GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the cersei stuff is pretty good. i admit it rustles my jimmies watching jaime act like her lapdog, but i enjoy watching her spin her stupid webs and then have them blow up in her face

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, Jaime and Cersi just aren't as interesting as any of the others.

I am thoroughly apathetic to the entire Kings Landing intrigue. The Cersi and Jaime characters just don't have enough umph to pull it off by themselves. The High Sparrow was ok, but he's gotten sorta tedious. King Doesn't Have Pubes... really don't care. The entire thing is just meh. It's not that I hate it. Hate would at least be an emotion I feel about those scenes.

There's nobody important in KL anymore. Which I think is sort of the point, and that's fine. But there's no need to spend 1/3 of each episode beating that drum.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, Jaime and Cersi just aren't as interesting as any of the others.

I am thoroughly apathetic to the entire Kings Landing intrigue. The Cersi and Jaime characters just don't have enough umph to pull it off by themselves. The High Sparrow was ok, but he's gotten sorta tedious. King Doesn't Have Pubes... really don't care. The entire thing is just meh. It's not that I hate it. Hate would at least be an emotion I feel about those scenes.

There's nobody important in KL anymore. Which I think is sort of the point, and that's fine. But there's no need to spend 1/3 of each episode beating that drum.
there is nobody more interesting.
jon left the wall and is just riding along. arya wasted our time with her training. tyrion is having drinking games, daeny keeps telling herself how awesome she is. bran is literally laying down doing nothing. and sam is taking gilly and her perpetual baby meet the parents. but KL drama bores you the most?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
there is nobody more interesting.
jon left the wall and is just riding along. arya wasted our time with her training. tyrion is having drinking games, daeny keeps telling herself how awesome she is. bran is literally laying down doing nothing. and sam is taking gilly and her perpetual baby meet the parents. but KL drama bores you the most?
You seriously think the KL stuff is on par with Jon vs Ramsay and all the revelations that come from Bran's storyline? Seriously, we're 1 episode removed from the source of White Walkers and Hodor, while the Tower of Joy is still upcoming and his whole thing is "just laying down doing nothing"?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They're showing Cersei orchestrate the implosion of what is left of family (which is why so many of the major players had to be pulled out of KL, to give her enough rope to hang herself). They rose to great heights within the overall lore, so if that happened all short and neat it would feel cheap.

That said it did seem for a while there like KL got sucked into a bit of the treading of water that Dany's arc has been doing for a long time now. Showing people left in a cell to languish away to the point of contrition doesn't make for exciting television.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You seriously think the KL stuff is on par with Jon vs Ramsay and all the revelations that come from Bran's storyline? Seriously, we're 1 episode removed from the source of White Walkers and Hodor, while the Tower of Joy is still upcoming and his whole thing is "just laying down doing nothing"?
no, that was awesome. yes one episode had good shit in it. and his visions had cool stuff in it. that doesnt make bran's story more exciting than whats going on in KL. you got lots of stuff going on there, all the other stories are centered around events that originating from there. arya ditched her years of training because of a play about KL stuff. bran has dreams about KL stuff. Jon's heritage is linked to Targaryen blood, so is daeny's. when the Unmountain meets up with The Gravedigger i bet you will be glued to your tv/monitor, when cersei's stupid tommen plot blows back in her face you will be watching. when kevan & pycelle gets murdered by the little sparrows, you will be watching, when the dragons start shitting on KL or when cersei (or whomever) ignites all the wildfire hidden under KL i bet you're watching too. KL is the bomb!

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
We are def gonna see TWoW in the next couple of years. He's released like a dozen chapters from it to the public, which I would take to mean hes close to being finished. Then again, I'm an optimist. Finishing the series? Ehhhh...

Im no author, but I don't think you release preview chapters unless they're polished and you have much more shit written. I do agree with the notion that the series is too big to be wrapped up in two published books though.
no all of the released chapters were ones he pulled from Dance of Dragons and moved into the next book. They were all written 6 years ago. He claims this year to have finally buckled down and started writing again, he stopped writing for the show, stopped doing conventions, etc.

Except he started doing conventions and he's doing a lot of editing for other works and winds is no closer to being finished than it was 6 years ago. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised with a 2016, even a 2017 release date for the book. But a safer bet is that he hasn't written 1 fucking word since he published Dance.

Cybsled

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he waits for the show to finish before he finishes the books.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I should probably stop reading this thread before I go to bed. Had a dream last night about Arya and Jaqen. Jaqen was helping Arya escape from the House of B&W then his face started coming off and underneath he was a true faceless man, but his face was like some kind of patchwork doll made up of different kind of fabrics. Then the floor started coming alive with other faceless patchwork men.

