GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I'd say just watching it like a normal person is probably enough to keep a grip on what's happening. The terrain/background type changes between character groups, so it's really just following what's happening in each locale vs. following each character individually. There's some minor "a-ha!" insights you can make, but everything that's been revealed has been pretty obvious about the revelation, with a clearly defined trail.

These videos and that chick with the pink mohawk or whatever are aimed at people who either don't pay particularly close attention in the first place, or people who just like coming up with theories and looking for something that fits their narrative. Just watching the show is enough to keep everything together.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Holy shit someone actually said they would go on for 10+ seasons?
Mostly the people in Sylas's brain. I'm trying to find all of his posts where he said they wouldn't go past 7 seasons because of costs and his 'in the know' about actor pay policies and shit but I can't because the three headed dragon that was GoT threads became one.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Holy shit someone actually said they would go on for 10+ seasons?
No, but it's helpful to claim that people said stupid things years back because no one is going to go check. It's especially popular in the football thread.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No, but it's helpful to claim that people said stupid things years back because no one is going to go check. It's especially popular in the football thread.
It would have been more fun if you guys would have let him try to dig up evidence of it.

We've all said stupid shit in the football thread. Although I will lay claim to saying partly tongue in cheek way back somewhere between Weeks 2-4 that the Skins going 8-8 could win the division.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Re: Jon Stark legitimacy, I was surprised no one mentioned Robb's letter. It will probably be revealed that it reached its destination, and The North Remembers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rrr_img_126253.jpg

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Re: Jon Stark legitimacy, I was surprised no one mentioned Robb's letter. It will probably be revealed that it reached its destination, and The North Remembers.
Damn man, you are right. Did Robb send the letter in the show? I don't remember off the top of my head.

I forgot about that letter but now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense and is really the only legitimate way it can be done. Add that to the fact that the letter's recipient fought in a certain battle that we are almost definitely going to see play out in some manner, and it becomes a near certainty from a narrative/character introduction standpoint. The North Remembers, indeed.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Damn man, you are right. Did Robb send the letter in the show? I don't remember off the top of my head.

I forgot about that letter but now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense and is really the only legitimate way it can be done. Add that to the fact that the letter's recipient fought in a certain battle that we are almost definitely going to see play out in some manner, and it becomes a near certainty from a narrative/character introduction standpoint. The North Remembers, indeed.
Can you elaborate on the letter? I don't recall it from the show, and I'm not going to read the books anytime soon.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Can you elaborate on the letter? I don't recall it from the show, and I'm not going to read the books anytime soon.
The Pink Letter is spoiler heavy to the books, so without getting into details, it relates to events leading up to Jon Snow's death, Stannis's apparent death and Theon and Ramsay's wife's escape from winterfell, but in completely different circumstances. so much so there will probably be no Pink Letter in the tv show. in other words, as a show watcher, its nothing to worry about.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The Pink Letter is spoiler heavy to the books, so without getting into details, it relates to events leading up to Jon Snow's death, Stannis's apparent death and Theon and Ramsay's wife's escape from winterfell, but in completely different circumstances. so much so there will probably be no Pink Letter in the tv show. in other words, as a show watcher, its nothing to worry about.
They're talking about the letter Robb wrote concerning the heir to Winterfell, not the letter that "Ramsay" wrote.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The current thought is that Rob named Jon his heir. Someone took the King of North's decree but it has never come up since. I think Jon finds out Rob named him heir and he will leave the Watch because of it.