GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe Stannis isn't dead and makes Jon a Stark and he allies with Stannis again and they win the world.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
remember at the end of Dance with Dragons when Ramsay's army defeats and kills Stannis, then steals his magic sword, and writes an angry note gloating about it to Jon Snow?

or

remember at the end of season 5 when Ramsay's army defeats stannis, Brienne of Tarth shows up and kills stannis, they really didn't elaborate on the magic sword all that much so nobody steals it, and Jon Snow is dead at this point so nobody bothers sending him a letter gloating about it, just melisandre showing up back at the wall basically informing everyone that Stannis is dead.

not sure which version of those events leads to stannis not being dead and him and jon snow going on a world tour buddy cop comedy series.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Fixxed that for you because that's where people are fondling at the idea of alive stannis.
Well, there has to be a reason why they didn't actually show her kill him. If it's just as a cliffhanger to make people think he could still be alive or he's actually dead we'll have to wait and see.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
s5-e10.jpg

Siliconemelons

Well, there has to be a reason why they didn't actually show her kill him. If it's just as a cliffhanger to make people think he could still be alive or he's actually dead we'll have to wait and see.
I know, and I agree that it is quite odd that they cut it and that the sound effect is a sword strike - clank - type sound rather than your standard slice-squishy noise flesh effect- althought that would be the sound if she did a clean decapitation straight into the tree truck as it would have to be quick and not a botched beheading like whathisface in Winterfell had.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
simple solution, they know that kit harrington has been seen on set for months now. anyone spotted The Mannis anywhere?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Simple solution is he died in both the books and the show stop being an astro
There is a lot of compelling evidence that the Pink Letter was sent by someone other than Ramsay (which would make the contents of the letter fantasy as well).

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
No theres just speculation from stannis the mannis fans.

They meet in the battlefield, ramsay sees stannis wielding fake lightbringer and mentions taking it in the letter. on the eve of the battle fake arya escapes with reek, or on the show during the battle sansa bolts with him, same shit.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There is no "evidence" for anything in these books. There are theories and guesses.
Pick whatever synonym you want to use for evidence and understand that the linked video lays out the [insert synonym] quite clearly. Ramsay didn't write that letter. Saying that Mance is the author of the letter, however, is a theory and (educated) guess, though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pick whatever synonym you want to use for evidence and understand that the linked video lays out the [insert synonym] quite clearly. Ramsay didn't write that letter. Saying that Mance is the author of the letter, however, is a theory and (educated) guess, though.
I never subscribed to the idea that the letter was true. There's a big assault coming in the next book and GRRM just puts in the prologue "By the way this guy loses it and dies"? I don't think so. I do think it's very possible, probably even most likely Stannis is dead in the book or the show. I just think his being the only main character death they didn't show is fishy. Astro, for once, does have a point as the actor for Stannis has not been seen on set for the next season.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Watched your speculation video waiting for any evidence, left disappointed.

Speculation and theory crafting is not evidence

Xevy

Log Wizard
Watched your speculation video waiting for any evidence, left disappointed.

Speculation and theory crafting is not evidence
Yeah, but then again you're the guy who said there'd never be a season 7 of this show.. so...

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
No I said that they were only planning 7 seasons, or most likely 7 and a half seasons with a split season 7 like other popular shows end up doing for contract reasons. I claimed that they had an end date which was 7 seasons, and that was their plan from the start that they were sticking to. It was in response to the retards who were saying that they would go on for 10-15 seasons as some people were claiming, waiting on GRRM to finish the books before they progressed the plot past the books.

I also said that was based on the revenue models and actor contracts, unless they could monetize the internet viewership they couldn't afford to go past 7 seasons.

And then HBO created HBO Now specifically to capture some of the lost revenue from internet viewership and I said they could probably afford to do a full 8 seasons.

And then they just recently announced that they were going to go ahead and finish out with a full 8 seasons instead of 7 and a half.

So yeah, your bad.