This is probably how the Arya storyline will conclude. It is known.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought they made the Mad King look stupid in the last episode. I would have preferred they stuffed the unused Aerys scene from season 1 into one of Bran's visions, really dumb they never showed execution of Rickard and Brandon.

latest

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
no, that was awesome. yes one episode had good shit in it. and his visions had cool stuff in it. that doesnt make bran's story more exciting than whats going on in KL. you got lots of stuff going on there, all the other stories are centered around events that originating from there. arya ditched her years of training because of a play about KL stuff. bran has dreams about KL stuff. Jon's heritage is linked to Targaryen blood, so is daeny's. when the Unmountain meets up with The Gravedigger i bet you will be glued to your tv/monitor, when cersei's stupid tommen plot blows back in her face you will be watching. when kevan & pycelle gets murdered by the little sparrows, you will be watching, when the dragons start shitting on KL or when cersei (or whomever) ignites all the wildfire hidden under KL i bet you're watching too. KL is the bomb!
I don't think anyone's saying KL will never be important to the overall story, but the current Lannister/Tyrell/High Sparrow story just isn't nearly as interesting as what Jon, Bran, Arya, or even Littlefinger are up to.

Debase

N00b
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he waits for the show to finish before he finishes the books.
I don't think he even needs to wait to have that happen. We'll see Winds of Winter, but probably not Dream of Spring until after the show completes simply because it takes him 3-5 years to get his shit together.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think anyone's saying KL will never be important to the overall story, but the current Lannister/Tyrell/High Sparrow story just isn't nearly as interesting as what Jon, Bran, Arya, or even Littlefinger are up to.
I understand, im just making my case for KL being the axis point of the whole series past present and future. i mean when the Others storm the wall and start Borging the north, nobody gonna give a fuck, but when they come to KL then the continent will tremble.i really like the sparrow and QoT's performances. cersei is still a sexy woman. not a girl like dany. im very happy with all that's going on there. in the books it was the same way.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If hehadn'twritten anything you'd be shocked? He's released a bunch of chapters already, so I guess you are safe from a dangerous shock.
Sylas stated that all of the chapters he released are chapters that he removed from Dance before release and that he hasn't written anything since then most likely. I know Sylas is Sylas so that explains that, but it would be shocking to me if that were true.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that's exactly it.

That shit is just boring. I'm sure it will matter later when Dany shows up with her Dragons to melt the iron throne and finds that it's already been melted down to make more flails for the high sparrow's army or whatever. But at the moment, I just can't be interested in any of it.

Quirky smile is in prison for being a bitch? Ok, fine. King No Short Hairs is getting won over by the Sparrow and trying to be a man/good king but he's just getting played like the chump that he is? Well... ok. I don't feel like it takes 15 minutes to show me that.

Although the counterpoint is also completely fair -- if it all went to shit in 1 scene that would also feel cheap and would probably be worse overall than boring. So I dunno how you do that, really. I kinda think that you have to lay groundwork previously, you have to show KL as a vibrant city and you have to invest in some tertiary characters just so that when things do start going bad you can use those tertiarty throw away characters to create an emotional involvement with the cersi/jaime being dumbfucks aspect of it. But with thehorrendouscharacter sprawl the story already suffers from (and is starting to finally get under control)... I also understand you can't really do that either. So... I dunno. This is one of those things where it probably was much better in the books just because of the medium.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
We just met Joffrey at the Dallas Comic Con today. I purposefully wore a Tyrion shirt. He scowled at me for a minute before he said that he wouldn't have me killed. He was pissed. We talked for a bit, the guy was pretty nice, and asking people about themselves. I had him sign a picture, to my family, and stating "Everyone is mine to torment." We had a picure with him later, and I asked if we could all choke like we were poisoned. He said no problem man.

The family pic of us choking in it was awesome. He even gave the face like he did when he died in the show. And he remembered our names hours later, and there's like 50k people here. He's the exact opposite of what he was on the show. I know he's retired from acting because of negative fan responses (hell, the guy in front of us opened with "I hate you"), so I tried to encourage him to get back in. He said he was interested in getting back in.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know he's retired from acting because of negative fan responses (hell, the guy in front of us opened with "I hate you"), so I tried to encourage him to get back in. He said he was interested in getting back in.
I didn't think there was anything that could ever make me feel sympathy for that guy, but there it is.