GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khorum

Murder Apologist
My guess is that the trailer scene features Oswald Whent. You can only see it for a milli-second when the swords swing by, but I think his helmet has wings over the ear. Whent wore a characteristic helmet featuring a bat motif and some of the fan art does show him with 2 swords despite there being no such indications in the books.
The Whent symbol is already in the show, in fact it was on a shield in the first season and Catelyn pointed it out.

Meanwhile the dualwielder clearly had the Targaryen Dragons on his cuirass:

2o68HKO.jpg

It can't be Hightower, it can't be Whent and the Daynes' sigil has also been mentioned. So unless they fudged the canon and made the kingsguard wear Targaryen livery for the Tower of Joy, maybe it's from a different flashback.

But I'll bet they just made them wear the Targaryen armor to lend more weight to the value of whatever they were guarding in the Tower.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The Targaryen symbol is that of the sitting king if we assume this is a flashback. I would imagine many folks who serve the king could wear his crest.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They're Kingsguard, though. Hightower was regarded as the ultimate Commander of the Kingsguard too.

I could see it if Ned opens with something like"Shame you kingsguard had to disguise yourselves as mere Targaryen soldiers.."or something.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I wish we also could get a flash back of Robert smashing that tool Rhaegar.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
They're Kingsguard, though. Hightower was regarded as the ultimate Commander of the Kingsguard too.

I could see it if Ned opens with something like"Shame you kingsguard had to disguise yourselves as mere Targaryen soldiers.."or something.
Man if they don't do the dialogue exactly like it is in the book I'm going to be butthurt.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't be surprised Dawn is turned into a long sword for the show. They start 7 vs 3 if I recall right, so there would be plenty of spare weapons laying on the ground for Dayne to pick up an extra half way thru the fight.

You can see the pommels are different; if any of the three Kingsguard is a regular dual wielder, you'd expect he'd own two identical swords. So I'm thinking he got the second one during the battle.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Might be a serious nerdrage thing, but I would hope they wouldn't fuck up Dayne and Dawn. TOJ probably one of the most anticipated scenes we're going to see on the TV show, they better fucking nail it.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
why'd this thread get dug up from the nether?

We're past the books, non-book readers, there ain't really shit to spoil

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm looking at Arya's eyebrows on that video and thinking she must have a bush like Shaft camped between her legs. Jesus christ they're huge.

Szlia

Isn't there tons of book stuff that was not showed or even mentioned in the serie and other that was changed making a "tv watchers only" thread still a good idea?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
All threads will be merged(book and show) and spoiler battles will be fought Mad Max-sytle.