GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No discussion of the leaked episodes in this thread, please. The quality of it sucks, so I recommend people wait till the release.

If you want to discuss them, use the spoiler thread. If you're a non-book reader and want to discuss them without being spoiled by the books, make a new thread. However I won't be moderating that thread, nor the spoiler thread.

Any discussion of the leaked episodes in this thread, spoiler tag or no, will result in an infraction.
Are you saying people can talked about leaked episodes in the spoiler thread? I've read the books and that's sort of horse shit, a lot is changing this season and I'll have to avoid my predetermined discussion thread because some shit head wants to discuss episodes that aren't released.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Are you saying people can talked about leaked episodes in the spoiler thread? I've read the books and that's sort of horse shit, a lot is changing this season and I'll have to avoid my predetermined discussion thread because some shit head wants to discuss episodes that aren't released.
There's a dedicated book thread...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You can talk about the leaked eps in the spoiler thread, but if the episode hasn't aired yet, put any discussion in spoiler tags in that thread.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ugh, no Wyman Manderly then... but that could be a good thing. Maybe Darth Sansa pulls off the Frey Pies herself.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Decent first episode. I guess Mance wasn't important in the big scheme of things!
Why would you assume that? Mance "dies" in the books also. Only later do we find out it isn't the real Mance.

Now I grant you that he probably won't be coming back, simply because I don't know how they can pull off the "its Mance but he looks like someone else" but I wouldn't be convinced he is for certain dead either.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, true that. I guess they could have pulled the switch-a-roo there.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Why would you assume that? Mance "dies" in the books also. Only later do we find out it isn't the real Mance.

Now I grant you that he probably won't be coming back, simply because I don't know how they can pull off the "its Mance but he looks like someone else" but I wouldn't be convinced he is for certain dead either.
He's for certain dead bro. We get to see him give some noble manceish talk before being set on fire then gets an honorable death. Dead.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Hinds was awesome as Mance, but there's no reason, for a book reader, to assume he's dead, yet. There was a lot of showing eye-contact between Mance and Giantsbane during the burning, while mance said nothing as he was burning. I'm holding judgement on that direction.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a hard time caring about any of the Dany related story lines. Hopefully spider and Tyrion spice that up. Everything at the wall is the best part right now.

Cybsled

It's possible, since it was a "gotcha" moment in the books. However, in the books you had a dickhead (Rattleshirt) to be fake Mance. It would suck if the switch was done with Giantsbane on the show if they went that route. Would be better if it were some random Thane, because no one likes Thanes ;p

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Or more likely there was no switch cus it was a shit plot device in the books as well and the purpose for it isn't needed in the show.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Or more likely there was no switch cus it was a shit plot device in the books as well and the purpose for it isn't needed in the show.
Given that Sansa is taking over the Winterfell plot, more than likely. But I did love the Mance in Winterfell Scenes in the books.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
refresh my memory its been a while but wasn't jeyne poole given to baelish and his brothel and then later he manufactured her as fake arya for the boltons? Can't remember which episode the sansa stuff plays out and don't wanna ruin it for those waiting on the episodes to air

spronk

FPS noob
good shit i was a bit concerned that I might be a little lost having not seen the show in a year but it feels like the first episode was a catch-up episode that gently reminded viewers of all the characters and where they are in the story.

did young cersei only ask 2 questions of the witch? will i marry the prince, will i have kids? not sure if the answers counted as 2 or 3.

poor brienne, thats like the millionth time a stark girl has been within 50 feet of her and she doesn't even notice

Brad2770

She asked 3. The first 2 questions kind of played off of each other (referring to him having 20 kids and her only having 3)

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The change in Sansa's character has me really confused and annoyed. I figured they were definitely deviating from the books with her, but it seemed that it would go in this super cool direction. Now she is basically back to being a pawn, instead of a player that I originally thought she would be.

A bunch of these changes just seem a little head scratching when compared to where we left last season, or when we know what is likely a key plot point and thus has to happen, and now I can't figure out how we'll get to some of these places.