GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The north wouldn't accept wildlings running winterfell, and they wouldn't even know how. The wildlings will almost certainly be fighting alongside jon snow, but I don't see them settling in up there. I'd think he marches them south and burns the twins on the way. The wildlings want to live somewhere warm.
You're probably right. I heard the wildlings love the beach boys and totally wanna "get there fast and then take it slow"

khorum

Murder Apologist
Tower stuff

rrr_img_111623.jpg
rrr_img_111624.jpg
rrr_img_111625.jpg
rrr_img_111626.jpg
See if they just film THAT and then not show a Lyanna bleeding out in her childbed, there would just be too much subtext to fill out via dialogue later that it wouldn't be worth it. They could have Ned holding a sword to Dayne's neck at the end and then we hear Lyanna call his name while a baby is crying tho... But it would still be a lot longer than last season's flashback.

Also, who would be having the flashback anyway? Howland Reed? Last season it was Cersei.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
The north wouldn't accept wildlings running winterfell, and they wouldn't even know how. The wildlings will almost certainly be fighting alongside jon snow, but I don't see them settling in up there. I'd think he marches them south and burns the twins on the way. The wildlings want to live somewhere warm.
I think that he gives the wildlings the Dreadfort. The Boltons wouldn't need it...

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
If they defeat the boltons why not become the new boltons and take the dreadfort?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
See if they just film THAT and then not show a Lyanna bleeding out in her childbed, there would just be too much subtext to fill out via dialogue later that it wouldn't be worth it. They could have Ned holding a sword to Dayne's neck at the end and then we hear Lyanna call his name while a baby is crying tho... But it would still be a lot longer than last season's flashback.

Also, who would be having the flashback anyway? Howland Reed? Last season it was Cersei.
Would be extra shock if they finished the scene, zoomed in on Howland Reed and then faded to this guy looking as if he was reminiscing.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, handing over the dreadfort is plausible if Winterfell remains ruled by a Stark. Otherwise the north will flip the fuck out. Most have the same opinion of the wildlings as the night's watch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yea, handing over the dreadfort is plausible if Winterfell remains ruled by a Stark. Otherwise the north will flip the fuck out. Most have the same opinion of the wildlings as the night's watch.
thats gonna change real quick if they have to team up to fight off the ww and wights.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Bit of a cart before the horse situation there though. The north is not hip to the ww threat yet. Another issue being the general disunity of the wildlings as only Mance Rayder united them. Many are not going to be interested in fighting ww or settling together in any place.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bit of a cart before the horse situation there though. The north is not hip to the ww threat yet. Another issue being the general disunity of the wildlings as only Mance Rayder united them. Many are not going to be interested in fighting ww or settling together in any place.
you are forgetting jon snow he can bring the wildlings around to fight the WW, they fucking owe him that much and if he gives them a large chunk of land they will owe him even more. they will fight for their survival and for their own land. jon will just be the man to bring that home to them. same will go for the umbers and karstarks and any other family in the north. they may hate the wildlings, they may try to get rid of them later when there is no threat, but when shit hits the fan they will unite for self preservation. ya know because this already happened in season 5's Hardhome episode.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The whole point of getting on the other side of The Wall for the wildlings was so they wouldn't have to fight the WW's because they know they can't defeat them. Hardhome only reinforced that. I can see Jon being able to marshal them to taking back Winterfell so he can become Warden of the North and grant them their own lands because that is progress towards their main objective. A future promise to take on the WW's is gonna be a different matter.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Just to double check:

There's only the one thread now, all GoT discussion is in here only? No more 'spoilers / no spoilers' divided versions.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Can't discuss much in the other thread with it's no spoiler rule so it's dropped to page 7. Once the show starts again show only people will probably start using it again.

I don't think anyone decided anything about merging the threads. I think the only conclusion anyone came to was that the entire discussion was a great time and we should do it again as soon as possible.

iannis

Musty Nester
Really we should just go ahead and make a rickshaw thread for GOT when the season starts.

Save everyone involved the trouble.

My willingness to click through all the inevitable spoiler tags is rather less than my eagerness to not do that.

Siliconemelons

The wildlings are just like anyone else, but thousands of years of the watch only encountering the bandit and fighting elements of their society has led them to think that is all they are- however there are plenty of "normal" folk or event just "women and children" the wildlings have family's and tribe units- that was the entire point of Jon saving them- was for them to survive as a people and to protect those normal people. The dredfort is a good idea :p but the wildlings will have to concede just as much as the north will have to concede in some areas...