GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This complaint complaint abstraction derail is going to be AIDS.

Can we get back to bitching about the show please?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
in the reminder reel before the episode they showed some littlefinger/sansa stuff. but it ended up not being apparently relevant to the episode. was it an accident or was there something i missed?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i dunno about the story since we are 2 or so books from the conclusion of this story, but yes the only known remaining male heir to the northern kingdom is monumentally important, he is about as important as dany is for the last known living targaryan. the Starks are the descended from the First Men of The North, its why the wildlings even respect the Starks.
House Stark - A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Vex pretty much covered my thoughts, but we can't forget that Sam knows about Bran, and while we all assumed Bran was destined for life as a treeman, we've already heard that he's not going to stay there forever. No idea if that means he'll return to Winterfell or what. Obviously we'll have to see where it all goes, but in reality the only Stark child that is dead is Robb.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
in the reminder reel before the episode they showed some littlefinger/sansa stuff. but it ended up not being apparently relevant to the episode. was it an accident or was there something i missed?
LF was telling Sansa about her aunt and the Tower of Joy. It was extremely relevant to this episode.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
apparently i spaced out on the content of the conversation, at the time i was just thinking "about time they showed up this season"

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That said, I'm glad the scene went down the way it did. Really humanizes Ned.
It also really highlighted how badass Arthur Dayne was - Ned was no pushover as a swordsman, up there near Jaime Lannister in skill, and he probably would have been near the peak of his prowess at this point - and Dayne schooled his ass like a chump.

I have a bit of saltiness about the scene, but not really as much; everything we know about it comes a Ned fever dream, and some veiled references the Reeds made to Bran, so I can live with the dialogue not being perfect. Wish it would have been 7 on 3 though, the show has done so well with quite a few of the other 'big moments' (red wedding, Oberyn and the Mountain, Joffrey's death) being almost exact from the book, it makes me wonder why this one wasn't.

Unless it WAS exact, just from a book we haven't seen yet, and alot of what we think we know about the Tower of Joy is wrong. That would be some shit.

spronk

FPS noob
the actor who played Dayne plays Woodes Rogers, governor of Nassau on Black Sails btw if he looked sorta familiar

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's how I would have done it if I'd been writing the Tower of Joy. Aside from better fight choreography and no dual wielding, Dayne would survive the fight, although Howland would still save Ned's life, making that part of the story true. Ned goes up into the tower, scene ends. Then, at the end of the episode, Ned comes down out of the tower, sun is close to setting (so you plebs know that time has passed) and he just walks right up and murders Dayne in cold blood.

I think it would be shocking enough to suggest that perhaps something more complex than Jon being the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, and make people start wondering. But it is as simple as R+L=J, Ned just snaps when he realizes that his father and brother were burned alive and the country went through a civil war simply because his kid sister eloped with a prince.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How does stabbing a guy in the back during a fight sully your honor? It's a fight. It's not a duel. You win by any means necessary. I don't see that as a fair contest between gentlemen, I see it as "I'm gonna get in that tower" and the other guy is going to lay down his life to stop you. Stabbed in the back? Shoulda watched your back.

That said, I'm glad the scene went down the way it did. Really humanizes Ned.
Isn't there some honor code for knight vs knight combat or some shit?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Clearly because when you are trying to illustrate just how badass of a swordsman someone is you just add more swords.
Major spoiler. New King of the North.

rrr_img_133499.jpg

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Bran gonna get stuck in a time loop when he goes back to season 1 and yells at himself to not climb the Bangin Tower

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Here's how I would have done it if I'd been writing the Tower of Joy. Aside from better fight choreography and no dual wielding, Dayne would survive the fight, although Howland would still save Ned's life, making that part of the story true. Ned goes up into the tower, scene ends. Then, at the end of the episode, Ned comes down out of the tower, sun is close to setting (so you plebs know that time has passed) and he just walks right up and murders Dayne in cold blood.

I think it would be shocking enough to suggest that perhaps something more complex than Jon being the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, and make people start wondering. But it is as simple as R+L=J, Ned just snaps when he realizes that his father and brother were burned alive and the country went through a civil war simply because his kid sister eloped with a prince.
Yes, it makes perfect sense for Ned to take out his anger on the noble, honorable knight known as the Sword of the Morning and kill him in cold blood just because that Knight had committed the crime of swearing an oath to protect the King and the Royal family.

Perfect sense indeed