. the season ended, oh well i will watch something else til its game of thrones time again next year whenever that is". thats completely fine, but its a laid back attitude that suggests they dont really have much invested in the show other than something to look at on sunday nights. we cant possibly spoil events we as book readers havent read ourselves. the tower of joy has been discussed in the show several times including last season. R+L=J was never a spoiler. since we dont know ourselves, how can it be? theories are not spoilers, even when those theories are based on material from the books.

the logic of FEELS has really turned this board into a mess.